2018 Season In's/Out's

NickWeaver

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NickWeaver said:

Craig Hall signs with the leigh Centurions until 2019 must be nice when you can be relegated, dump some players on contracts that you don't want to keep then get a $500k parachute payment.

The contracts become null and void Nick,that's the greatest gripe for players who are part of a relegated super league team,effectively they are made redundant 

3 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

The contracts become null and void Nick,that's the greatest gripe for players who are part of a relegated super league team,effectively they are made redundant 

I know my main gripe is the combination of the contracts being void and the parachute payment. 

Plus he says it's for family reasons so I can't be too mad.

3 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

Yeah i think that the whole contract being void upon relegation is a horrible and needs to be dealt with. It just messes with the players lives to much, have a wage reduction upon relegation clause, some better players might want to insert a buyout clause but i don't see how this benefits the players or the teams trying to get back up.

Good signing for Leigh, going to be a good battle for top 4 next year.

2 minutes ago, NickWeaver said:

There's been a lot of talk online and on radio by RL journos who say they have 

It's news to me Nick unless it's only just come in but if it has I haven't seen or read it anywhere. I certainly can't recall Hull KR reports saying they received  a parachute payment last year. All the talk was about having to make up the shortfall if they wanted to keep a full time team.

rldfsignature.jpg

17 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Yeah i think that the whole contract being void upon relegation is a horrible and needs to be dealt with. It just messes with the players lives to much, have a wage reduction upon relegation clause, some better players might want to insert a buyout clause but i don't see how this benefits the players or the teams trying to get back up.

Good signing for Leigh, going to be a good battle for top 4 next year.

The contract annulment isn't good I agree but not many players end up without a club completely. Most get picked up further down the system and the better ones will either re-sign with the current club or even stay in SL. At the end of the day it's the life of a professional sportsman in a sport with promotion and relegation and they don't go into it blindfold. I expect the same players would want enhanced payments if they won promotion.

rldfsignature.jpg

25 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

The contract annulment isn't good I agree but not many players end up without a club completely. Most get picked up further down the system and the better ones will either re-sign with the current club or even stay in SL. At the end of the day it's the life of a professional sportsman in a sport with promotion and relegation and they don't go into it blindfold. I expect the same players would want enhanced payments if they won promotion.

Looking at football isn't that the normal contract, pay bump upon promotion and cut on relegation?

Contracts aside are any of the signings we made solid kickers? Those 2 point conversions will be key to us winning games next year and not just gravy points on top of our try heap we had in league 1. Sure some games we will likely steamroll but i expect them to be the exception vs. the standard that it was last season.

11 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

You think that the 11 weeks away was a major deciding factor in his decision? Would be away from his family the entire summer basically and you never get that time back with your kids.

Think he just wanted to be part of the better team?

4 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

Think he just wanted to be part of the better team?

lol think so eh?

Toronto was Leigh 2.0 and we won so is Leigh now trying to be Toronto 2.0? I thinks it's just down to people from Northern England being home sick the second they cross the road. 

He was a great player for us and definitely a boost for you guys. We have now only added 1 player to the squad and they said they needed 8-9...a lot of signings coming in soon....hopefully.

To be fair I'm pleased about this signing,he's a proven goal kicker and to take him off the team that will be our rivals next year is a major boost. Oh and krzzy? We aren't all vitamin d deprived,you know what I mean!!!!!

41 minutes ago, ojx said:

Craig Hall is a big loss, best wishes to him. We really need to get some more recruitment done for next season to be competitive with lower SL teams.

Not yet you don't. The idea is to assemble a team that will get you top four and then add some more quality before the 8s to then challenge the lower SL teams.

rldfsignature.jpg

19 hours ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

We aren't all vitamin d deprived,you know what I mean!!!!!

Sure do! 

Some of you take supplements or get hammered in Mallorca every now and then and hit the sunny beach...that's what you mean right?

Archived