Rams snare Adamson ahead of the competition

Tom Coates

Yep, but we can only have 13 on the pitch at the same time, just like all the other teams.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Yep, but we can only have 13 on the pitch at the same time, just like all the other teams.

True but I can't see the other twenty odd been happy playing second team rugby unless their earning a fat wad? Dewsbury are burning cash faster than my missus

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

True but I can't see the other twenty odd been happy playing second team rugby unless their earning a fat wad? Dewsbury are burning cash faster than my missus

Nobody's going to be happy with not playing on a regular basis,I think some of your players won't be long before they are knocking on Mr Kear's door!!

It's nice of you to worry about us so much PM but there's no need thanks.

:kiss:

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I was very impressed with him when we signed him but a couple of seasons later he was just a penalty machine and simply was nowhere near as good as the other two backrowers he was competing for places with (Divorty & Manning). Whether that was down to Harrisons coaching or the player himself I guess you will find out. As a Fax fan I was pleased we turned him down and held out for Fairbank but if any coach can get the best out of him Morrison certainly seems to be that breed.

Look what Glenn did with matt haggerty blue ox... Glenn will get the best out of him in sure but he as to earn his place in the side yet.. Can't see spicer and hale getting dropped and Farrell's a real talent ... Maybe fighting with his brother Toby for a spot on the bench...however injuries usually occur during the season so when called up on will be a good signing I'm sure.. May be a reserves player for a while though. Everyone as to perform or could be out of the team , suppose that's only a good thing though. Last year we were down to our last 17 18 players towards the end of the season so having a second team is great. Didn't Glenn say he'd include the man on match in second team in the first team squad each week? Presume he means the 19 man squad..

I was very impressed with him when we signed him but a couple of seasons later he was just a penalty machine and simply was nowhere near as good as the other two backrowers he was competing for places with (Divorty & Manning). Whether that was down to Harrisons coaching or the player himself I guess you will find out. As a Fax fan I was pleased we turned him down and held out for Fairbank but if any coach can get the best out of him Morrison certainly seems to be that breed.

:acute:

Tom

Pretty sure it was Adamson who turned down a couple of clubs to come and join the rams.

its all very well signing everone that ever picked up a ball but the money will run out n when rams cant get their hands on housing development money again what happens then I  cant help but think they are signing players so no one else can have em who next gareth hock

sweeper, on 24 Feb 2015 - 2:24 PM, said:

its all very well signing everone that ever picked up a ball but the money will run out n when rams cant get their hands on housing development money again what happens then I  cant help but think they are signing players so no one else can have em who next gareth hock

So of our last three signings (all three out of the game and available to sign since the end of last season), which of them do you reckon would have featured in the first teams of the numerous clubs they seem to have slighted by signing for the rams ?

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

It has been stated numerous times by MS that the the Rams have NOT received a huge payout by the developers, and what money has been received is (rightly) earmarked to secure the long term future of the club, along with income from the various facilities. I think therefore, that signings like Gareth Hock will be well out of our player budget for the foreseeable future - along with most others in the championship.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

First post eh Sweeper?

Any previous names we should know about?

I suppose it depends on what terms the players are signed on. Guaranteed money or match terms.

Guaranteed money doesn't mean as much to a player as being first choice in their position every week its soul destroying being left out especially if the player feels he hasn't warranted being left out . 

chappy

Guaranteed money doesn't mean as much to a player as being first choice in their position every week its soul destroying being left out especially if the player feels he hasn't warranted being left out .

I run a business and when I lose an order to a competitor, it is soul destroying, but I pick myself up and do my best to ensure my products are better. If i don't, then my business will fail, that's life.

Thats a very pertinent comment suzzy .

Applicable to 85% of the Rams squad?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

think people are forgetting we lost tommy Gallagher and matt haggertys wage is now off our salary,,, hence the signings of adamson and crookes.. Paul Jackson is signed as a replacement for Zach Johnson who's out for the season

I agree that we have a big squad and that it will take a lot of keeping players happy. Saying that, a lot of the recent signings have just about begged to come to the club. They will know that the competition for places is massive, but they knew that before signing on.

Regarding money and player terms, not all players are on season long money deals, some are on match terms, for now.

Players begging to come to the club? That can't have happened since the Neil Kelly 2000 season

season.

James

Rams Scoreboard/Facebook/Twitter/Occasional announcer/Teamsheets and much more!

Also, play in a classic rock and metal covers band www.justicerising.co.uk

Archived