john kear

gittinsfan

Lots of rumours circulating about keegs.

He seemed pretty well grounded but who knows the effect of a media and minor celebrity status.

He is our club captain and thats a gig in itself

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Agree Morley, bit off that is. I think Bradford would be wrong also in considering Diskin as he has a contract to honour. Forget all the talknof no written stuff a shake is a contract and considering that KN was praising Bulls General Manager over the process, they too should honour that appointment. Purely selfishly I would say that the board needs to (probably are) making strenuous overtures to everybody to lay the coaching position to rest and look for some loyalty.

Agree Morley, bit off that is. I think Bradford would be wrong also in considering Diskin as he has a contract to honour. Forget all the talknof no written stuff a shake is a contract and considering that KN was praising Bulls General Manager over the process, they too should honour that appointment. Purely selfishly I would say that the board needs to (probably are) making strenuous overtures to everybody to lay the coaching position to rest and look for some loyalty.

Wouldn't it be much more straightforward if Batley just gave coaches a written contract like all other clubs?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I can never quite work out how these pre contract deals work as obviously you would need permission to talk to a player under contract before the deadline but what happens if that player then goes on and get injured. Fev have similar with one of their players who is off to Humberside and agreed terms for next season and now does not seem to be performing on the field.

Broke his arm early doors but they retained him. Not sure if he plays more reserves grade

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Wouldn't it be much more straightforward if Batley just gave coaches a written contract like all other clubs?

As you know BSJ contracts nowadays are not worth the paper they are written on. I have to say I like the way Kevin Nicholas does business where the handshake and trust in the integrity of the people involved has worked very well at Batley Bulldogs

As you know BSJ contracts nowadays are not worth the paper they are written on. I have to say I like the way Kevin Nicholas does business where the handshake and trust in the integrity of the people involved has worked very well at Batley Bulldogs

A glib statement Greavesy but completely untrue. Ask any solicitor what the value of a proper contract is and I'm sure he would tell you that it can be watertight if written correctly. That costs money, of course.

I still don't understand the value or logic of doing it the "Batley way" other than, frankly, a touch of arrogance; not something that I would associate with your club.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

A glib statement Greavesy but completely untrue. Ask any solicitor what the value of a proper contract is and I'm sure he would tell you that it can be watertight if written correctly. That costs money, of course.

I still don't understand the value or logic of doing it the "Batley way" other than, frankly, a touch of arrogance; not something that I would associate with your club.

Then we will agree to differ on this one BSJ. There is no arrogance at the Batley Bulldogs only a club always striving to improve on and off the field.

Archived