Training 2night

troutmaster

Tonight we are back at the land of promise that is Derwent park,Tonight we had the pleasure of the Derwent storms young boys taking on the big lads of Town,The young boys went about ther job and were really getting stuck in to the town lads.I really liked the way they went about doing the things that Mr Clark has drilled into them,there was at least 4 or 5 that will in the long term turn out to be very good RL players if they have got their heads screwed on,and i am sure that the coach was impressed with their efforts tonight.The start of the new season is upon us and on sunday we are off on our travels to Bramley,it is a hard game to start with,but, i like the look of our squad,and with a bit of luck going our way i can see we could get a result down there,on to the team now and phil has a hard choice to make when selecting the team for Batley,the halves is my only worry,but i am sure that Carl and Callum will not let us down, now with Elliot missing it can only be carter and young Sam on the wing,the outside backs we will have Mossop and big Whitely,so thats the back division catered for,and for now the halves can look after themselves.I think we have big shacks in the front row along side matty,in the second row we will have big Kurt making his debut alongside big Brett,and the 13 man i think will be Jarrad or Olstrum.A bit of news about our neighbours tonight is,that mr Eilbeck,and mr Robinson have decided to take a week in New York,well if that is true,i think the haven fans will not take to kindly to see to prominent Directors swanning off to the USA when they have a vital,vital game against Halifax on sunday.Anyway,good luck to our boys on sunday,just give 100% is all we ask,and maybe,just maybe we can spring a suprise and a win for the mighty Town.

Tonight we are back at the land of promise that is Derwent park,Tonight we had the pleasure of the Derwent storms young boys taking on the big lads of Town,The young boys went about ther job and were really getting stuck in to the town lads.I really liked the way they went about doing the things that Mr Clark has drilled into them,there was at least 4 or 5 that will in the long term turn out to be very good RL players if they have got their heads screwed on,and i am sure that the coach was impressed with their efforts tonight.The start of the new season is upon us and on sunday we are off on our travels to Bramley,it is a hard game to start with,but, i like the look of our squad,and with a bit of luck going our way i can see we could get a result down there,on to the team now and phil has a hard choice to make when selecting the team for Batley,the halves is my only worry,but i am sure that Carl and Callum will not let us down, now with Elliot missing it can only be carter and young Sam on the wing,the outside backs we will have Mossop and big Whitely,so thats the back division catered for,and for now the halves can look after themselves.I think we have big shacks in the front row along side matty,in the second row we will have big Kurt making his debut alongside big Brett,and the 13 man i think will be Jarrad or Olstrum.A bit of news about our neighbours tonight is,that mr Eilbeck,and mr Robinson have decided to take a week in New York,well if that is true,i think the haven fans will not take to kindly to see to prominent Directors swanning off to the USA when they have a vital,vital game against Halifax on sunday.Anyway,good luck to our boys on sunday,just give 100% is all we ask,and maybe,just maybe we can spring a suprise and a win for the mighty Town.

Great report as usual Barry its Batley we are off to Sunday though mate

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Yes I wouldn't be surprised to see Jarrad locking the scrum with Horton around . Really interesting to see Horton's skills in relation to opening opportunities for his outside men , as well as his own running game .

Great report as usual Barry its Batley we are off to Sunday though mate

HAHA,what a annoying person.I Was impressed with derwent storm tonight but Bramley,where the hell is Bramley,sorry fella's and thanks gilly for pointing it out,haha,i will never live it down.DUR.......

HAHA,what a annoying person.I Was impressed with derwent storm tonight but Bramley,where the hell is Bramley,sorry fella's and thanks gilly for pointing it out,haha,i will never live it down.DUR.......

If you go to Bramley in Sunday you will find a nice newish housing estate without any grass to play on

Good report troutmaster but spoiled by your final incorrect comments, A bit of news about our neighbours tonight, yes they are away on a pre booked weekend break but that was booked months ago with their wives, with all their hard work that they have done recently at the club I don't think the supporters will grumble, 

Maybe hen pecked for valentines,  but at least its not the middle of the season going on a stag party to Ibiza like some players have done in the past,  

All I can say is,  after all the hard work that both Cotter and Gary have done over the last few months for Whitehaven no one could ever argue their commitment to the club, and anyone from Town that even suggests Cotters commitment to a club hasn't a clue what they are talking about, especially after all he done for Town over the years both on and off the field, 

Good report troutmaster but spoiled by your final incorrect comments, A bit of news about our neighbours tonight, yes they are away on a pre booked weekend break but that was booked months ago with their wives, with all their hard work that they have done recently at the club I don't think the supporters will grumble,

If i am wrong BM,my apologies,but was told by someone in the know,but, being in the know does not always count.

Exactly troutmaster, some people just like to think their in the know, but I can guarantee you that the trip was booked last year, and once they found out about the Halifax game the pair were gutted, and I think it was last Wednesday night when they were setting off to the airport and Gary was still at the ground at half 8, don't think Mrs E was happy, but they are in N Y now and I can tell you they will be getting updates from the game, Cotter will also make sure he gets Town updates also,

Town and Haven both need each other to be beating teams that will be around them in the league table. I'm sure both clubs will be thanking each other for such results before this season is over.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Archived