WELL DONE JOHN KEAR

graham fisher

Said last year kear was better than morrison

Batley was on the floor and looking at relegation

Signing 3 quality players preseason and having the ability to get £1000 pound performance's out of £100 pound players

Shows the blokes skills as a coach

Well done john and the honour placed on you fully deserved

Shame there ain't an award for poorest coach of the season

Because I know a mantlepiece for that Lil beaut ;)

:)

Well done JK and richly deserved for a great tenure at the Mount

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

As one who regularly called for his head in the 2 seasons following the Grand Final appearance (see that's gone down the swannee like the NRL in the RFL's drive for change, funny how Super League and Ch1 kept theirs!!) I have to offer unreserved congratulations to the man. I think he may have chosen the wrong option in now becoming Director of Rugby at Wakefield, as the game will lose his coaching ability as I don't see him having the same input in that role. Hope he's at The Mount as a spectator when Wakey aren't playing, he'll never go short of a drink!

Congratulations John. This must rank as one of your proudest moments. Considering the budgets you have been working with, you have proved (with the backing and ethos of the Board) that old fashioned values, honest hard work, very shrewd recruitment, and excellent man management can create a team that can successfully overcome the advantages of the funding and 'glamour' of the full time RL environment. You have left our Club with a financial legacy that will be important in the building of Batley Bulldogs on and off the field over the next few years, and looking back at this era with you at the helm, IMO will be one of the most important periods in our history as a Club over the past 40-50 years. Good luck in your next project, you will always be welcome at the Mount.

Great news. Its been a really enjoyable season. Its certainly a luxury to have the team handed over from one coach to another on good terms and off the back of success.

Thanks john

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Archived