why not France v png test series

I have to be honest, France involvement in this years euro seems a wasted opp to tour png.

Given png has no tests and have a brand new national stadium France should have toured with a test v Samoa also included. Likes of Samoa, Fiji, France and png should have had series.

The euros is much is the same.

As I wrote in a previous thread why not have promotion/relegation in the 4 Nations and play every 2 years? Eng, NZ, Aus and Samoa in group A, Fiji, France, Tonga and PNG in group 2 and so on with every national team involved. 1 up/1down system means it won't stagnate by playing same teams constantly.

The plan was for France to tour NZ and England to play the Aussies, Austtalia dropped out of any international games so England got NZ and France got the euros

Exactly.

I'd rather play PNG than Fiji/Samoa. At least PNG are producing their players. 

I have to be honest, France involvement in this years euro seems a wasted opp to tour png.

Given png has no tests and have a brand new national stadium France should have toured with a test v Samoa also included. Likes of Samoa, Fiji, France and png should have had series.

The euros is much is the same.

The tour would lose a lot of money.

Who would bankroll the financial loss?

Sorry Sports, I was posting at the same time Snap.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

For financial reasons there cannot be a possibility that Australia, NZ or England be relegated (however unlikely that is).

Really? Why?

Australia take a year off every now and again. England player a European Cup competition the year before the WC. New Zealand took a year off also IIRC.

I think it would be a MAJOR story for rugby league of one of the big guns were knocked off by a lower nation. It would certainly boost that nation.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

I've said for years we should have a Tri Nations (with the top three from the WC, giving a reason for a third place play off), followed by a Five Nations (with the winners of the Euro/Pacific Cups joining). World Cup Qualifiers for the rest.

The year before the WC, tours and other competitions arranged so the Aussies can have their pamper break (Federation Shield for example).

It's consistent, there's variety, and everyone knows where they're heading then.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Really? Why?

Australia take a year off every now and again. England player a European Cup competition the year before the WC. New Zealand took a year off also IIRC.

I think it would be a MAJOR story for rugby league of one of the big guns were knocked off by a lower nation. It would certainly boost that nation.

I doubt the Kiwis take a self imposed break from internationals. They need the money.

rldfsignature.jpg

Archived