Workington

AB Knight

Hopefully see Spears and Ellis back to add some experience. I think York will need to play smart, we've become used to fast free flowing rugby with lots of risks which is a joy to watch, but this is one the team need to be prepared to grind out if necessary. Looking at Workingtons results, they score a few but concede a lot as well.

I'm backing a close York win, meaning Newcastle need to win by 20 ish points and Doncaster by 70 ish points, not impossible for either team mind you but you have to fancy York in this final regular round. Really hope to see a big crowd down at BC.

Can anyone confirm if York will definitely play Toronto at home if they do finish 4th? I heard it from a supporter and just took it as fact!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4th placed team will play;

1st, 5th, 7th & 8th @ home and will travel to 2nd, 3rd & 6th.

5th placed team will play;

3rd, 6th & 7th @ home and will travel to 1st, 2nd, 4th & 8th.

6th placed team will play;

1st, 4th & 8th @home and will travel to 2nd, 3rd, 5th & 7th.

I can't go this Sunday, so can someone take a friend or three to make up for my absence please.

Thanks.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

3 hours ago, spanishknight said:

4th place is the best for us, a trip to Barrow, Whitehaven and maybe Keighley, but Toronto at home, yes.

.....and Thunder at home assuming they get 5th , Hunslet still have a chance of making the 8's ( Keighley have 4 sent off against Oxford ) so am expecting/hoping for a close game.

55 minutes ago, paul said:

Wherever we finish the season It is going to difficult to win promotion as we are to many points behind the top 3 teams.

Top five is all that matters after super eights,then it's knockout format after that to decide the final promotion place Paul.

Irrespective of whether we are 4th or 5th starting the next round of fixtures I think we will finish on 28 points if we hold our form, and finish 4th or 5th ........we'd then have to win away in Cumbria twice in the play offs to go up I guess

Archived