A bit of dog and fight

Dave Naylor

Thanks Dave quality as per usual. The Lepori incident seems fairly innocent at first, but as the players seem to be entwined Knowles does a funny roll and when he gets up Lippy seems to put a bit of a knee in,next thing Lippy is throwing them all over. Whatever went on looks to me like Lippy had a bit of a brain explosion but we will see what comes out of it.How the Worrincey knock back was deemed ok is beyond me, the ball travelled 3 metres forward from where he made contact (if the ball is knocked back but then rolls forward it isn't a knock on,but personally I thought it went forward off his hand in the first place). Odd decision to say the least.The ref gave us nothing, Sheffield should have been on a team warning for 3 pens on the run close to their line, seems like their players offended with a couple of punches one on Burke first half then one on Gill by Tyson second half but nothing apart from a ticking off and penalty. Refs have a hell of a job but all we ask for is consistancy.

Thanks Dave quality as per usual. The Lepori incident seems fairly innocent at first, but as the players seem to be entwined Knowles does a funny roll and when he gets up Lippy seems to put a bit of a knee in,next thing Lippy is throwing them all over. Whatever went on looks to me like Lippy had a bit of a brain explosion but we will see what comes out of it.How the Worrincey knock back was deemed ok is beyond me, the ball travelled 3 metres forward from where he made contact (if the ball is knocked back but then rolls forward it isn't a knock on,but personally I thought it went forward off his hand in the first place). Odd decision to say the least.The ref gave us nothing, Sheffield should have been on a team warning for 3 pens on the run close to their line, seems like their players offended with a couple of punches one on Burke first half then one on Gill by Tyson second half but nothing apart from a ticking off and penalty. Refs have a hell of a job but all we ask for is consistancy.

Is it me and my rose tinted glasses but doesn't knowles have his hand in Lippy's face before Lippy starts throwing punches?

Stats

Lepori- 7 tackles. 9 carries for 69m

Clay- 10 tackles. 2 misses. 2 tackle busts. 14 carries for 90m.

Johnson- 14 tackles. 4 misses. 7 carries for 39m. 2 offloads. one clean break.

Gill-12 tackles. 3 misses. 14 carries for 168m. 3 clean breaks. one try assist.

Chisholm- 10 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. 9 carries for 56m

Palfrey- 18 tackles. one miss. 6 carries for 32m.one tackle bust.

Hewitt-10 tackles. one tackle bust. one clean break. 3 carries for 20m

Burke- 22 tackles.  one offload. 7 carries for 37m

Owen- 28 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. one try assist. 6 carries for 37m.

Dickinson- 17 tackles. 5 carries for 39m.

Middlehurst- 35 tackles. 3 misses. two tackle busts. one offload. one try assist. 13 carries for 77m.

Langtree-32 tackles. one miss. 3 offloads. 10 carries for 63m.

Thompson- 28 tackles. 3 misses. 9 carries for 52m

Spencer-24 tackles. 11 carries for 100m.3 offloads. 4 tackle busts. one clean break.

Files- 17 tackles. one miss. 3 carries for 16m.

Blagbrough- 19 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 5 carries for 42m.

Ward- 21 tackles. one miss. one offload. two tackle busts. 9 carries for 85m

Cheers.

The twenty minutes before half time was amazing in terms of possession. We barely competed a set and they seemed to score every other set. We really lost the game there just as much as the red card cost us the game.

Even our prolific players like Langers and Middlehurst had two or three carries at half time because we had so little ball.

Cheers.

The twenty minutes before half time was amazing in terms of possession. We barely competed a set and they seemed to score every other set. We really lost the game there just as much as the red card cost us the game.

Even our prolific players like Langers and Middlehurst had two or three carries at half time because we had so little ball.

Great work mb - what is your method for compiling the stats ?

Watching the video and by myself.

I think what John in oz is asking is do you have all the players listed at the side and the yards, tackles, etc along the top?. Then do you watch the video once for each player ? Thus making at least 17 views? Do watch at normal speed or speeded up? Some undertaking and plenty of commitment.

Can't go giving away trade secrets, i'll get kicked out of the magicians circle ;)

Haha - can't have that !

In Australian Rules Football the amount of statistics would make your eyes water.

If you Google " How are statistics in AFL compiled " you should find " AFL Statistics / Passy's World of Mathematics " - fascinating little video on how a company called Champion Data do their job.

Let's hope for the next three games the stats that keep you really busy are the number of tries ORLFC score.

Archived