HRH Prince Harry of Wales

9 hours ago, kiyan said:

Finally, he receives no money from the civil list, Prince of Wales pays their bills from the Duchy of Cornwall and he inherited several millions from his mother so is independently secure.

Tell me more about this Duchy of Cornwall?  Sounds wonderful?  What did his Mum do to earn such sums, sounds like she did well for herself?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

My lads mate was a captain in the army. Also described as a "top bloke". He used to coach rugby and did loads for development in Donny....

He can't do it anymore cos he's doing his RMN training and hasn't got the time cos he has to work as a bank nursing assistant to support his family. He wants to work with PTSD...... 

Now, he thinks my republican mutterings are utter blox and often ribs me about it. I would imagine he really supports such a concept of a royal spending some time with league and won't see the irony I do in the above comparison.

He just thinks I'm a (sounds like hillock)

2 hours ago, Tongs ya bas said:

I wouldn't. And you insult the poor gets who derive a paltry and insecure living from this iniquity

Don't talk rubbish!

You know perfectly well that I'm not insulting anyone and you look like a fool by pretending otherwise.

2 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

I'm much happier amongst "reight" folk, regardless of who or what they are.

Royal status means nowt to me. He's lived a very privileged lifestyle and as a result, direct comparisons with  others is rather meaningless.

That rugby league is getting some 'acceptance' by the establishment is a little ironic but welcome.

Yes. We pride ourselves on our inclusivity, but our demographic is quite Narrow . IMHO a bad thing

14 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

Don't talk rubbish!

You know perfectly well that I'm not insulting anyone and you look like a fool by pretending otherwise.

You invoke zero hours contracts in connection of one of the wealthiest most privileged people in the country. He will never know what it is like to live that kind of life, and for him and others in his family to be discontent with their lot is very uncool. 

6 hours ago, Trojan said:

I don't sing Abide With Me, it's a dreadful dirge about death, and I wouldn't be caught dead singing "Land of Soap and Tory"

It was written by a man about to die.  And is more about death having no sting.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

9 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

You invoke zero hours contracts in connection of one of the wealthiest most privileged people in the country. He will never know what it is like to live that kind of life, and for him and others in his family to be discontent with their lot is very uncool. 

The definition of a zero-hours contract, according to the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development, is: "an agreement between two parties that one may be asked to perform work for the other but there is no set minimum number of hours. The contract will provide what pay the individual will get if he or she does work and will deal with the circumstances in which work may be offered (and, possibly, turned down)."

That isn't a million miles away from Harry's situation, given that he is presumably working for his grandmother, regardless of whether he's wealthy or not.

Zero-hours contract are not necessarily taken up only by poorer people, even though many are.

It's annoying when someone like you tries to put words into other people's posts, whether mine or anyone else's, that they actually made no reference to.

As a matter of interest, what persuaded you to choose a moniker that refers to Glasgow gang culture?

2 hours ago, Martyn Sadler said:

The definition of a zero-hours contract, according to the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development, is: "an agreement between two parties that one may be asked to perform work for the other but there is no set minimum number of hours. The contract will provide what pay the individual will get if he or she does work and will deal with the circumstances in which work may be offered (and, possibly, turned down)."

That isn't a million miles away from Harry's situation, given that he is presumably working for his grandmother, regardless of whether he's wealthy or not.

Zero-hours contract are not necessarily taken up only by poorer people, even though many are.

It's annoying when someone like you tries to put words into other people's posts, whether mine or anyone else's, that they actually made no reference to.

As a matter of interest, what persuaded you to choose a moniker that refers to Glasgow gang culture?

So you are equating Harry mountbatten's employment status with the drudgery, uncertainty, poverty and hopelessness of the zero hours contracts that most people are enduring: the kind of people it was perfectly obvious I was referring to. I wasn't 'persuaded', and I don't have to justify my choice of the moniker within the rules. 

Oh go on then since you are interested. I am a former resident of the city: absolutely loved the place even though I lived in one of the most deprived areas of the city. This was because I was deprived at the time. The Calton tongs were the most notorious gangs in the city, although where I lived was the turf of the Maryhill fleet. The real gangs had probably long gone when I lived there although there was still a powerful and violent criminal underclass. Tongs ya bas was the tongs motto, but became a generic phrase to use in all sorts of context. Just a bit of nostalgia remembering a part of my life story I guess, and in no way expressing any endorsement of and allegiance to any defunct Glasgow gang. Young mental fleet ok.

