Who do WE want in part2

troutmaster

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've got sammutt and hitchcox to add to your team, just haven't announced yet my guess sammutt will be announced Dec 1st

hitchcox hasn't signed yet, he's close but not a done deal yet. I think verlinden is sorted though

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

That's 3 very good players if you get fifita fit it'll be like a new signing too.

rumour he's been given a time frame to prove his fitness, otherwise he won't play for town next year

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

John Todd is the prop from Ellenborough I think.

Also heard Haven are checking up on Elbra's Kevin Hoban, but could all be the usual rumours doing the rounds - although I did hear that John Todd has signed on the dotted line

Is John any relation to Bobby?  :biggrin:

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

I'm excited by names like Sammut , Hitchcox , verlinden , Barlow ... But I need to see them signed , sealed and pictured in our new strip to fully let rip . There's always a potential reason

why things aren't announced , and a potential glitch. So all this craic keeps us going , but roll on the day when we have a quality handful of new players in the bag and delivered to the door . How we go next season is all determined on what happens next

He can be as fit as he wants, doesn't make him a good player

And how do you know that Town Army?   He came to us late on and very unfit and picked up another injury that required an operation and long rehabilitation.    We haven't seen what he could be capable of when fully fit so I suggest we give the lad a chance first of all before we slag him off.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

It's good that we are showing interest in some good seasond pro's who will improve our squad, but I would like to think we are still in the market for any tallented locals out there. We have done well in recruiting some top local talent in the last few years, but hearing that haven are signing players from our neck of the woods is a bit concerning. I don't know how good they are but I can't see them getting much game time.

Archived