Breaking......Hornets - no change at top?

glemiln

Its out of our hands after losing  to Keighley.I think  the damage was done during the season.Newcastle and Oldham at home.Lions away.Those results have come back to bite us.The 10 match ban for Tony Suffolk robbed us of a really key player.

I expect it will be discussed after our last 2 games.

Its out of our hands after losing  to Keighley.I think  the damage was done during the season.Newcastle and Oldham at home.Lions away.Those results have come back to bite us.The 10 match ban for Tony Suffolk robbed us of a really key player.

I expect it will be discussed after our last 2 games.

Yeah, let's blame the coach for that ten match ban. He must have some of the blame for Crooky missing those two kicks as well.

Yeah, let's blame the coach for that ten match ban. He must have some of the blame for Crooky missing those two kicks as well.

Yes, he's blameless for those moments, and your baiting comment has reeled me in which I'll be unapologetic for. I'm biting.

I can't believe some people still hark back to a victory in the playoffs two years ago as a reason to keep a coach and render him blameless. We've gone nowhere since that day, we don't play expansive, exciting rugby, we just play five drives and then one of two options: a poor kick (as we don't have a great in-game kicker, no one can convince me Crook can dictate a game with his in-field kicking), or a clueless flail around in front of the posts that ends in a handover. Sunday was a prime example of that, the amount of times we couldn't come up with anything to break what was essentially a 12 man defence for most of the game was agonising to watch. You could see how frustrated Bloomfield was getting with never getting near the ball when he was facing Handforth. If our coach is sat watching the game unfold from the stands, how was this info not relayed to the players? I don't believe that if that info got to the team on the field then they wouldn't have the nouse to give it at least one go.

We are good defensively, for the most part, and dire going forward when up against a top team (battering one of the southern teams doesn't count). I want to see an exciting team going forward, a team not afraid to play a form of expansive attacking rugby and come up with the odd error because of it (I'm not saying we'd be Leigh, but look how Oldham played against us at Whitebank). In my opinion, our current coach holds us back and makes us overly cautious with no free spirit, and doesn't appear to have many ideas in the attacking third. I will inevitably get shouted down for suggesting that a coach who once got us promoted should go, but I can't see any way forward with him at the helm. It needs to be an open debate that we have, having gone nowhere for two seasons but backwards - I can't believe anyone would be happy watching another season like this, but I'm happy to be convinced otherwise.

And I still haven't forgiven him for the game he coached us earlier this season (from the stands) wearing a Saints jacket ;)

Beetle bum

I agre with everything you say. Everyone sat near me on Sunday could see that hand forth was our b the wing in defence due to his leg injury. A coach of any standing should have seen that and got his instruction through to attack that weakness. But no we did not do it.

In reply to my statement that Matt Calland would be a better coach. Mayfield are top of the division that is one below Hornets in division one. Oh and by the way what chance did he blow at Hornets. He was never the me in charge. We have had three years of the current coach and we are still playing the same predictable ###### rugby. Time for a change me thinks. No doubt Tyrone Shoelace will not agree with me. What's new.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Beetle bum

I agre with everything you say. Everyone sat near me on Sunday could see that hand forth was our b the wing in defence due to his leg injury. A coach of any standing should have seen that and got his instruction through to attack that weakness. But no we did not do it.

In reply to my statement that Matt Calland would be a better coach. Mayfield are top of the division that is one below Hornets in division one. Oh and by the way what chance did he blow at Hornets. He was never the man in charge. We have had three years of the current coach and I we are still playing the same predictable ###### rugby. Time for a change me thinks. No doubt Tyrone Shoelace will not agree with me. What's new.

Beetle bum

I agre with everything you say. Everyone sat near me on Sunday could see that hand forth was out on the wing in defence due to his leg injury. A coach of any standing should have seen that and got his instruction through to attack that weakness. But no we did not do it.

In reply to my statement that Matt Calland would be a better coach. Mayfield are top of the division that is one below Hornets in division one. Oh and by the way what chance did he blow at Hornets. He was never the man in charge. We have had three years of the current coach and I we are still playing the same predictable ###### rugby. Time for a change me thinks. No doubt Tyrone Shoelace will not agree with me. What's new.

The game's all about opinions Doug. You've got yours and I've got mine. At the risk of sounding like an echo why is it that nobody in the pro game sees it the same way ? I don't think Mayfield made many friends with their approach in the " friendly " against Hornets at the beginning of the season. I've heard it said that " That's the last time we'll play them, we won't risk any other players being out with a broken jaw before the season starts ".

The game's all about opinions Doug. You've got yours and I've got mine. At the risk of sounding like an echo why is it that nobody in the pro game sees it the same way ? I don't think Mayfield made many friends with their approach in the " friendly " against Hornets at the beginning of the season. I've heard it said that " That's the last time we'll play them, we won't risk any other players being out with a broken jaw before the season starts ".

Pathetic bordering on the embarrassing, so who was supposed to have said that then?

I've heard it said.... dear me, or is it just fictitious spin that you excel at.

Hope the squad builder secures someone like say Dallimore because for my money we have been bossed in the half backs all season, in every other position we match the best.How many times have our 6 + 7 made a clean break against the top 8 sides, not many.I thought Sheridan could have been the answer with his of the cuff rugby which in games like Sundays is whats needed.

