Rule Changes For The New Season

Disappointed to see that they haven't scrapped the rule that punishes the perfect kick where a player just needs a foot out of play to class the ball dead.

Rather than having the defender to think on his feet & get his team out of trouble with the on rushing attackers.

It's not the perfect kick if that happens!

Only because of the rule change.

For the previous 100 years stopping it a milmeter from the dead ball line was a damn fine skill to have

If you can stop it a millimetre away then you should be able to stop it a stride away? Just sayin....

If you can stop it a millimetre away then you should be able to stop it a stride away? Just sayin....

The stride is if different lengths fit different players. It's also very confusing for fans as sometimes the ball hasn't stopped rolling, sometimes it is about to, sometimes it bobbles. It also slows play down instead of encouraging it to continue. It's just a messy and unnecessary rule. It should never have been introduced.
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Wasn't it the case, many years back, that the loose forward didn't have to pack down in the scrum? I'm also wondering if the 40/20 rule signifies the beginning of the end for the 'scrum'.

Seems to be only the attacking team that can do this under the experimental rule, which potentially makes the scrum more interesting. The only point to keeping the scrum in the current game is that you briefly have a 7v7 attack instead of 13v13. I don't think I saw anyone do something good with that in the whole of 2015. Maybe 8v7 will be more interesting

Seems to be only the attacking team that can do this under the experimental rule, which potentially makes the scrum more interesting. The only point to keeping the scrum in the current game is that you briefly have a 7v7 attack instead of 13v13. I don't think I saw anyone do something good with that in the whole of 2015. Maybe 8v7 will be more interesting

Hardly fair though is it.

Archived