Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Maximus Decimus

The Culture Wars

And a thousand hot-takes cried out in pain.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

53 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

So, for some completely inexplicable reason Smollett paid a $10,000 fine for a case that was dropped. I assume the Chicago PD will now arrest the 2 Nigerians. If not, why not?

24 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

So, for some completely inexplicable reason Smollett paid a $10,000 fine for a case that was dropped. I assume the Chicago PD will now arrest the 2 Nigerians. If not, why not?

Not a fine... (being pedantic!!), as a fine would concede guilt.

The Cook County State’s Attorney’s office issued a brief statement explaining the decision, and did not say that Smollett had been exonerated. Instead, prosecutors cited Smollett’s volunteer work and said the case had reached an “appropriate” outcome. Smollett will forfeit a $10,000 bond payment, but was not obliged to admit guilt.

But all a bit odd never the less!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 minute ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Not a fine... (being pedantic!!), as a fine would concede guilt.

But all a bit odd never the less!

As Neville Shakespeare said, "A fine by any other name would cost as much."

12 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I don’t want to see anybody talk about white privilege ever again. I’ve said it many times before, the only privilege which exists is democrat (leftist) privilege with white leftist women being the biggest beneficiaries. Absolutely ridiculous outcome considering what this clown did in order to sow further hatred. This will only serve to cause further divide and rightly so. Leftists defying the law and looking out for each other yet there would have been outrage and riots had this been a white male Trump supporter. There’s truly nobody more hypocritical than American leftists. 

Word is that the Obamas influenced this decision. Not surprised really. Corrupt to the core. 

As usual, there is one rule for Democrats and another for everyone else

Cook County State Attorneys Office? It has form as anyone who has seen the Blues Brothers well knows. 

Wadya mean? Its only a film? 

Four legs good - two legs bad

Smollett's lawyers have virtually guaranteed there will be a Federal prosecution"

His attorneys released a statement saying, “Today, all criminal charges against Jussie Smollett were dropped and his record has been wiped clean of the filing of this tragic complaint against him. Jussie was attacked by two people he was unable to identify on January 29th. He was a victim who was vilified and made to appear as a perpetrator as a result of false and inappropriate remarks made to the public causing an inappropriate rush to judgment.”

The statement continued, “Jussie and many others were hurt by these unfair and unwarranted actions. This entire situation is a reminder that there should never be an attempt to prove a case in the court of public opinion. That is wrong. It is a reminder that a victim, in this case Jussie, deserves dignity and respect. Dismissal of charges against the victim in this case was the only just result.”

That bolded part is completely false. Even after every man and his dog thought it was a hoax, police and the media were still reporting it as a straight "victim of hate crime" story.

I personally believe the concept of cultural appropriation is fake nonsense made up by white American liberals to virtue signal to non-whites. White American liberals love nothing more than showing non-whites at how “woke” they are when it comes to minority issues. The white saviour complex is real and it’s in overdrive with white American liberals 

8 minutes ago, Yorkshire Knight said:

Agenda driven fake news by the BBC. Britain’s equivalent of CNN 

So, given I'm an outsider, what is the BBC agenda on this issue?

47 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Ideally, you'd hope that gets accurately filed under 'didn't happen' or 'genuine misunderstanding' very quickly.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

On 3/26/2019 at 5:37 AM, Yorkshire Knight said:

A guy who is painted as racist by left leaning media but have no evidence to support that claim. Left leaning BBC made sure to have him removed from social media in typical leftist authoritarian fashion 

This Tommy Robinson?

tommy-4-1.jpg

tommy1-1.jpg

tommy5-1.jpg

Bxf_u_QCcAAlnVf.jpg

C-5p2hHXgAIz9pS.jpg-large.jpeg

Tommy-Robinson-Comments-07082012.jpg

So the Vice Chancellor of Cambridge has issued a statement about the rescinding of Jordan Peterson's invitation:  https://www.cam.ac.uk/news/rescindment-of-visiting-fellowship-statement-from-vice-chancellor-professor-stephen-j-toope

Here are a couple of highlights:

Early last week, the Faculty became aware of a photograph of Professor Peterson posing with his arm around a man wearing a T-shirt that clearly bore the slogan “I’m a proud Islamophobe”. The casual endorsement by association of this message was thought to be antithetical to the work of a Faculty that prides itself in the advancement of inter-faith understanding.