It's not in fighting, it's just saying what a number of fans who I sit with are saying. It's true that we have not got the best 6 and 7 in the league. We have been bossed by a number of teams who have better players in those positions.

What I would give for a Handforth or Dalimore in our team.

I think the management team know this. The scrum half has done OK and Crooky is good enough against the lesser teams at out half and good enough against the better teams at hooker. The problem has been out half against the better teams.

I'm led to believe ( dare I say this ? ) that attempts were made to rectify this situation but we drew a blank.

We can only sign the players we can afford. If you want to do something about it contribute more to the club.

Hope the squad builder secures someone like say Dallimore because for my money we have been bossed in the half backs all season, in every other position we match the best.How many times have our 6 + 7 made a clean break against the top 8 sides, not many.I thought Sheridan could have been the answer with his of the cuff rugby which in games like Sundays is whats needed.

I hope we make Lewis Sheridan a good offer,he is sheer entertainment, and so is his brother Declan.

They should be the number one target.

Dallimore would be very good.

Sheridan seemed to be settling in well before his is return to Mayfield and I believe was talented and versatile enough to play across the backs.  And what about Mignacca?  He came on board highly recommended by Ryan Millard, played only a handful of games, was injured(?) and was sent to Oxford in June (not Coventry!).  Seems pointless to bring someone from Oz to play for another outfit!   It seems Ryan Smith has featured well this season and perhaps another season will help with the experience needed for the pivotal halfack role. 

Hopefully, we will add an experienced, exciting, fast and creative playmaker for next season with more than adequate cover options.

I agree with the comments regarding the strangled style of rugby, very simple and predictable. I do wonder at times who actually trains with who. Are the saints lads drafted in, training with hornets or saints? Cos surely if there not training with hornets then they won't be fully aufet with the plays. Yeah they will know how to run the simple 1's and 2's but they can't get to know what each player can do and is likely to without running through a 100 times.

The whole drafting of another teams players in can only deminish team morale as well, sure it may bring up the average in terms of ability but i think it's more important to have a tight small squad than a big squad of talented strangers. The dual reg has benefitted both clubs but I'd like to see hornets try and go it alone, would that mean the end of IT as coach?

'We can only sign the players we can afford. If you want to do something about it contribute more to the club.'

And we have Hornets board bingo!

It's such a ridiculous thing to say and is indicative of all that's wrong at the club in my eyes at the moment. Because you can't afford to buy a new half back or coach or find enough time to be on the 'board' you can't have an opinion on where you think the team could do better. You just end up being shouted down by the righteous few who can give the time or the money. It's pathetic. It's meant to be a co-op, we're all meant to have an equal say but it's plainly obvious that we don't.

Do you think the members of the board (not sure if you are one Shoelaces, so not aimed directly at you) of non co-op teams respond to their fans like that when they are critical of the club? I don't think they do. Let's have a more intelligent discussion rather than falling back on the old 'put up or shut up' adage.

A number of people, as Big Doug says, are dissatisfied with how we've performed for the last couple of seasons. Yes, people might be doing their best, and that's admirable, but if their best isn't good enough for he club then it's time to say 'thanks for the memories' and give someone else a go.

Common sense would say that with so many different posters criticising Hornets style of play and lack of creativity from such a small number of Hornets fans then there HAS to be some failing from the coaching staff, its not rocket science - fans pay their money and are entitled to their opinion, the club should listen otherwise more fans from this select band will drop off as a few more have that I have spoken to recently.

What do you want to be left with the board sat clapping painful rugby in an empty stand?

This is the least interested I have been in watching Hornets ever purely down to the fact its boring to watch. 

I agree with the comments regarding the strangled style of rugby, very simple and predictable. I do wonder at times who actually trains with who. Are the saints lads drafted in, training with hornets or saints? Cos surely if there not training with hornets then they won't be fully aufet with the plays. Yeah they will know how to run the simple 1's and 2's but they can't get to know what each player can do and is likely to without running through a 100 times.

The whole drafting of another teams players in can only deminish team morale as well, sure it may bring up the average in terms of ability but i think it's more important to have a tight small squad than a big squad of talented strangers. The dual reg has benefitted both clubs but I'd like to see hornets try and go it alone, would that mean the end of IT as coach?

AFAIK, the only dual reg player to have played with us in the last month is Matt Fozzard. The other 16 on matchday have all been 'ours'.

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

'We can only sign the players we can afford. If you want to do something about it contribute more to the club.'

And we have Hornets board bingo!

It's such a ridiculous thing to say and is indicative of all that's wrong at the club in my eyes at the moment. Because you can't afford to buy a new half back or coach or find enough time to be on the 'board' you can't have an opinion on where you think the team could do better. You just end up being shouted down by the righteous few who can give the time or the money. It's pathetic. It's meant to be a co-op, we're all meant to have an equal say but it's plainly obvious that we don't.

Do you think the members of the board (not sure if you are one Shoelaces, so not aimed directly at you) of non co-op teams respond to their fans like that when they are critical of the club? I don't think they do. Let's have a more intelligent discussion rather than falling back on the old 'put up or shut up' adage.

A number of people, as Big Doug says, are dissatisfied with how we've performed for the last couple of seasons. Yes, people might be doing their best, and that's admirable, but if their best isn't good enough for he club then it's time to say 'thanks for the memories' and give someone else a go.

Have you got a ." someone else " in mind ?

Archived