McAvoy injury?

troutmaster

Looks like young Liam is going to be out for a while,liam came off with a suspected broken ankle or ligament damage to the ankle.He will be a big loss to town, but, if it turns out to be his ankle, we hopefully can get someone from wigan until he recovers.Good luck liam,hope all go's well for you.

Shame, he is , in my opinion our best forward, BUT this year, like all of you have mentioned ,we have a good squad with people to fill in for him!

McAvoy out Olstrum in.... Could you get a better replacement!

Notice in the match report on the news and tat website that the reporter talked about the decision to award Wigan a scrum after Callum kicked through after collecting a knock on. That free play rule been changed for this season or something? Liam went over on his ankle just after that scrum, could've all been different if play had been brought back for a Town scrum

Couldn't understand why Hewer didn't go back to the original knock-on by Wigan as there was no advantage to Town.   I don't think the rule has been changed from last season.

For those that didn't see it - Wigan player knocked on, Callum hacked the ball diagonally across the pitch and beat their player to the ball but as he collected it he was bundled in to touch.    Scrum given with feed to Wigan.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Couldn't understand why Hewer didn't go back to the original knock-on by Wigan as there was no advantage to Town.   I don't think the rule has been changed from last season.

For those that didn't see it - Wigan player knocked on, Callum hacked the ball diagonally across the pitch and beat their player to the ball but as he collected it he was bundled in to touch.    Scrum given with feed to Wigan.

Original offence was on the halfway line and scrum was back on Wigan 5m line so maybe that is a reasonable advantage?

Original offence was on the halfway line and scrum was back on Wigan 5m line so maybe that is a reasonable advantage?

I thought that was the idea of the rule though to encourage attacking play. What's the point in it if the team that makes the error gets the ball back?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

I thought territory was irrelevant and the free play from an error meant you always got the ball back from the original error - as you making territory in it isn't as big an advantage of getting a full set of six

Archived