Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

I'd be gutted if that materialises. He'd be a far bigger loss than Su'aalii.

I think he'd do well in that game too

It mentions his interest in playing for the All Blacks as well, but I thought you had to play in NZ to play for them or have the rules changed? 

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

I'd be gutted if that materialises. He'd be a far bigger loss than Su'aalii.

I think he'd do well in that game too

It mentions his interest in playing for the All Blacks as well, but I thought you had to play in NZ to play for them or have the rules changed? 

A couple of years making big money and a name for himself in France, then back to NZ in time for the 2027 world cup. Wouldn't be surprised if Big Nelson does the same.

Tyrone Munro out for two months with a shoulder injury. Such a shame for him and Souths at the start of the season. Hopefully he'll recover and get to play more games this year. I'm sure he will. Unbelievable talent. 

Rooster clearout continues - JWH to Super League in 2025.

If anyone reads my posts, I did predict this last season, but I will concede he is going 12 months later than I thought he would.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/roosters/nrl-2024-jared-waereahargreaves-to-leave-sydney-roosters-at-end-of-2024-season-in-talks-over-super-league-switch-news/news-story/fafb0874d575fc3cb62e3b85e5ab9872

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

• 4 weeks later...

Being reported in the Daily Telegraph (Sydney) that the first time he knew he had been cut by South's was when at the seasons end the players were called into the video room for a farewell tribute to the players who wre leaving and he was the first one on the clip.......

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

4 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Being reported in the Daily Telegraph (Sydney) that the first time he knew he had been cut by South's was when at the seasons end the players were called into the video room for a farewell tribute to the players who wre leaving and he was the first one on the clip.......

Who?

4 minutes ago, Graham said:

Remember Matt Moylan?

I watched him in action this afternoon against my team in the RL Cup game at Leigh.

Here he is 

qjKcsoc.jpeg

Speaking as someone who had zero talent at kicking points in my youth, even in dead calm conditions, Moylan landing 3 scoring kicks in today's weather is pretty damn impressive.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-03-24/nrl-gold-coast-titans-tino-faasuamaleaui-out-for-season/103625706

Gold Coast captain Tino Fa'asuamaleaui will miss the rest of the NRL season after scans confirmed he ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) against Canterbury on Saturday.

Fa'asuamaleaui had scans in Sydney on Saturday night after the Titans' 32-0 loss and a further analysis by a club doctor on Sunday morning revealed the worst possible news.

On 23/03/2024 at 18:15, Futtocks said:

Speaking as someone who had zero talent at kicking points in my youth, even in dead calm conditions, Moylan landing 3 scoring kicks in today's weather is pretty damn impressive.

Three of Leigh's tries were scored in the corner by Ellery Hanley's son. So those goal kicks were taken from the touchline.

Posted (edited)

NRL Casualty Ward

Casualty Ward

Brisbane Broncos

• Reece Walsh (facial fracture, TBC)
  • Adam Reynolds (knee, TBC)
  • Payne Haas (knee, Round 7-8)

Canberra Raiders

• Seb Kris (concussion, TBC)
  • Corey Horsburgh (suspended, Round 4)
  • Corey Harawira-Naera (seizure/medical, indefinite)

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

• Poasa Faamausili (head knock, TBC)
  • Josh Addo-Carr (AC joint, Round 4)
  • Karl Oloapu (neck, indefinite)
  • Ryan Sutton (knee, indefinite)

Cronulla Sharks

• Toby Rudolf (ankle, TBC)
  • Dale Finucane (facial injury, TBC)
  • Royce Hunt (calf, TBC)
  • Braden Hamlin-Uele (knee, Round 4)
  • Kade Dykes (hamstring, TBC)
  • Jesse Colquhoun (foot, indefinite) 

Dolphins

• Kodi Nikorima (head knock, TBC)
  • Anthony Milford (hamstring, TBC)
  • Ray Stone (head knock, Round 4)
  • Connelly Lemuelu (knee, Round 6)
  • Tom Gilbert (knee, 2025)

Gold Coast Titans

• Jayden Campbell (knee, Round 4)
  • David Fifita (pec, Round 4-6)
  • Tino Fa'asuamaleaui (knee, next season)

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

• Tommy Talau (ankle, Round 4)
  • Toafofoa Sipley (suspended, Round 4)
  • Matt Lodge (knee, Round 6-8)
  • Jason Saab (hamstring, Round 7)

Melbourne Storm

• Reimis Smith (ribs, TBC)
  • Joe Chan (hand, Round 5)
  • Cameron Munster (groin, Round 5)
  • Nelson Asofa-Solomona (hamstring, Round 5)
  • Sua Faalogo (ankle, Round 5-6)

