Whitehaven Game

andyram

Saturday night in Cumbria, not everyone's cup of tea,but hopefully it will be even better coming home with two points.

Any news on returning injured players, Pryce, Groat and Tonks and the rest??

Whitehaven 20 - 22 Rams,attendance 666.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A tough task to get a result in the NW especially on the back of recent performances and results. Time for the coaching staff to show what they are about.

We have to win.

'Haven 18 - 25 Rams

Att: 635

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I hope we have learned something from the Wigan game. We should have taken note how to attack, by copying some of Wigan's ideas. Our defence in the final quarter was as good as anything I've seen for quite a while, but at the start we were cut open so easily and the Warriors knew how to turn defence into attack so quickly; we wish could do the latter.

A win is an absolute must and Whitehaven will have the same thoughts too.

Whitehaven 20-24 Dewsbury

FTS: Teanby

MoM: Crookes

Att: 611

Legs, Dews, Legs.

There was so much to learn from the Wigan game! ... specifically their power tackling, I especially admired  the way they tackle and target the ball, forcing many a spill ..  also their offload game was superb ... I know they are full time and have time to practise the finer arts of the game but ... there are some quick wins to be had from emulating some of their tactics.  

The Wigan game was a hard lesson , but hopefully a lesson that can be best learned by experiencing it at first hand, rather than through theory. 

So we look forward ..... hopefully some of the big lads back in contention .... a few fresh ideas ...  and a win !!! 

Back in the the 19 are Spicer,Tonks,Groat,Hemingway,Uaisele.

Also Muranka keeping his place in the squad.

Good to have them players back.my team would be.

Guzdek

Crookes

Grady

Uaisele

Grant

Sykes

Kain

Groat

Conroy

Adamson

Farrell

Hale

Brown

Subs

Hemingway

Tonks

Muranka

Spicer

I'm more confident with that squad,get our defence right & keep our discipline & we can win this.

Rams by 8

Fts-Grant

Mom-Brown

Att-635

Good luck lads

Groats back this week. Heppy spicer pryce Morton Tonks and Toby adamson not sure when are back

You can forget Morton, he won't play for Morro again after telling him he had no respect for him and that he had lost the dressing room.

You can forget Morton, he won't play for Morro again after telling him he had no respect for him and that he had lost the dressing room.

Maybe just stating the obvious - I suspect he won't be the only one who feels like that. Wonder if he told GM that before or after he was "rested".

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Yep heard about Morton walking out of training. Afew players not happy at minute. A testing time for Morro. Hard to judge in situations like that but afew players seem to be coming out saying they are not happy. Not just Morton. A big few weeks for Glenn

Yep heard about Morton walking out of training. Afew players not happy at minute. A testing time for Morro. Hard to judge in situations like that but afew players seem to be coming out saying they are not happy. Not just Morton. A big few weeks for Glenn

If you lose the players it's only a matter of time before you lose your job.

Our imminent relegation will only speed the process up.

It could go someway to explain why the Rams have underachieved so far this season! 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

What's up with Morton-because he got left out against wigan.some body said it was crazy picking young Donald.

Would he have stopped Charnley going full pelt one against one near the try line.No of course not .

I like morton as a winger,both our wingers at times are left totally alone trying to defend.

I wouldn't have pulled the reserves out-is it lack of players or financial and not enough games.

The rfl needs to make sure it  doesn't happen again.

Obviously things going on that us ordinary bods don't know about.

This next match will show if the players are happy or not-winning pay will help. 

Morton will be off to SL no doubt.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Heard he wants to come futher into heavy woollen valley

Think he would be way down the pecking order - anyway, I thought you already had a winger with the positional sense of David Blunkett.  ;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Think I might be unhappy if I were one of the the coaches  "close knit, all for one and one for all " group of players, and then he went and made it obvious he would prefer to be anywhere but Dewsbury.

George Bernard Shaw.

Think I might be unhappy if I were one of the the coaches  "close knit, all for one and one for all " group of players, and then he went and made it obvious he would prefer to be anywhere but Dewsbury.

Compared with what actually happened (as distinct from the general tittle tattle which was highly inaccurate) that is negative spin of the highest order GOR. Where and when did he say that he would prefer to be anywhere but Dewsbury?

Morton was drinking in the bar before the Wigan game, Morro came in and asked him to help team warm up on pitch.Morton said no and that he had lost all respect for Morro and that he had lost the dressing room. Morro asked Morton to go for a chat but then said " you know what,forget it" and that while he was coach at Dewsbury, Morton would not play again. Ouch

Compared with what actually happened (as distinct from the general tittle tattle which was highly inaccurate) that is negative spin of the highest order GOR. Where and when did he say that he would prefer to be anywhere but Dewsbury?

Well one things for sure BSJ. If a job comes up GM is on the shortlist. It sort of tells us and the players all we need to know.

Archived