New Badge

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, ojx said:

What are the complaints about, I like the new logo. Especially when comparing it to some of the past ones, like this shy naked devil man:

Salfordcityreds.png.1c628faaba1e47598cbcb56a5d1d6d3a.png

The complaints are about almost everything on the logo, I personally think that it is fine others don’t and if you read the information regarding how the various pieces on the logo relate to Salford one should be able to understand how the final design was arrived at.

I would have preferred the devil being on the crest but it wasn’t to be.

The above logo was brought in when Maurice Lindsay wanted every SL team to be in a city,which Salford were and the club came up with this one,without any consultation with the fans I might add and I cannot recall the mass hysteria as this time.

I won’t lose any sleep over it,and who knows it could well be changed again in the future.

I like the tree. It's a genuine symbol for Salford.  Willows are also known as a sallies, hence Sal-ford- the Sallies that grow by the ford. Incidentally, sallies have a lot of catkins in early spring. The catkins are oozing with nectar and pollen, and feed many early insects and birds. Without it, they'd starve. Let's hope the New Salford team can be nourished and flourish!In fact, why not rebrand away from the devils completely, to my mind an uncomfortable image, and become the Salford Willows: a subtle, strong,  valuable, resilient tree that can grow anywhere, quickly. At the very least, the women's team might be the Salford Sallies.

What I like about the new logo:

The Willow Tree in particular, and the rest of the design and thought in all of it, plus the retaining of the Red Devils name, although I would've preferred it more in a different style with quote marks, "Les Diables Rouges" although I appreciate that's a personal preference rather than a marketing win.

What I don't like:

The font for the words, and the size of the trident. It reminds me of minecraft,

Archived