Challenge Cup - 5th Round Draw

Dave Naylor

The draw for the fifth round of the Challenge Cup is tomorrow night.  The teams in that draw shall be:

Oldham, Featherstone, Lock Lane, Batley, Dewsbury, Sheffield, Toulouse, York, Rochdale, Halifax, Leigh, Hunslet, Widnes, Salford, Hull KR, Wakefield

There's a balance between progression in the competition and sharing a split gate away at a well supported club.  Hopefully somebody else will have to deal with the amateur team, I quite like a bit of atmosphere on a Sunday afternoon.  At certain times yesterday you could hear Adam Clay's shiny new boots squeaking.

• The devil in me wants Toulouse away.  Just because that's an adventure to be had.
  • One of the super league clubs or Leigh away would be financially beneficial.  
  • Rochdale at home would be a good derby.  
  • Sheffield at home might be good, a chance to say hello to Adam, David and George and knock them out of the cup at the same time, Swinton nearly did.
  • I'd like to avoid Dewsbury because they'll feel they owe us one and Batley because they're happy daft at the moment.

You never know, get a good draw this next round, win and get another decent winnable draw in the one after and we're in the quarter-finals!

The draw for the fifth round of the Challenge Cup is tomorrow night.  The teams in that draw shall be:

Oldham, Featherstone, Lock Lane, Batley, Dewsbury, Sheffield, Toulouse, York, Rochdale, Halifax, Leigh, Hunslet, Widnes, Salford, Hull KR, Wakefield

There's a balance between progression in the competition and sharing a split gate away at a well supported club.  Hopefully somebody else will have to deal with the amateur team, I quite like a bit of atmosphere on a Sunday afternoon.  At certain times yesterday you could hear Adam Clay's shiny new boots squeaking.

• The devil in me wants Toulouse away.  Just because that's an adventure to be had.
  • One of the super league clubs or Leigh away would be financially beneficial.  
  • Rochdale at home would be a good derby.  
  • Sheffield at home might be good, a chance to say hello to Adam, David and George and knock them out of the cup at the same time, Swinton nearly did.
  • I'd like to avoid Dewsbury because they'll feel they owe us one and Batley because they're happy daft at the moment.

You never know, get a good draw this next round, win and get another decent winnable draw in the one after and we're in the quarter-finals!

Will anyone be able to see or even hear the draw or will it be in the back room of a small pub somewhere with nobody wahtsoever watching or listening to it AGAIN    ?????

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

A split gate for a home Lock Lane tie would cost the club money I reckon.  Also, over 1700 people watched the Fev Lions v Lock Lane match at the weekend while a paltry 385 made the effort to go to Bower Fold.  I accept that the big gate for the amateur teams would have been boosted by the presence of Fev Rovers fans but still, they're on a cup run and Cas to Stalybridge is an easy journey.  We'd stand a serious risk of being outnumbered on the terraces.

It's a tough ask for us to win this competition so the more I think about it, we'd be better off having a pop at a well supported but potentially beatable team away then fingers crossed for a big gun away in the round afterwards.  

The atmosphere on Sunday gone was just dire, really poor.  During one little spell in the second half it was utterly silent.  I don't want to experience that again.

Having said all that.  TOULOUSE! lol

BBC News Channel 6.30pm

I doubt it will be on the BBC news now with todays events.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Fifth round draw numbers:

1. Batley Bulldogs
  2. Dewsbury Rams
  3. Featherstone Rovers
  4. Halifax
  5. Hull Kingston Rovers
  6. Hunslet Hawks
  7. Leigh Centurions
  8. Lock Lane
  9. Oldham
  10. Rochdale Hornets
  11. Salford Red Devils
  12. Sheffield Eagles
  13. Toulouse Olympique XIII
  14. Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
  15. Widnes Vikings
  16. York City Knights

See more at: http://www.rugby-league.com/challengecup/article/33785/super-league-leaders-await-challenge-cup-fate#sthash.KRcsysHZ.dpuf

Fifth round draw numbers:

• Batley Bulldogs
  • Dewsbury Rams
  • Featherstone Rovers
  • Halifax
  • Hull Kingston Rovers
  • Hunslet Hawks
  • Leigh Centurions
  • Lock Lane
  • Oldham
  • Rochdale Hornets
  • Salford Red Devils
  • Sheffield Eagles
  • Toulouse Olympique XIII
  • Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
  • Widnes Vikings
  • York City Knights

See more at: http://www.rugby-league.com/challengecup/article/33785/super-league-leaders-await-challenge-cup-fate#sthash.KRcsysHZ.dpuf

Wonder which 8 balls are currently in fridge and which 8 are on top of the radiator.

Archived