Whitehaven Game

andyram

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like Sykes led the team really well. He has been our standout player in recent weeks yet is still carrying an injury. Top man!

Spot on - One of the Wigan speccies last week remarked he was still a top player and a stand out one for the Rams. Let's hope he leads us well up the table.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Very important win that one and well done to the players.

With the demise of the Reserves, GM will no doubt have even more of a job on his hands keeping players happy. But if what is said about Morton is true then that's more Morton's problem than GM's. He's had a few seasons of being first choice and has played well, but defensively his reading could be better and it costs tries.And if he wants to make comments about GM, he should do it behind closed doors.

If our run of fixtures looks tough, so does everyone else's. We have Groat and Muranka back, but still have to say that the continued selection of Hemingway baffles me. He never runs from acting half, his tackling is lightweight and he picks the ball up from the floor and then passes rather than passing from the floor, which gives the opposition an extra fraction of a second to move up. He just makes it easy for the opposition defence.

Perhaps Kipperbang can now enlighten us to the minutes of the Dale Morton

disciplinary meeting and his discussions with other ' Senior Players'?

Surely everone must agree that Morton is Out of Order in refusing to do as

requested by his Employer - ie warm up with the other players and do his duties

as 18th man and part of the 19 man squad named for the game.

Anyone who was present at the Sheffield Game will know why he (and other players)

would receive special attention for their 'performances' in the last 30 minutes.

Perhaps he thinks he is above such focus but on this season's performances

eg London Broncos away, in my opinion, he admittedly along with some others is not.

I do hope that he will now work hard and get back to the player we saw in the 2nd half

of last season. We need everyone to be fit and performing at their best to overcome

the threat of relegation.

Great win and a good  platform to kick on from.... but, lets not paper over the cracks and pretend that all is well in the camp... its clearly not !!!    Now would be a good time to clear the air and get everyone pulling in the right direction! .....  

However, to do this takes strong and confident leadership ....  do we have it?

Great win and a good  platform to kick on from.... but, lets not paper over the cracks and pretend that all is well in the camp... its clearly not !!!    Now would be a good time to clear the air and get everyone pulling in the right direction! .....  

However, to do this takes strong and confident leadership ....  do we have it?

Well we did last season ONO - only some of the players have changed.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Perhaps Kipperbang can now enlighten us to the minutes of the Dale Morton

disciplinary meeting and his discussions with other ' Senior Players'?

Surely everone must agree that Morton is Out of Order in refusing to do as

requested by his Employer - ie warm up with the other players and do his duties

as 18th man and part of the 19 man squad named for the game.

Anyone who was present at the Sheffield Game will know why he (and other players)

would receive special attention for their 'performances' in the last 30 minutes.

Perhaps he thinks he is above such focus but on this season's performances

eg London Broncos away, in my opinion, he admittedly along with some others is not.

I do hope that he will now work hard and get back to the player we saw in the 2nd half

of last season. We need everyone to be fit and performing at their best to overcome

the threat of relegation.

Although I probably fly in the face of popular opinion on here, I personally think DM has been lucky to hang on to the shirt as long as he has. In my opinion he has not improved either defensively or on attack since he arrived - but of course that's just an opinion. What he should now do is learn a lesson from youngsters like Jason Muranka, who over the last few seasons has played and shown great promise, and then been dropped back into the reserves to accommodate more seasoned but sometimes less talented players. He has also been farmed out on loan without complaint and without throwing his toys out of the pram, even when GM has chosen to bring in loan players rather than recall him. In fact the lad has behaved like a model professional. The same could be said of the Delaneys. I hope GM now goes on to reciprocate the loyalty shown by those players. It's up to DM to follow their example and fight for his shirt instead of behaving like a spoiled brat. I also hope that the other players on the naughty step from the Sheffield game take it on the chin and prove they still have the desire to wear the shirt.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived