2018 ncl

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody know whether or not Underbank Rangers, having won promotion to the Premier Division, will be playing their 2018 home games at Lockwood Park (Huddersfield RU)? I know Rangers had a trial game at LP last summer but I haven't seen any announcements since. Word seems to be The Cross doesn't meet NCL Premier Division "facility criteria". Where will Rangers play Batley Boys in the Challenge Cup first round?

1 hour ago, Hopping Mad said:

Anybody know whether or not Underbank Rangers, having won promotion to the Premier Division, will be playing their 2018 home games at Lockwood Park (Huddersfield RU)? I know Rangers had a trial game at LP last summer but I haven't seen any announcements since. Word seems to be The Cross doesn't meet NCL Premier Division "facility criteria". Where will Rangers play Batley Boys in the Challenge Cup first round?

Didn't know there was a difference between ncl prem facility criteria and the other Ncl divisions. Surely if their facilities were adequate on their initial application to the ncl then their facilities woulld be adequate now that they've climbed the leagues.

Also why would underbank want to switch venue for their challenge cup tie, unless their ground is unavailable to play at.

52 minutes ago, usain bolt said:

Didn't know there was a difference between ncl prem facility criteria and the other Ncl divisions. Surely if their facilities were adequate on their initial application to the ncl then their facilities woulld be adequate now that they've climbed the leagues.

Also why would underbank want to switch venue for their challenge cup tie, unless their ground is unavailable to play at.

Yes, that's exactly what I imagined. But the local newspaper, the Huddersfield Examiner, reported the "facility criteria" problem last summer. It's why Underbank played the trial game (versus Ince Rose Bridge) at Lockwood Park in July. Rangers were quoted, at the time, as saying a switch to Huddersfield RU for 2018 was a possibility.

Underbank have played other Challenge Cup ties at The Cross so, as you say, that shouldn't be a problem.

Ince Rose Bridge did play at the Rugby union club and i have to say that it is a superb set up and one of the most picturesque venues i have visited. I feel sure that the boys from Underbank would much sooner play at their home ground rather than on the road though.

I also thought that NCL minimum ground standards applied to all divisions not just the premier ?

I have just looked at the NCL web site.

It says that the fixtures for 2018 are now out and gives you a link.

I tried it and it does not work. Yet another example of poor administration of the League.

Get it sorted. 

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

20 hours ago, usain bolt said:

If underbank have ground criteria problems I'm sure it's nothing to do with being promoted to the prem. The criteria for being admitted to the ncl is the same for all leagues in the ncl as far as I'm aware. 

Mystery solved. Underbank's president has confirmed Rangers will play the Batley Boys cup tie, and all their 2018 NCL home fixtures, at The Cross. If there was a problem with facilities, clearly it has been dealt with.

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:56 AM, Impartial Observer said:

I looked at them yesterday and again just now, link works perfectly ok. 

There is also a menu bar on the left of the page where you can click to get the fixtures.

I still cannot see the fixtures for 2018 on the National conference web site. Is it just me or are others having a problem ?

Impartial Observer has seen the fixtures but has anyone else managed ?

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

5 hours ago, Big Doug said:

I still cannot see the fixtures for 2018 on the National conference web site. Is it just me or are others having a problem ?

Impartial Observer has seen the fixtures but has anyone else managed ?

Not working for me.

Archived