Fev v Town

Terry Mac

I think this game will bring down the curtain on our season. A depleted squad through injuries, holidays and a wedding, against a Fev side who we have not beaten this season can surely only mean one thing.

Saying that, what have we to lose? May as well give it our best shot. And fringe players can stake a claim for next season. Hopefully it won't be the last time we see Sammut in a Town jersey either.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this game will bring down the curtain on our season. A depleted squad through injuries, holidays and a wedding, against a Fev side who we have not beaten this season can surely only mean one thing.

Saying that, what have we to lose? May as well give it our best shot. And fringe players can stake a claim for next season. Hopefully it won't be the last time we see Sammut in a Town jersey either.

well get beat and by 20-30 points unfortunately, and in all honesty I couldn't give 2 hoots, great 2nd half to the season again, and optimistic about next year. Re sammut, I think you'll get to see him in blue and white plenty more times

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

well get beat and by 20-30 points unfortunately, and in all honesty I couldn't give 2 hoots, great 2nd half to the season again, and optimistic about next year. Re sammut, I think you'll get to see him in blue and white plenty more times

That would be brilliant news, I only hope your'e right (unless of course it is for another outfit that wear Blue and White?)

I'm really not sure about not giving two hoots to be honest . We said the same last year in the same situation, and now here we are again . This , whatever it's meaning , is a realistic chance of silverware , money and exposure on telly , which in turn is an attractive enticement to potential recruits . This is a foursome that's not intimidating - we've heard what other fans have said of them , and up to strength is within our compass.

We've achieved our big goal but when you're in it you do get a bit greedy for more , and should be ambitious for more . It's a bit frustrating , and doesn't give the best perception , outside or inside , with PV striving to get us here . It's a done deal now , and we don't know the details or full story , but I'm sure we'll give it our best .

But beyond that , we want to be a progressive club , so hopefully we strive to get here again and do so at full strength to get full rewards for it , as we can't carry on just being content to be involved after surviving

Hope the lads do well but the odds are stacked against them. They have a well earned rest comung after this one. Our aim this season ( given a much lower budget than other clubs) has already been achieved and after looking borderline at one point of the season we got where we wanted to be. Safe. UTT

I'm really not sure about not giving two hoots to be honest . We said the same last year in the same situation, and now here we are again . This , whatever it's meaning , is a realistic chance of silverware , money and exposure on telly , which in turn is an attractive enticement to potential recruits . This is a foursome that's not intimidating - we've heard what other fans have said of them , and up to strength is within our compass.

We've achieved our big goal but when you're in it you do get a bit greedy for more , and should be ambitious for more . It's a bit frustrating , and doesn't give the best perception , outside or inside , with PV striving to get us here . It's a done deal now , and we don't know the details or full story , but I'm sure we'll give it our best .

But beyond that , we want to be a progressive club , so hopefully we strive to get here again and do so at full strength to get full rewards for it , as we can't carry on just being content to be involved after surviving

It is easy to look upon Fev as dominant after their recent history but believe me and you are quite correct DavidM there is nothing between any of the teams in this bottom section. Fev are at a crossroads and need considerable rebuilding. I think it will be a tight semi final even taking into account your absentees (Fev fan)

Graham you might have it easier against Fev you've beat us twice at Post office Road......that's assuming Dewsbury get to the final of course.

If graham is right it's only 10k for winning the final anyway Phil it probably won't cover our travel and accommodation costs lol. So let London and worky fight it out in the final lol.

Good point Phil,we've beaten London 4 times this season including pre season friendly but that counts for nothing this sunday.

Very true graham. I think it's wide open who wins it. Anyone of the 4 teams on their day can beat each other. I've just got a feeling London will find some form and win this. Don't know why I think that it's just a gut feeling I've got. Between us and your team graham we've played London 7 times and beat them 6 so my theory doesn't add up really but it's just a gut feeling I've got.

Very true graham. I think it's wide open who wins it. Anyone of the 4 teams on their day can beat each other. I've just got a feeling London will find some form and win this. Don't know why I think that it's just a gut feeling I've got. Between us and your team graham we've played London 7 times and beat them 6 so my theory doesn't add up really but it's just a gut feeling I've got.

yep gaz I've got the same feeling, well we'll find out Sunday I guess.

Good job this isn't the Batley forum guys ... You'd be getting the ' can't you do this on your own forums' hissy fit !! We like wide ranging debate here

We're all in it together David us champ clubs stick together because we don't exist to the higher echelons of the game and never will do. Even Leigh have started to look down on us mere mortals now too lol.Batley fans are one of the best set of fans in RL and I have always had a soft spot for Batley. I think with you being in the dogfight and maybe gloating may of made some Batley fans uptight lol.

Unfortunately with Town down to the bare bones Even the most optimistic Townies will probably go with Fev.

Rumour is the 4 subs are David M, Keith T, bomber is god and unicorn 106 for his kicking ability.

Unfortunately with Town down to the bare bones Even the most optimistic Townies will probably go with Fev.

Rumour is the 4 subs are David M, Keith T, bomber is god and unicorn 106 for his kicking ability.

That's us stuffed then terry. I've heard Keith is the mastermind and architect. David is the playmaker and bomber is God is the powerful prop lol. Summut won't get a look in I bet he's in the reserves this week with those above being fit and available lol.

if only there was a reserves

That's the problem when your working on a shoe string budget to be fair. I think maybe a joint reserves team with haven and barrow might be a great thing for Cumbrian rugby as I'm sure those loads of un noticed talent in the amateur game in your area. If the hulls can work together I'm sure you 2/3 can. I would be surprised if we have a reserves next season to be honest as it only serves to feed the SL clubs because if you do happen to find talent the SL clubs take them off your hands.To be fair I never saw what hardhaker as become coming but it just shows what the top clubs can do with potential I guess.

Or a joint reserves team with Wigan ....

You want to keep well away from a link up/DR with a SL club they don't care about anything than themselves as hunslet/Leeds DR will show this season. Because If Leeds cared ( maybe cared is a too strong word but you know what I mean) about hunslet I'm sure they would of sent them good players to help them stay up but they didn't.I just wish the link ups would work but on what I've seen they don't.

Archived