Workington

AB Knight

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are going by the press Spanish knight we also have Ellis fit but on the bench, i think him and Horne would work well , two classy experienced  players could cause Town a lot of problems , from rags to riches pundits gave us no chance of the play offs well they cant always be right go get em Kights

18 minutes ago, yck2017 said:

If you are going by the press Spanish knight we also have Ellis fit but on the bench, i think him and Horne would work well , two classy experienced  players could cause Town a lot of problems , from rags to riches pundits gave us no chance of the play offs well they cant always be right go get em Kights

It's all down to Fordy and John Flatman who have worked hard to get us where we are but it's not over yet.

1 hour ago, weighman said:

Are you desperate for players ? the 2 players you have for Sunday from Hull KR if it is their 1st games for you they cannot play in the 8's on dual reg .

Mitch Clarke is a good player .

Injuries and marriage,2 things in life that are difficult to avoid.

See you in the eights

Very poor Workington side today, glad I hadn't travelled to see that non-effort, although have to say that's the best first half of controlled rugby the Knights have played in a long time. Well done to all at the club, considering we didn't have a club in December! Brilliant turnaround. 

andypk.gif

Yes, I also expected more from Worky, apart from no.11 they had the smallest pack for them that I can recall. The Knights defended really well but even when Worky pressed they seemed to lack ideas.

Mustn't take anything away from the lads though and even though they lost their way a bit in the third quarter it was still a solid performance, was impressed with the enthusiasm of the two HKR newcomers who ran the ball up well and wish they could stay longer.

Talking of performance, sometimes wish Ash would ease up on his pin ball like runs, it's great that he's with the Knights and often causes havoc in opposition defences but think he could become a much better player with a more relaxed approach . Maybe he's trying to do too much at times? Just a thought.

Great first half from the Knights, but expected more from Workington. Second half was more of a even contest ,but to nil Workington shows how much It means to to the players and it's coaching staff. Can't wait for the super8's especially when Toronto visit us. Great support today and was nice to hear from the young lads behind us getting behind the team today.

7 minutes ago, yck2017 said:

Oh for a prop like Mich Clark on our books stomer of a game for me, first class performance every one  bring on the 8s

Errrr yes the lad had a belter but I think Adam Robinson who is on our books made huge impacts, nice that he had some help out there and both HKR forwards were very strong in attack and defence

andypk.gif

1 hour ago, Peter G. said:

Yes, I also expected more from Worky, apart from no.11 they had the smallest pack for them that I can recall. The Knights defended really well but even when Worky pressed they seemed to lack ideas.

Mustn't take anything away from the lads though and even though they lost their way a bit in the third quarter it was still a solid performance, was impressed with the enthusiasm of the two HKR newcomers who ran the ball up well and wish they could stay longer.

Talking of performance, sometimes wish Ash would ease up on his pin ball like runs, it's great that he's with the Knights and often causes havoc in opposition defences but think he could become a much better player with a more relaxed approach . Maybe he's trying to do too much at times? Just a thought.

Peter

i totally agree, brilliant elusive player but needs to vary his return runs, he's got the pace, power and step to run straight a little more, however I am sure Fordy will be talking and coaching him about decision making, his timing of chiming into the line in attack and is safety under the high ball makes him a quality FB. 

andypk.gif

1 hour ago, ANDYPK said:

Peter

i totally agree, brilliant elusive player but needs to vary his return runs, he's got the pace, power and step to run straight a little more, however I am sure Fordy will be talking and coaching him about decision making, his timing of chiming into the line in attack and is safety under the high ball makes him a quality FB. 

He reminds me of St John.....only bulkier , his howitzer pass when he could have scored himself backs up your comments.

Edited to add , nice to see Greg Minikin at the game today with his pash.

21 hours ago, ANDYPK said:

Errrr yes the lad had a belter but I think Adam Robinson who is on our books made huge impacts, nice that he had some help out there and both HKR forwards were very strong in attack and defence

Not taking anything away from Adam always runs hard and strong, but it just shows what two or three powerful front rower make to a side.    

I was expecting a better showing from Workington. I honestly thought neighbours Egremont put up more of a fight (quite literally!) in the cup game. Can't remember the last time I saw a team put in so little effort. Things like:

-Trying to shield a high bouncing ball over the touchline instead of picking it up. Result - York ball.

-Getting a scrum on 38mins, rather than form the scrum to try and score to get back in the game, they wasted time to get into the changing rooms.

-Starting the 2nd half by catching the ball and putting a foot in touch - absolutely criminal.

-Another scrum, this time York feeding in, while a Workington winger with his back to the game asking the bench how long left (6 minutes)...unsurprisingly, York attacked his wing.

I'd be spitting feathers if I was a Workington fan who'd travelled that distance to see that.

Anyway, good solid performance, great crowd, and Toronto at home to come. Agree on Robson - he was a bit more stinted at Cas on the wing, having to play to a certain structure. At York he has much more freedom, just needs a few tweaks. Adam Robinson ran himself into the ground, I thought Dee went well. Anyone else think Harry Tyson Wilson would be better suited in the forwards...2nd row or loose forward perhaps?

Archived