Wigan at home - Again

muddyfunster

This is Kirklees cash strapped council your talking about Mr Kipper

And?

I doubt they could do it in the timeframe you mentioned!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I doubt they could do it in the timeframe you mentioned!

The actual checking of the work and issuing or amending of the safety certificate would take a matter of days, speaking as someone who actually deals with this matter for the 3 clubs in Wakefield District.

The actual checking of the work and issuing or amending of the safety certificate would take a matter of days, speaking as someone who actually deals with this matter for the 3 clubs in Wakefield District.

Think PM's point might be that we are under the jurisdiction of the most ineffective, inept and allegedly corrupt (the Press this week) disorganisation in the country. If it ain.t in Huddersfield it ain't pressing.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Well if it's in the papers it must be true. My apologies.

Well if it's in the papers it must be true. My apologies.

Hopefully you'll prove the cynics wrong.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Hopefully you'll prove the cynics wrong.

You never know. I am a staunch believer in Public Services and perhaps a little over protective. Contrary to what Mr Cameron would have you believe, the Town Hall is not stuffed with bureaucrats and Managers, nor do we all have gold plated pensions.....rant over

At least our ground will be finished unlike your half stand

what makes you think it is half a stand ?..im quite sure it is finished..
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Surely Wakefield District is Wakefield MDC...not Kirklees ?
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Surely Wakefield District is Wakefield MDC...not Kirklees ?

Blimey, you're a smart cookie RPH, I had not thought of that. However, I would expect the inspection regime and certification process to be similar between the two authorities.

Have you seen the terrace at Fev?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

Have you seen the terrace at Fev?

If you are addressing me PM then yes. But to be honest, I think everyone in rugby league should pay tribute to the band of volunteers who against massive constraints acquired and constructed 2 fantastic all seater stands at Post Office Road. I know Paul Coventry and his team begged, borrowed (don't think they stole) materials and labour from all over the country to create these fantastic facilities for the club they love. To focus on the remaining parts of the ground that will be upgraded when finances permit is somewhat disingenuous.

I agree but Kirklees would close their terracing!

I agree but Kirklees would close their terracing!

Why, because a few steps are out of level? They have issued a safety certificate to a stadia where the whole ground is out of level....I'm sure you know the one! ;)

You will be too young to remember when they closed the whole of the Sugar Lane terracing in case it slid down the hill.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

You will be too young to remember when they closed the whole of the Sugar Lane terracing in case it slid down the hill.

There were fifteen of us living in a paper bag in a septic tank!!!!!

We used to have to get up half an hour before we went to bed and clean the paper bag, drink a cup of suphuric acid before we went to t'mill for 26 hours a day AND pay t'mill owner for permission to come to work........

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Why then Mr Kipper are there no crush barriers at Fev? Why did dewsbury waste money having them installed?

There were fifteen of us living in a paper bag in a septic tank!!!!!

We used to have to get up half an hour before we went to bed and clean the paper bag, drink a cup of suphuric acid before we went to t'mill for 26 hours a day AND pay t'mill owner for permission to come to work........

Luxury

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

Archived