time to change the jargon

for me I think its time we dropped the descriptions terrorist and terrorism, its too much of a glorified tag for these insane people who see themselves as fighters (another tag that needs to go) - in modern society terror is very much associated with entertainment  such as horror films, theme park rides etc - a much more fitting description by the media is long overdue, something that encompasses perverse cowardly social misfit wouldn't be so much better, maybe they should be known as cowpervs or something similar- as for fighters, child murdering opportunists like brady and Hindley weren't known as terrorists were they?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

for me I think its time we dropped the descriptions terrorist and terrorism, its too much of a glorified tag for these insane people who see themselves as fighters (another tag that needs to go) - in modern society terror is very much associated with entertainment  such as horror films, theme park rides etc - a much more fitting description by the media is long overdue, something that encompasses perverse cowardly social misfit wouldn't be so much better, maybe they should be known as cowpervs or something similar- as for fighters, child murdering opportunists like brady and Hindley weren't known as terrorists were they?

Call them what they are...a death cult!

Trump called them losers , I'd be fine with that. 

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

7 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

A terror attack is designed to cause terror.  I think it's fair that's reported.

We could see less sensationalist reporting though - rather like how the press moved from showing images from videos of hostage killings to showing images of the victims in life and all-but ignoring the details of how they died.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Not sure they are that bothered.  Much like I don't think they are that bothered whether we say ISIS or Daesh.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 minute ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Not sure they are that bothered.  Much like I don't think they are that bothered whether we say ISIS or Daesh.  

Quite. If you're so convinced of the righteousness of your cause that you'll blow yourself up or start a situation where you'll almost certainly be shot, I don't think that you agonise too much about what your enemies decide to call you.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

21 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Quite. If you're so convinced of the righteousness of your cause that you'll blow yourself up or start a situation where you'll almost certainly be shot, I don't think that you agonise too much about what your enemies decide to call you.

Thats why we should just call them what they are: A Sick Degenerate Deranged Death Cult!

Archived