29 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

So you are equating Harry kindergarten's employment status with the drudgery, uncertainty, poverty and hopelessness of the zero hours contracts that most people are enduring: the kind of people it was perfectly obvious I was referring to. I wasn't 'persuaded', and I don't have to justify my choice of the moniker within the rules. 

Oh go on then since you are interested. I am a former resident of the city: absolutely loved the place even though I lived in one of the most deprived areas of the city. This was because I was deprived at the time. The Calton tongs were the most notorious gangs in the city, although where I lived was the turf of the Maryville fleet. The real gangs had probably long gone when I lived there although there was still a powerful and violent criminal underclass. Tongs ya bas was the tongs motto, but became a generic phrase to use in all sorts of context. Just a bit of nostalgia remembering a part of my life story I guess, and in no way expressing any endorsement of and allegiance to any defunct Glasgow gang. Young mental fleet ok.

For the second time, I'm not equating Harry's status with anyone else's. It's you who is doing that.

I would have loved to spend some time living in Glasgow. I think it's one of the most interesting cities in the UK, although at one time it would have been quite dangerous. The history of the Glasgow gangs is a fascinating piece of social history.

I assumed you must have lived there at some point.

I wasn't objecting to your moniker, just wondering why you chose it.

1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

It was written by a man about to die.  And is more about death having no sting.

I know that.  I was brought up a stong Methodist.  Which reminds me, if we must have a hymn how about this:                                   

These things shall be,

A loftier race, than ere the world hath known shall rise

With flame of freedom in their souls

And light of knowledge in their eyes.

It could be written for Rugby League!

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

18 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I know that.  I was brought up a stong Methodist.  Which reminds me, if we must have a hymn how about this:                                   

These things shall be,

A loftier race, than ere the world hath known shall rise

With flame of freedom in their souls

And light of knowledge in their eyes.

It could be written for Rugby League!

How about "I Vow to thee my Country"

Cracking tune :ph34r:

49 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

For the second time, I'm not equating Harry's status with anyone else's. It's you who is doing that.

I would have loved to spend some time living in Glasgow. I think it's one of the most interesting cities in the UK, although at one time it would have been quite dangerous. The history of the Glasgow gangs is a fascinating piece of social history.

I assumed you must have lived there at some point.

I wasn't objecting to your moniker, just wondering why you chose it.

Well ok: so what did you mean? My question is asked entirely fraternally

My life in Glasgow started with me living on the street with winter closing in, then progressed to a rat infested slum inhabited by drunken psychopaths in St George's Cross. I educated myself to A level standard in the Mitchell Library. Some of the scariest pubs I frequented: the Saracen's Head and Mcsorley's Bar, are now trendy. I agree with you about the history of Glasgow gangs, but the later history of the violent criminal culture of the city is also interesting. Both aspects of the city's history are well documented. 

14 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Well ok: so what did you mean? My question is asked entirely fraternally

My life in Glasgow started with me living on the street with winter closing in, then progressed to a rat infested slum inhabited by drunken psychopaths in St George's Cross. I educated myself to A level standard in the Mitchell Library. Some of the scariest pubs I frequented: the Saracen's Head and Mcsorley's Bar, are now trendy. I agree with you about the history of Glasgow gangs, but the later history of the violent criminal culture of the city is also interesting. Both aspects of the city's history are well documented. 

My best man came from Maryhill. I have been to some scary places but mainly the south side and west end. 

I remain a jags fan and get up there whenever I can. Glasgow remains my fav city in the UK.

Still.... rangers ???????

3 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

My best man came from Maryhill. I have been to some scary places but mainly the south side and west end. 

I remain a jags fan and get up there whenever I can. Glasgow remains my fav city in the UK.

Still.... rangers ???????

As I'm sure you are aware, partick thistle don't play partick, but maryhill. I used to love riding on the subway before it was modernised. It was like riding a stage coach in the wild west. The south side is the gorbals at first, then becomes battlefield, pollokshields, shawlands, and colloidal... roughly speaking.  You would walk over Jamaica street bridge and enter another world. 

21 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Firhill.... I've been a member of the supporters club since 1979!!

With them, Barnsley and Fev.... I am the champion of the lost cause??

Aye, the stadium is firhill. I quickly learned that being asked whether you were a rangers or Celtic fan was actually about whether you were a Protestant or catholic, and that replying that you were a thistle fan was prudent. The only overt sectarianism I saw was the orange marches. Very menacing and intimidating

Archived