Dual Reg

Super League clubs cant see it because they are only interested in their own gain, its a selfish self cantered approach which is at best economical for them.

This is why England RL as a national team has to have every SL club supporting them. As long as SL is its own organisation the game will die a slow death, it wont be in my lifetime but numbers will dwindle continuing in the way we are.

It all seems doom and gloom and this conversation started about Duel Reg but all parties, community included, need to realise that the game has multiple issues. Then where we create solutions we cause problems in other sectors.

I think the only solution is to bring in one body to run all, and you can pick any SL chairman to do that so long that they have the game at the heart and not just their own team. Once you have that then i believe people will sit up and listen and the reform of the game in the UK will come, but i wont hold my breath so let the disagreement's continue 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super League clubs cant see it because they are only interested in their own gain, its a selfish self cantered approach which is at best economical for them. 

This is why England RL as a national team has to have every SL club supporting them. As long as SL is its own organisation the game will die a slow death, it wont be in my lifetime but numbers will dwindle continuing in the way we are.

It all seems doom and gloom and this conversation started about Duel Reg but all parties, community included, need to realise that the game has multiple issues. Then where we create solutions we cause problems in other sectors.

I think the only solution is to bring in one body to run all, and you can pick any SL chairman to do that so long that they have the game at the heart and not just their own team. Once you have that then i believe people will sit up and listen and the reform of the game in the UK will come, but i wont hold my breath so let the disagreement's continue 

I cannot disagree with anything you say, and we do just seem to go round in circles

This is correct the Hull FC Chairman and Coach went to print saying the merger of the academies was too reduce costs, they were sick of paying for players who will never make the grade and also said there were not enough quality players in the game. No mention of the harm to the amateur game funny this year Cottingham, Skirlaugh, Wyke and West Hull are not having an Under 17s all ran under 16s only 3 under 17s up to now this coming season, East Hull, Lambwath and Myton, will these last the season? also the SL Clubs are being short sighted no players no game.

The issue is the RFL do not admit there are any issues until they do nothing will change

It does sound like Doom and Gloom but I think more frustration with the way the game is going despite the up beat talk from the RFL, there appears plenty of good advice on here from all parties, we know it is read does anybody use the advice? possibly not

Can only agree

I don't get why U17 and U18 are still separate age groups in Yorkshire. I know the problems run deeper (almost entirely due to scholarship raiding clubs) but a merger of age groups would be a common sense way to at least provide some youth rugby league

This is why England RL as a national team has to have every SL club supporting them. As long as SL is its own organisation the game will die a slow death, it wont be in my lifetime but numbers will dwindle continuing in the way we are.

It all seems doom and gloom and this conversation started about Duel Reg but all parties, community included, need to realise that the game has multiple issues. Then where we create solutions we cause problems in other sectors.

I think the only solution is to bring in one body to run all, and you can pick any SL chairman to do that so long that they have the game at the heart and not just their own team. Once you have that then i believe people will sit up and listen and the reform of the game in the UK will come, but i wont hold my breath so let the disagreement's continue

Yeah totally agree. The clubs should have a say but the RFL need to take lead of SL and all aspects of the game. Only thing is I don't think we have the right people in place at the RFL to effect and manage that

Apparently the Cumbria Men's League knocked back DR at Mondays meeting as the clubs wanted time to discus the mater back at the clubs with the coaches, the poor old rfl rep wont be getting any pats on the back from the puppet masters at red hall this month,

They will come back with more ###### after they have a brain storming session at the ivory towers of red hall, then they will send out there knights in shining amour to spread the word across the leagues, and with one wave of her magical wand KB will have everyone singing of the rfl hymn sheet to get all the leagues to accept DR, 

Apparently the Cumbria Men's League knocked back DR at Mondays meeting as the clubs wanted time to discus the mater back at the clubs with the coaches, the poor old rfl rep wont be getting any pats on the back from the puppet masters at red hall this month,

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

The CML meeting if I remember rightly discussed it and Seaton, Ellbra, Barrow Island and Wath Brow expressed there views against the system. Walney were in favour, Maryport expressed no opinion and Glasson, Distington, Ulverston and Hensingham wanted more information or to discuss further. Roose were absent from the meeting

The CML meeting if I remember rightly discussed it and Seaton, Ellbra, Barrow Island and Wath Brow expressed there views against the system. Walney were in favour, Maryport expressed no opinion and Glasson, Distington, Ulverston and Hensingham wanted more information or to discuss further. Roose were absent from the meeting

Have Ellenborough and Hensingham stepped up?

