Workington 18 Dewsbury 31: discussion, report, highlights

Piggy's mate

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listened on the wireless, and it sounded like two poor teams slogging it out!

A fair attempt at a troll PM but even you should be able to do better by now.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

When does an opinion become a troll? :) I was travelling home to sunny Batley from Scotland and had a choice between Man city or Dewsbury. As a Dewsbury lad born within sight of the tip where you built your ground I do take an interest and the commentary sounded like too poor teams bashing it out with a few comical errors thrown in by Worky that gave you the game. My opinion, of course and if the multitude of Dewsbury fans who attended the game wish to comment.....

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

About 20 fans attended the match from dewsbury PM.. Not that terrible for a 8 hour round trip on a midweek match. From speaking to one of them we we're poor first half but played much better in the second. Even on twitter mensioned a fair few knock ons but il happily take the win.. Not bad considering the travel and the fact some of our lads worked up until dinner on the Wednesday and played the previous Sunday..

When does an opinion become a troll? :) I was travelling home to sunny Batley from Scotland and had a choice between Man city or Dewsbury. As a Dewsbury lad born within sight of the tip where you built your ground I do take an interest and the commentary sounded like too poor teams bashing it out with a few comical errors thrown in by Worky that gave you the game. My opinion, of course and if the multitude of Dewsbury fans who attended the game wish to comment.....

Ooh! Touched a nerve there I think.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Matthew Haggarty , big lad , led your go forward, and young Farrell was a tyro , running hard and a couple of wicked hand offs . Crookes was a handful , him n Stacky went hammer and tongs . Like last year Morton caught every thing , Wildie and Godwin sniped a fair bit , but Thackeray pulled the strings with his all round kicking game . After fifteen minutes you looked pretty comfy , even though we gave some gifts and threw very little at you . No DR at all for us - weve had Hampshire , Tierney , Greenwood ,Manfredi , Mossop , and it was a bit worrying to see where we stand , although a few were playing busted . All in all no complaints . We are far better than that , rarely at DP are we so timid . But I've just seen on your squad list who wasn't there for you!!

Tidy set up , you should do more than fine . Hope we do to , still hopeful . All the best guys

Matthew Haggarty , big lad , led your go forward, and young Farrell was a tyro , running hard and a couple of wicked hand offs . Crookes was a handful , him n Stacky went hammer and tongs . Like last year Morton caught every thing , Wildie and Godwin sniped a fair bit , but Thackeray pulled the strings with his all round kicking game . After fifteen minutes you looked pretty comfy , even though we gave some gifts and threw very little at you . No DR at all for us - weve had Hampshire , Tierney , Greenwood ,Manfredi , Mossop , and it was a bit worrying to see where we stand , although a few were playing busted . All in all no complaints . We are far better than that , rarely at DP are we so timid . But I've just seen on your squad list who wasn't there for you!!

Tidy set up , you should do more than fine . Hope we do to , still hopeful . All the best guys

Thanks DavidM good post,must admit I was surprised by the result,my gut feeling was we'd lose. I think you can turn it round you've got some good players,Matterson who on his day is one of the best 9s,Jarrad Stack Brett Phillips,Murphy,McAvoy & Dewsbury lad Whiteley,I think you need a couple of good half backs to guide you round the field. Good luck to you guy's for rest of season,see you at Blackpool!!

And its taken how long! See how things are after Easter ;)

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

Are you referring to that small club we play on Good Friday?

Yeah two shellackings I predict! One on Good Friday and one on an Even better Monday :lol:

Archived