Newcastle Knights

• Greg Marzhew (wrist, Round 7)

North Queensland Cowboys

• Heilum Luki (ankle, Round 9)
  • Jamayne Taunoa-Brown (Achilles, mid-season)
  • Coen Hess (knee, next season)

Parramatta Eels

• Bailey Simonsson (concussion, Round 4)
  • Maika Sivo (suspended, Round 4)
  • Matt Doorey (facial fracture, Round 10)
  • Arthur Miller-Stephen (knee, 2025)

Penrith Panthers

• James Fisher-Harris (shoulder, TBC)

South Sydney Rabbitohs

• Jai Arrow (shoulder, TBC)
  • Campbell Graham (sternum, Round 20-22)

St George Illawarra Dragons

• Jaydn Su'A (quad, TBC)
  • Jacob Liddle (concussion, Round 4)
  • Francis Molo (suspended, Round 4)
  • Hame Sele (hamstring, TBC)
  • Corey Allan (knee, 2025 season)

Sydney Roosters

• Lindsay Collins (calf, TBC)
  • Sam Walker (head knock, TBC)
  • Luke Keary (concussion, TBC)
  • Spencer Leniu (suspended, Round 10)

Warriors

• Taine Tuaupiki (head knock, TBC)
  • Dylan Walker (ankle, TBC)
  • Wayde Egan (elbow, Round 4)
  • Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad (hamstring, Round 4-5)
  • Marata Niukore (foot, TBC)
  • Demitric Sifakula (knee, indefinite)

Wests Tigers

• Latu Fainu (hamstring, Round 4)
  • Solomone Saukuru (shoulder, Round 4)
  • Josh Feledy (shoulder, Round 4)
  • Sione Fainu (foot, Round 5)
  • Star To'a (ankle, Round 11)
  • Adam Doueihi (knee, Round 17*)
Edited by Graham

Moylan should have stayed with the Sharks. Hynes and Trindall ain't combining at all.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Breaking - Mitchell Moses has a fracture and will miss half the season while Nathan Cleary has a groin strain and will be out for a month. 

Sorry link's are beyond me on a mobile phone 🫣

George Orwell

Disgruntled Dragons star Zac Lomax will depart the club at the end of the season after being granted an early release from his contract believed to be worth up to $800,000 a year.

The Dragons on Tuesday released a statement confirming the club had reached an agreement with Lomax and his management. The outside back’s contracted years for 2025 and 2026 will be terminated with no financial contribution from the club for those years.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/breaking-st-george-illawarra-dragons-confirm-zac-lomax-will-depart-club-at-end-of-the-season/news-story/1cde64f8b0b8b34f4dcf31bb4fbdda33

Hard to say on this one. I wouldn't pay him $800K but he is a 75% goal kicker so some club might need that. That's slightly better than Gutherson and slightly worse than Garrick so pretty good.

7 hours ago, Farmduck said:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/breaking-st-george-illawarra-dragons-confirm-zac-lomax-will-depart-club-at-end-of-the-season/news-story/1cde64f8b0b8b34f4dcf31bb4fbdda33

Hard to say on this one. I wouldn't pay him $800K but he is a 75% goal kicker so some club might need that. That's slightly better than Gutherson and slightly worse than Garrick so pretty good.

Think it’s the best move for both parties. Dragons free up salary cap (I agree he doesn’t justify that level) but I also think Lomax career has stalled and this could be what he needs to kick on to potentially representative honours. Got all the potential 

He’s not worth what the Dragons are paying him , he’s not as good - or consistently good - as maybe he thinks or should be by now . So I think cutting and running at the end of the season is best . I also think the whole wing thing is a smokescreen and he just wanted a reason to go

Edited by DavidM

Broncos named 6ft 8 ins and 268lbs ‘ Big Ben’ Te Kura to make his debut off the bench on Thursday night in Melbourne. He will be up against Big Nelson in the opposition, the second tallest player in the NRL (quite a shorty at 5cms less) who is tied for height, if not weight, by Dom Young.

2 hours ago, Spotty Herbert said:

Big Nelson's been named for the Bears NSW Cup team.

Problem at the Storm between Nelson and Bellamy. According to reports Nelson was overweight and told to shed some kilos and has not responded quickly enough.

Hence his absence from the starting squad.

12 hours ago, George Watt said:

Problem at the Storm between Nelson and Bellamy. According to reports Nelson was overweight and told to shed some kilos and has not responded quickly enough.

Hence his absence from the starting squad.

Nelson will have struggled with weight due to the injury. As big and good as NAS is he needs to prove his fitness and resolve to Bellyache. Craig wants the best from Nelson who will surely soon be back in the first team bursting to prove his worth.