But then he goes on to say:

Robust debate can scarcely occur, for example, when some members of the community are made to feel personally attacked, not for their ideas but for their very identity.”

So, isn't Islam a set of ideas? It's not an immutable personal characteristic or trait. Where does an identity stop and a set of ideas begin? Can a person avoid criticism of their ideas by simply adopting them as part of their identity?

Another point: If I wore a T-shirt that said ###### Ni****rs and stood next to the Vice Chancellor of Cambridge for a photo, would he have to be fired?

Normally I would expect the obligatory smear piece from the Guardian but this time, even The Times got in on the act:   https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/cambridge-turns-away-alt-right-darling-jordan-peterson-njq6q5h5b

"Alt Right darling?" Here is article from https://alt-right.com/2018/05/12/jordan-peterson-hand-selected-jewish-tv-producer-lead-dissent/

Just a few choice quotes from the article:

Our good friend Jordan Peterson, also known as Hermit the Frog, has come under increasing scrutiny from the alt-right for his maniacal cucking on the Jewish question. Peterson has numerously defended Jewish overrepresentation in power, hypothesizing that the phenomenon comes down to their higher average IQs as opposed to insider nepotism which carries more weight in the alt-right intellectual sphere.

A Reddit user has dug up an excerpt from the foreword of Peterson’s book 12 Rules for Life which relates how a Canadian-Jewish TV producer named Wodek Szemberg hand-selected Peterson to be a “public intellectual.” Wodek, a producer for the popular Canadian public affairs show The Agenda, is said to be “the first to put Peterson in front of a camera” after recognizing his gift of the gab.

While this is not rock-solid proof of an organized Jewish conspiracy to elevate Peterson into his current guru role, it shows that Peterson was groomed by a Jewish television producer to lead public dissent against the radical left… lead it astray into the Jew-friendly dead end of classical liberalism.

17 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

This Tommy Robinson?

tommy1-1.jpg

Here's a famous quote from the Head Mufti of Australia several years ago, after a gang of Muslim men had been convicted for gang rape:

“If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside on the street, or in the garden or in the park, or in the backyard without a cover, and the cats come and eat it… whose fault is it, the cats or the uncovered meat?

“The uncovered meat is the problem. If she was in her room, in her home, in her hijab, no problem would have occurred.”

11 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Here's a famous quote from the Head Mufti of Australia several years ago, after a gang of Muslim men had been convicted for gang rape:

“If you take out uncovered meat and place it outside on the street, or in the garden or in the park, or in the backyard without a cover, and the cats come and eat it… whose fault is it, the cats or the uncovered meat?

“The uncovered meat is the problem. If she was in her room, in her home, in her hijab, no problem would have occurred.”

It's almost as if misogyny cuts across all religions, races, etc, etc.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

14 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

That's just as reprehensible as TR, what's your point?

Or do you agree with Yaxley lennon and the Head Mufti pf Australia that Muslim Men will rape Muslim Women if they don't wear a Burka?

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

That's just as reprehensible as TR, what's your point?

Or do you agree with Yaxley lennon and the Head Mufti pf Australia that Muslim Men will rape Muslim Women if they don't wear a Burka?

Well I think the Head Mufti of Australia probably knows more Muslim men than I do so I'll defer to his expertise on this matter.

8 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Well I think the Head Mufti of Australia probably knows more Muslim men than I do so I'll defer to his expertise on this matter.

Speaks volumes.

out of the Muslim men you know, how many do you think would commit such an act?