Donny reaction

town4me

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was dreading losing this game but we were always in control, I thought Doran moved us around the field very well (he's just stocky Tel ;) ) Forrester looked very promising and Mattinson had his best game in a long time, he was the Matty we signed.

Great to get our first points on the board let's hope we can go down to London next week and put in a performance.

Well done lad's, UP THE TOWN

Forrester looks the real deal . All the hype is justified there for one ( sorry JPB ! ) . Natural full back , but those skills ... Under the high ball , defensively , mopping things up , are vital on the wing to . And he can finish a chance and runs it in strongly . Hasn't made an error yet as well . Great try by Perry - turn of pace and skinned Waterman . He's a weapon - that side with Dom must be utilised . Time and space off good ball and they'll do the biz . Also , I'd love to see long kicks for Dom to chase - all up from a scrum , kick and run after that ! Doran can do things like that . Great gift on St David's day

YE never had a program did,ent hear the teams just assumed he was playing ,well he still was a lot better than Cookey and WHO haha

Cooke played 6 and Howarth (DR from Hull) was at 7

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

I thought Doncaster were poor acroos the park , the N0 4 that scored was the only lively looking player and he was always going to go on that play the ball ...most looked out of condition .

Reg Dunns son I'm led to believe. He was sat in the stand today.

Pleased , should have been more ahead first half. Some nice tries second half . Didn't think we were as ill disciplined as the penalty count . Pinged for offside five times in a row , when the ref could have pinged them 100 times for offside . Doesn't pick out individuals , everyone played their part . Donny have had a big turnover of players from week to week ,with hull players in and out , and that is disruptive . Pleased to see our error rate much reduced . Mossop pulled out by wigan . Got to win home games and make DP a fortress and uncomfortable for away teams

I know there was footy and RU on tv today but that performance deserved more than 741 through the gate. A solid team put together by a hard working board deserve better. I hope some ex townies read the report and fancy a return. Also let's get some kid for a quid games sorted.

I know there was footy and RU on tv today but that performance deserved more than 741 through the gate. A solid team put together by a hard working board deserve better. I hope some ex townies read the report and fancy a return. Also let's get some kid for a quid games sorted.

I couldn't agree more, but even though it's the cheapest in the league £15 will put a lot off when there is live sport on TV, I would like to see the concessions a bit cheaper as well. The club needs the money I know and it must be tough to strike a balance to attract more people through the gate. I would imagine the majority of yesterdays crowd would still go if it was £20, like most clubs we are finding it difficult to get back the floating/missing fans.

I couldn't agree more, but even though it's the cheapest in the league £15 will put a lot off when there is live sport on TV, I would like to see the concessions a bit cheaper as well. The club needs the money I know and it must be tough to strike a balance to attract more people through the gate. I would imagine the majority of yesterdays crowd would still go if it was £20, like most clubs we are finding it difficult to get back the floating/missing fans.

If you can offer primary/ secondary schools an offer where kids get in for a £1 but must be accompanied by a full paying adult then I'm sure it would put a few on the gate. Hopefully a percentage would return even if the offer wasn't on. I'm sure some clubs have a deal going with mcdonalds as well, where by the kids get a mcdonalds voucher when they pay to get in.

But like you say unicorn it's difficult for the club to strike a balance with finances and I know they've tried offers in the past that haven't worked out.

As a board of directors who put a lot of their own time, money and energy into giving us arguably the best team we've had since the Walshy Super League days, they must wonder what they've got to do to get a rather fickle West Cumbrian support back through the turnstile.

You need kids for a quid and not just a one off it has to be every game.

Reds started it last season and have kept it going we now get 70 odd under 16's every week paying to get in for £1. If only half come back when adults it's a job well done.

Also as you know west Cumbrians are fickle last season we where down to 250 the last home game was 581.

Keep winning and the crowds will rise!

Archived