I don't know whether it's just me, but to see the decline of a great sportsman who then suffers a public humiliation is tremendously disheartening.

Tiger Woods was an incredible sporting icon and role model, and yet his life now seems to be turning sour rapidly. The mugshot issued by the police appears to show a man who is really down on his luck.

I know some will say he only has himself to blame, which is probably true of course, although he does seem to have suffered some very serious injuries that required a series of complex surgeries.

But when you think back to the young bloke who won his first Masters in 1997, it's hard not to wonder how it's come to this.

This is a man who has struggled recently with major back pain problems, he may have over done his Morphine, or his Voltarol, or combined all.

Anyone on here who has back pain know how difficult it is to manage pain relief.

Prince died after Fentanyl O/D, so give him some slack, USA pharmaceutical availability is not about what you need, as in the UK, but what you can afford. Therefore if you want more, & can afford it, no problem. It's the poor S/S that have debilitating back pain and can't afford even paracetamol that I feel sorry for in the USA

13 hours ago, Martyn Sadler said:

I don't know whether it's just me, but to see the decline of a great sportsman who then suffers a public humiliation is tremendously disheartening.

Tiger Woods was an incredible sporting icon and role model, and yet his life now seems to be turning sour rapidly. The mugshot issued by the police appears to show a man who is really down on his luck.

I know some will say he only has himself to blame, which is probably true of course, although he does seem to have suffered some very serious injuries that required a series of complex surgeries.

But when you think back to the young bloke who won his first Masters in 1997, it's hard not to wonder how it's come to this.

There are a lot of sports people who struggle once their career ends or their abilities are taken from them.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 hours ago, gingerjon said:

There are a lot of sports people who struggle once their career ends or their abilities are taken from them.

Yep. Anyone who has seen Rocky V will testify to that (or those that will admit to it). 

Archived