Super League logo question

How come on the trophy and on TV high lights they show the old original super league logo, but on the website its the new looking 'S'

I know this may seem trivial but it should be updated (By the way I much prefer the original super league logo)

Seems a bit odd to change your logo if it is on the trophy!

well then why would you change the logo on the website?... I just feel its a little bit lazy to change one thing but not the other. And besides the NRL has done it and kept it up too date

Does seem a bit odd that the SL logo on the first utility lock-up logo is different to what we've had previously. Can't recall anyone ever announcing a rebrand of SL.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see the previous branding back whenever the next sponsor is announced. Think someone just dropped the ball on this occassion. Unless there has been a rebrand and i missed it.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

They've made variations on it from time to time - the Tetley's one where they wacked the word "Rugby" in the S was the first to deviate away from exactly what's on the trophy (see http://img4.wikia.no...League_logo.png ) and the one we currently have is just an evolution of that. You can see they are all based on the trophy and it hasn't deviated massively from that so I don't think it's a huge problem really 

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

OK, Gav, But isn't that draped across the actual trophy. You've sorta won.

Haha, don't make me find those fancy colourful ribbons! ;)

To be fair the sponsors logo only appears on the underside of the Superleague trophy, so you only see it when the winning captain lifts it at Old Trafford.

Its odd that they changed the 'S' this year though. 

I might be in a minority but I quite like the minimal design of the Superleague trophy!

Haha, don't make me find those fancy colourful ribbons! ;)

To be fair the sponsors logo only appears on the underside of the Superleague trophy, so you only see it when the winning captain lifts it at Old Trafford.

Its odd that they changed the 'S' this year though. 

I might be in a minority but I quite like the minimal design of the Superleague trophy!

I hadn't noticed that small detail. I agree with you on the minimalist design.

Archived