Thanks for that gillmeister, I cant understand any club wanting DR, the clubs that are in favour of DB mustn't have any youth players coming through to the open age or have a youth section, it surprises me that Walney are in favour of it especially when they have a descent youth section, Distington haven't got  a youth section and im not sure if  Glasson have one,

Ellbra and Hensingham have stepped up into the CML to make 11 teams.

On another note the league have had 10k funding off BARLA over the last few years towards running costs and BARLA now want all of the money repaid even though it was a no strings attached deal

Ellbra and Hensingham have stepped up into the CML to make 11 teams.On another note the league have had 10k funding off BARLA over the last few years towards running costs and BARLA now want all of the money repaid even though it was a no strings attached deal

Thats ridiculous,what reasons have they gave for wanting money repaid,they were happy to be involved in the league after it's inception proclaiming it as a BARLA success story.

On another note the league have had 10k funding off BARLA over the last few years towards running costs and BARLA now want all of the money repaid even though it was a no strings attached deal

Both clubs will make a good addition, hopefully the Cumberland League will get enough sides to have a decent season?

On what grounds ?

Barla funding was stopped and the Rfl offered funding to the league which has now become an Rfl league

Barla have now said that if that happened there was a clause meaning barla would be repaid all monies even though the blokes who brokered the deal say there was nothing even put in writing it was a no stipulation grant brokered by Roger Fagge

I was part of all the conversations and there were no caveats put into the deal, it was a basic support and sponsor deal to put BARLA in the lime light...Simple as

BARLA board once again deluded and showing that the management in place of the organisation is not fit for purpose.

I simply fail to see what BARLA offer anymore they are a throw back of a bygone age with no vision, no leadership and not a clue what it means to support and retain your membership. I just hope the people that vote can now see what damage has been done and rectify it before they loose everything tied up there.

This would not of happened with me FACT!!!

As the saying goes, I think its time for a change!

I was part of all the conversations and there were no caveats put into the deal, it was a basic support and sponsor deal to put BARLA in the lime light...Simple as

BARLA board once again deluded and showing that the management in place of the organisation is not fit for purpose.

I simply fail to see what BARLA offer anymore they are a throw back of a bygone age with no vision, no leadership and not a clue what it means to support and retain your membership. I just hope the people that vote can now see what damage has been done and rectify it before they loose everything tied up there.

This would not of happened with me FACT!!!

As the saying goes, I think its time for a change!

BARLA need to be disbanded and a new British Community Rugby League Association set up that represents all leagues in all parts of the country, open age and junior. Whether the NCL should be part of it or separate I don't know, but the organisation should be happy to modernise whenever it's in the clubs' interest and prioritise playing leagues over anachronistic district leagues.

You'd be my choice of chair and I expect most other people's.

Back to the original thread it seems the NCL management cant take a NO vote, on their website it states they are setting up sub committee to look into other ways of getting those dual reg players into the NCL.

Just typical going against the members views, they do annoy and frustrate me, I think the game needs a breath of fresh air and a big broom taking to it

Trevor did say on the night that this is what they would do as they do fear the Pro clubs will set something up to counter the communities decision to reject DR.

The problem stems from Pro clubs not running reserves. When that was in place DR was sort of taking place whereby players attached to pro clubs who signed on Terms & Conditions were free to sign on at community clubs no problem

The inference is that setting up the reserves again would take players out of the community game.

Im not sure that's the case. It's not like loads of players came into the community game when reserve rugby was stopped. So long as the pro clubs don't contract players just for reserve rugby sign up on T&C like before that may be a compromise

Back to the original thread it seems the NCL management cant take a NO vote, on their website it states they are setting up sub committee to look into other ways of getting those dual reg players into the NCL.

First time I've read this thread and I'm surprised it's taken so long for someone to make this point. I've read Trevor Hunt's reaction on the NCL website and that's even more surprising. Surely in his position he should be setting an example and supporting the democratic process. The votes have been cast and counted and surely that should be that? For those on the wrong side of this vote remember, the next time the democratic process is flouted it may be to your club's detriment.

Archived