Ncl final 2017

This should be a classic. If the fans of the pro game, had any idea what could be served up , it could be a sell out. Thattos speed, siddals power, Garrod’ can he put on a master class , on what is his last game, the only quality playmaker left, after the great Chris Stevenson retired a couple of years ago. But we won’t see the likes again , because they are not allowed to play, only to the strict game plan. I heard the siddal coach shout to him stick to the game plan Garrod , as he tried a bit of magic, that didn’t come off. Against thatto.

so my prediction. Thattto  to  win first half, and siddal superior fitness   And power to win second , as in the semi. I don’t think that to will be able to replicate the last final between the two, ie take out 2 of siddal best. And get away with it .

S

If the game is anything as good as the game at Chevinedger two weeks ago it will be a blinder.

The two most consistent clubs have got to the final so no complaints there. if I had to go to Ladbrooks my money would be on Siddal.

Lets hope the best team can win on the day with no disputed winners.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Best 2 teams I've seen in the NCL this season

Where is the final played? If pushed I'd go for Siddal but on a big pitch Thatto Heath's speed of ball movement and players may be telling. I was talking to one of their players when they played Egremont and he said that's how they beat them at Thatto Heath earlier in the season.

Should be a cracking game whoever wins

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

1 hour ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Best 2 teams I've seen in the NCL this season

Where is the final played? If pushed I'd go for Siddal but on a big pitch Thatto Heath's speed of ball movement and players may be telling. I was talking to one of their players when they played Egremont and he said that's how they beat them at Thatto Heath earlier in the season.

Should be a cracking game whoever wins

I think the final is being played at Widnes this weekend, Correct me if I am wrong.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Probably played from being 7 or 8 years old so already played 20 years or so. I honestly believe that this is one of the reasons for the decline in our game. Players have had enough when they should be in their prime and that is no disrespect meant to any players. Enjoy your retirement mate.

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:39 PM, Celtic Rooster said:

Does anybody know if there will be a program available to buy on the day or is it going to be on-line like the NCL challenge cup final?

Can anybody help me with this please? I only want to know because if there is no program available on the day I will go and watch non league football instead.

Thanks Barbara. I know it sounds petty but I have been collecting programmes from RL matches I attend since 1971. I understand that clubs and leagues don't make money from programme advertising any more and that they see it as a unnecessary expense, but nothing annoys me more than going to a game and not coming home with a programme. I would rather not go, out of protest, if I know in advance. I will make further enquiries. I "believed" there were going to be programs at Oxford, South Wales, Keighley, York and Swinton games over the last 2 seasons but there weren't. Thanks for making enquiries. I never made it to Oldham St. Annes this season but I will see you next year.

Unfortunately some young Siddal fans attacked a man on their way back to their coach. Some as young as 11/12, how do I know they were from Siddal because they where sat in front of me during the game shouting obscenities. I've had some good times at Chevinedge get them in order now. 

11 minutes ago, Mr Smeaton said:

Unfortunately some young Siddal fans attacked a man on their way back to their coach. Some as young as 11/12, how do I know they were from Siddal because they where sat in front of me during the game shouting obscenities. I've had some good times at Chevinedge get them in order now. 

Not good,Siddal are a top club,I'm sure they will deal with the culprits accordingly .

I heard that some of their players left their medals on the pitch and went in changing rooms instead of watching thatto lift trophy. I know they would have been disappointed, but it’s not like they have never won it. Disrespectful if true.

The ncl grand final was a great fixture and a fitting way to end the ncl summer season. Two very committed teams playing at their best in front of a very appreciative crowd. 

Well done to siddal and Thatto Heath for providing a super final to watch, and well done to all involved in hosting a great game

8 hours ago, muse said:

I heard that some of their players left their medals on the pitch and went in changing rooms instead of watching thatto lift trophy. I know they would have been disappointed, but it’s not like they have never won it. Disrespectful if true.

I was at the game and I couldn't be accurate but it looked like all the Siddal lads stayed out while TH lifted the cup but went in straight after.  I did see about three medal boxes on the pitch when they walked off. One of the trainers ran round and picked them up when they went inside

Archived