your bbc licence money should be refunded

its worse than ppi for mis selling products,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40653861

stars! don't make me laugh, steve wright doing exactly the same show everyday for god knows how long, talent! gary lineker talking pollocks for an hour, in an age where people are just desperate to get on tv for nothing its time to stop ripping us off  bbc and throwing our hard earned at annoying 1 dimensional annoyances like chris evans

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

its worse than ppi for mis selling products,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40653861

stars! don't make me laugh, steve wright doing exactly the same show everyday for god knows how long, talent! gary lineker talking pollocks for an hour, in an age where people are just desperate to get on tv for nothing its time to stop ripping us off  bbc and throwing our hard earned at annoying 1 dimensional annoyances like chris evans

What are the ratings like for Steve Wright in the afternoon?  Or Chris Evans?  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Well, this thread took longer to appear than I expected...

For comparison, the BBC's top earner is on £2.2 million a year, while ITV pay Ant & Dec £10 million up front, as well as several million more via their production companies.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The BBC are underpaying.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 minute ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

The BBC are underpaying.  

But if we can get enough people OUTRAGED! about this, maybe they won't notice the announcement of the new retirement age on the same day.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

30 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

But if we can get enough people OUTRAGED! about this, maybe they won't notice the announcement of the new retirement age on the same day.

I didn't know which thread to start 1st- it was a toss up

35 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

The BBC are underpaying.  

they aren't paying - we are - the pensioners who cant have the luxury of a screen unless they cough up these awful peoples obscene salaries

17 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

they aren't paying - we are - the pensioners who cant have the luxury of a screen unless they cough up these awful peoples obscene salaries

Paul Dacre (£1.6 million per annum) and Rupert Murdoch ($34 million) would be proud of you being so on-message. ;) 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Tongs ya bas said:

as long as they pay their taxes

Gary Barlow's on that list of top earners, so don't hold your breath on that count...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Paul Dacre (£1.6 million per annum) and Rupert Murdoch ($34 million) would be proud of you being so on-message. ;) 

have pensioners been held to ransom by the 2 guys you mention for the luxury of owning a Trinitron without the fear of a criminal conviction? don't talk she height

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

have pensioners been held to ransom by the 2 guys you mention for the luxury of owning a Trinitron without the fear of a criminal conviction? don't talk she height

No, they are too busy holding the government to ransom.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

No, they are too busy holding the government to ransom.

so that's a different crime for another court

4 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Agree with the OP, these chancers are having a laugh. They used to pay Jonathan Ross an arm and a leg as 'they needed to pay for premier presenters' but then he got sacked and incredibly someone else stepped up to the mark - it's almost as if there's a long line of people waiting to jump in their shoes. If Graham Norton (who I don't mind) and co don't like being paid less, then they're perfectly entitled to look elsewhere just like we have to.

I'm not a BBC basher but they should NOT be above questioning where finance is concerned.

Look elsewhere for less money? I recall Robert Peston saying that his move to ITV saw him getting considerably more (about a third more) than the BBC paid. And that's for a financial correspondent with a speech impediment, not a prime time show host with big ratings.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Johnoco said:

What non BBC companies pay is irrelevant. We don't have to pay for them directly or go to jail (buying products advertised on commercial TV is not compulsory.

I'd be happy if we had a radio only licence personally.

It is relevant; they are part of the same market, and competition for talent sets the price. Just like the transfer fees paid these days for Footballers, it tends to spiral in only one direction.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Johnoco said:

What non BBC companies pay is irrelevant. We don't have to pay for them directly or go to jail (buying products advertised on commercial TV is not compulsory.

I'd be happy if we had a radio only licence personally.

best post yet- radio only is fine with me- stick persil adverts between nick Knowles and dads army - who would be bothered?

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

It is relevant; they are part of the same market, and competition for talent sets the price. Just like the transfer fees paid these days for Footballers, it tends to spiral in only one direction.

where is this TALENT? 

what TALENT do they have ?

Just now, graveyard johnny said:

does any one here even like chris evans, Jeremy vine or graham Norton? I don't know anyone who does.

They all get good ratings, so obviously millions are being forced at gunpoint to watch/listen to their shows against their will.

So... if we cut the licence fee, then the BBC couldn't afford all those armed enforcers.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

where is this TALENT? 

what TALENT do they have ?

Getting good viewing/listening numbers. Entertaining and/or informing people who like their work.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Not to mention that half of them moonlight in other roles too. Norton is on TV and Radio. Vanessa Feltz does about 13 different shows a day, they're all at it. I'm glad I aren't an actual DJ, you'd be out of work with all these celebs hogging all the jobs.

Richard madeley= great dj

16 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

It's not relevant. Because of the unique way the BBC is funded, they shouldn't be getting caught up in popularity contests.

Although if they're looking to save few quid, they could sack the elitist and barely listened to Radio 3.

40p a day.

That's what the BBC costs you.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived