Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

Phil Gould, the General Manager of Football at the Canterbury Bulldogs, has provided an injury update on Daniel Suluka-Fifita after he was recruited from the Rabbitohs earlier this season.

Suluka-Fifita was released from South Sydney at the beginning of March and would be picked up by the Bulldogs on a two-year contract to the end of the 2025 season.

Gould has disclosed that he will be available for team selection from Round 12 as he is still recovering from a knee injury.

Less than a day after the St George Illawarra Dragons confirmed that they will allow Zac Lomax to leave at the end of the season, the winger is reportedly set to meet with a Sydney club.

One of the club's best players to begin the season, the confirmation of his departure comes after months of rumoured friction between Lomax and head coach Shane Flanagan, mainly regarding his move from the centres to the wing.

In contention for a NSW Blues jersey this year, he has been with the Dragons since 2018 after being a graduate of the Illawarra Steelers SG Ball Cup program and an Australian Schoolboy in 2016 and 2017.

Since his debut against the South Sydney Rabbitohs, he has gone on to play 97 NRL matches and scored 677 points in the process (38 tries, 262 goals and one field goal)

Given permission to negotiate with rival clubs regarding his future, Lomax is scheduled to meet with Parramatta Eels officials on Wednesday, according to The Sydney Morning Herald.

Eels are desperate for a decent Centre (unless they play Talagi at full back and move Gutho up). Roosters need to replace Sualii and Manu for 2025 as well.

The Raiders sign Matt Timoko up for another 2 years, pus an extension option: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2024/04/05/matt-timoko-re-signs-with-the-raiders/

He's been an absolute diamond for the club  and is constantly improving.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Michael Jennings will play his 300th game this week but won't get any recognition from the NRL. This is due to his drug ban and recent civil case brought against him by his ex-wife, which included some non-family-friendly allegations.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-08/nrl-will-not-celebrate-michael-jennings-300th-game/103681666

On 05/04/2024 at 10:20, Futtocks said:

The Raiders sign Matt Timoko up for another 2 years, pus an extension option: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2024/04/05/matt-timoko-re-signs-with-the-raiders/

He's been an absolute diamond for the club  and is constantly improving.

He certainly thanked them in a big way on the weekend.

Big NASty (only joking) has put any thoughts of immediate return to the Storm first team on hold by his conduct at the weekend.

Asofa-Solomona, playing for the North Sydney Bears, was placed on report more than once and sin binned for a shot on Brent Naden.

A ban is more than likely.

Returning to the fold just got more complicated.

11 hours ago, Graham said:

Big NASty (only joking) has put any thoughts of immediate return to the Storm first team on hold by his conduct at the weekend.

Asofa-Solomona, playing for the North Sydney Bears, was placed on report more than once and sin binned for a shot on Brent Naden.

A ban is more than likely.

Returning to the fold just got more complicated.

Can you believe all you read? 
A Facebook post I’ve just read says he has been cleared by the judiciary.

Parramatta coach Brad Arthur has dumped strike winger Maika Sivo as part of a reshuffle designed to ignite his side’s stuttering season.

Arthur has gone with a new halves partnership for Saturday’s clash against North Queensland, with Daejarn Asi to come in at five-eighth alongside halfback Dylan Brown.

Rookie Blaize Talagi drops out of the side for Morgan Harper with Bailey Simonsson being moved to the wing for Sivo, whose surprise omission is a certain sign Arthur is becoming fed-up with his side’s modest and inconsistent results this season.

5 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

NRL 2024, Injuries, suspension, return dates, casualty ward and key information for the 2024 NRL Telstra Premiership season | NRL.com

Injuries and suspensions are as extensive as I can remember. Really sad to hear that Zac Laybutt is out for the season. He was going so well.

Don't think the list is that bad, most of those come back this round or next. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Graham said:

Parramatta coach Brad Arthur has dumped strike winger Maika Sivo as part of a reshuffle designed to ignite his side’s stuttering season.

Arthur has gone with a new halves partnership for Saturday’s clash against North Queensland, with Daejarn Asi to come in at five-eighth alongside halfback Dylan Brown.

Rookie Blaize Talagi drops out of the side for Morgan Harper with Bailey Simonsson being moved to the wing for Sivo, whose surprise omission is a certain sign Arthur is becoming fed-up with his side’s modest and inconsistent results this season.

Thought Sivo was struggling in the game a little. He didn't do much wrong, perhaps a knock. 

Talagi looked anonymous, felt sorry for Brown. Asi is certainly much better. The Eels forwards need a boot up the backside, it feels like things have gone a bit stale there

"Sea Eagles bosses have reportedly included a performance clause in Josh Schuster’s contract that has saved them from having to pay the $2.4 million remaining on his deal.

Manly powerbrokers gave the 22-year-old permission to leave the club immediately on Wednesday, making the brutal call to cut the talented forward loose.

Schuster failed to feature in any NRL games so far in the 2024 season, having played three games in NSW Cup in the backrow and at lock."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2024-manly-sea-eagles-josh-schuster-release-performance-clause-immediate-release-news-salary-where-could-josh-schuster-land-nrl360/news-story/98291efa54459543ba3c1119b6fefb73

59 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

"Sea Eagles bosses have reportedly included a performance clause in Josh Schuster’s contract that has saved them from having to pay the $2.4 million remaining on his deal.

Manly powerbrokers gave the 22-year-old permission to leave the club immediately on Wednesday, making the brutal call to cut the talented forward loose.

Schuster failed to feature in any NRL games so far in the 2024 season, having played three games in NSW Cup in the backrow and at lock."

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2024-manly-sea-eagles-josh-schuster-release-performance-clause-immediate-release-news-salary-where-could-josh-schuster-land-nrl360/news-story/98291efa54459543ba3c1119b6fefb73

This comment made me laugh.......

“But if the fruit gets too tempting right now and they go to the best offer, he could be playing for Salford in about three years.”

• Haha 1

Lomax is moving to Parra for 150k less when he’s in supreme career best form playing on the wing , getting super involved as wingers do nowadays and showing tremendous consistency which he never has . 

The struggling South Sydney Rabbitohs have announced the return of former assistant coach David Furner, reuniting the veteran mentor with head coach Jason Demetriou.

James Fisher-Harris to join the NZ Warriors. A 4-year deal, starting in 2025.

This should plug the gap left by Addin Fonua-Blake, who leaves for Parra at the end of this season.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, Futtocks said:

James Fisher-Harris to join the NZ Warriors. A 4-year deal, starting in 2025.

This should plug the gap left by Addin Fonua-Blake, who leaves for Parra at the end of this season.

With the Panthers allegedly wanting Stefano Uitoikamanu (apologies) to replace JFH.

5 minutes ago, Spotty Herbert said:

With the Panthers allegedly wanting Stefano Uitoikamanu (apologies) to replace JFH.

sliding-tile-puzzle-2.gif

Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, Spotty Herbert said:

I thought AFB was going to Cronulla?

Oh, maybe you're right. He's leaving anyway.

Ralph Waldo Emerson