Training 2night

troutmaster

Well,Its good to be back at the Zebra stadium for the training with the boys.I have to say it was a sombre atmosphere at the beginning with a few lads coming out with their shoulders down to their *****,but with only 15 fit players out on the grass i could understand why,Jonty came out with his face beaming and that certainly put the fizz into the lads.I was expecting a bit of a let down but suddenly the lads got back into the groove and things became a lot better,phil then took control and in his usual manner the heat became a lot hotter but,you make a mistake,you pay for it,i personally like phil,he is a bloody good coach,but has he once said to me,you cannot train donkeys to be race horses but you can still get the message to a donkey,but some of them are thicker than donkeys and you still cannot get the message to them,I ###### myself on hearing it from phil, and in his true aussie vocabulary.On the injured list we had latu fafita adorned with his fancy headgear which i was admiraly told,it increases the lungs capacity so helps with the fitness and a quicker return to playing,i will take his word for it,onto big kurt horton who was going through his repetions and, then joined the lads for the real stuff.I noticed big brett philips has joined the injured list and was told brett should have had treament a few weeks ago,but knowing brett he would play on regardless, and now the problem has come to light that he has the old injury with his cartlidge swimming round his knee,lets hope he gets it seen to soon and come back like the real brett philips.Well,thats about all fella's,its good to be back on the hallowed turf of the Derwent park,i cannot get away with the zebra stadium but do not mind their money,so roll on thursday and hope we can get a couple of big rough and tough young guns from anywhere to help the pack along,oh,it was good to see young Callum back in full training,welcome back callum,you would be in my starting 13 every bloody week.

Agree with you about Callum - every bloody week! I will actually be glad to see Fifita & Horton back as well as Matty (&Ostrum hopefully). Could give Akehurst a slot on the bench as its a bit of a lottery at the moment.

How many of the Wigan boys actually make it up for training sessions midweek Trouty?

good to hear from you wonderofwood,the Wigan boys do not come on a tuesday.It is normally now on saturdays only, but on some rare occasions they venture up on thursdays,but we always wait for Wane to withdraw a couple,he says we can have 5 but he waits to see who has a bad game and changes his mind and we are now only having 3,in my opinion i would have none,but with only having a small squad we have got to have them.

What makes you say this Trouty?  I'm not being facetious but I don't see any evidence of it ,so I was wondering what you see that I don't.

If you ever get the chance to pop down to a training session you will see what i mean,phil is a man that will speak to you and will tell you that at times he gets things wrong,but 99% of the time its down to the players who either do not understand what he wants them to do,or DO NOT listen.I can understand your reasoning but has he once told me,you can teach some people some of the time,but there are people who you just cannot teach any of the time,and unfortunately,there are some people in our team that you just cannot teach anytime,and that is the bosse's dilemna,but i still rate the fella highly homeandawayer.

having been down to training once or twice recently,i must say that Phil and Jonty do a great job unfortunately for them the effort and enthusiasm they put in at training to get the team performing as a team,is wasted when they come to match day.At Dewsbury we scored in the first five minutes and you should have seen the way the lads gelled as a unit playing for each other ,but it seems that if they go behind early their heads drop consentration and confidence goes and everything they have been coached goes out the window. Phil and Jonty are top rate i have no doubts,we need the team to smarten up on the field a bit of guille determination and togetherness.if we can get that into the team and abit of size in the forwards we can improve what has so far been a dissapointing season,but i believe all is not lost its not beyond us to snatch a win and when that day comes i will be shouting for my team on the popular side!

I'd tend to agree . We don't know what the coach tries to instil . I'm sure he says all the things we say till he's blue in the face and attempts to work on structures and plans to do the job . But he can only work with what he has , and when they cross that white line its up to those 17 blokes . Phil's room for manoeuvre is limited , and some of our basic errors and deficiencies would give most coaches fits .

I'd tend to agree . We don't know what the coach tries to instil . I'm sure he says all the things we say till he's blue in the face and attempts to work on structures and plans to do the job . But he can only work with what he has , and when they cross that white line its up to those 17 blokes . Phil's room for manoeuvre is limited , and some of our basic errors and deficiencies would give most coaches fits .

Not as limited as last year I'm afraid - if the wigan lads are only showing face on a Saturday that in itself should lean on ending this agreement of DR ASAP

Hi townie,It is has the wigan games fall that decides when the players are at derwent park.The only exception is young doran but i have heard that tierney has been watched by a couple of SL clubs,so we are always looking to see what wigan offer the club,i also think,but am not sure that players will be with us on thursday with us being at home.Its difficult to work out when and who is coming and going with wigan,they offer 5 players then withdrawing a couple on say saturday leaving the club like last week without a recognised hooker,hampshire was going to play hooker but once again wane held him back and he never played for us,why you ask,ask wane he seems to enjoy doing it to our club.

Maybe we told him he was gonna play hooker ! Rather strange

it still baffles me why we had Sam on the bench. Surely the logical thing would have been tierney to half back, forester on the wing and Doran as replacement hooker. Looking from the outside that seemed the obvious play. And Hampshire at hooker????? Shocking.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Is Dan Rooney back in training , he runs aggressively and tackles well wherever he's used. The less people who miss tackles the better.

dan won't play again this year mate. But knowing us we'd play him at full back, because it seems he'll get shoved anywhere rather than at centre where he was looking the part for us.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Archived