Fev v Town

Terry Mac

I think you should be proud of your lads efforts today with only 16 named on the team sheet, and i don't think all subs came on.

Also was told by one player that 2 of the team had just finished a night shift and got straight on team bus. A great effort !

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was interesting to read sammuts interview in rugby league world. Clearly saying at town it has reignited his love for the game. Enjoying his footy just like he was when he was a kid. Saying he can express himself at town. All positive.

However he does go on to say he wants to play at the top of the game, including one day going back to the nrl.

Whatever path he choses, its been a pleasure to watch such a talent. Never mind playing in a town shirt.

I don't think he's up to that standard, that's a huge step up. He's been at lower level super league sides and kept out by the likes of Jacob Miller, who lets be honest is pretty bad.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Well he's certainly not missing the message from townies on his Twitter ! Very funny , but he's playing a pretty straight bat . Ambition is great but you have to be realistic . He'd be in these set ups already if they wanted him

if he doesn't sign for town it will be for a super league club. He won't sign for a team on a level pegging. And if your paying big wages for Sykes (more fool you) then can you believe you can sign 2 on mega wages for our types of club. Sammut is ten times the player of Sykes.

I don't think anybody's comparing Sammut & Sykes,are they?

if he doesn't sign for town it will be for a super league club. He won't sign for a team on a level pegging. And if your paying big wages for Sykes (more fool you) then can you believe you can sign 2 on mega wages for our types of club. Sammut is ten times the player of Sykes.

No one compared them, nor said we were paying Sykes a big wage.

No one compared them, nor said we were paying Sykes a big wage.

it was said that you weren't supposed to be able to afford Sykes, meaning that he was an expensive signing. And let's be honest you'll be paying him a fair old whack. It was suggested if you could afford Sykes then you could possibly afford sammut, I was saying sammut was a lot better(understatement of the year) because if you did have 1 big signing in you it should be him over Sykes every time.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

I reckon we've got Sykes for a lot less than people think. He's from Dewsbury, perhaps was getting released from Fev, and Rams coming in from him offers him competitive rugby at his hometown club. In the past he probably was too expensive, things have changed since then, were a better side, he's older and is no longer playing SL.

Listen we all know Sammut is too good for Champ rugby, and if there's even a sniff we can get him I'd throw everything at him. Let's just wait and see, also I have wondered who played half back before Sammut. I hope your creativity wasn't reliant on that Doran, he is over weight, and simply a load of rubbish.

I reckon we've got Sykes for a lot less than people think. He's from Dewsbury, perhaps was getting released from Fev, and Rams coming in from him offers him competitive rugby at his hometown club. In the past he probably was too expensive, things have changed since then, were a better side, he's older and is no longer playing SL.

Listen we all know Sammut is too good for Champ rugby, and if there's even a sniff we can get him I'd throw everything at him. Let's just wait and see, also I have wondered who played half back before Sammut. I hope your creativity wasn't reliant on that Doran, he is over weight, and simply a load of rubbish.

The last halfback we had before Sammut was GED Byrne!

Archived