Toulouse Game

ojx

1 minute ago, deluded pom? said:

The Wolfpack need to up their discipline. They gave away far too many silly penalties late in the tackle count against Fev. Kman’s favourite player is one of the worst offenders.

Always room to improve....looks like the Leigh game is a barn burner also.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've played all of the top teams away now, so it's looking good for the second half of the season. Next big tests are Toulouse at Magic and Leigh at the Bash. After that smooth sailing in Toronto. Especially once our injured horde start to recover.

42 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

To sum it up; it happens because the refs are human, its part of the game.  It adds to the excitement....and is an indicator of maturity.

Totally agree. The players don’t make the right decisions every time in every game so why would we expect a ref to be faultless?

rldfsignature.jpg

My 2nd comment after an absence for which I can only say I missed being able to participate in the forum. 

In a past life while participating on a team I am reminded of some words of wisdom from my  coach:

Refs determine the outcome of plays, but only we determine the outcome of games.

a sentiment to which I subscribe to this day. 

I find all the ref bashing and attributions that a ref has determined the outcomes of certain games both misguided and detestable. I doubt any coach or player believes that a ref has determined their overall game fate.

I thought Toronto played a very good game particularly in the first half.  I think they would have been more dominant were some key talent not sidelined with injury.  I think the TO coach gave his players a good talking to at the half, and they showed much better in the 2nd half as a result.

I also believe that Toronto is still attempting to determine its starting 13.  They have had a lot of turnover this season, I feel they are actually behind where they started out in L1 in terms of jelling as a team.  When they get 2-3 weeks of being able to play the same squad every game watch out.

I assess that if they can come away from the forthcoming matches with Leigh and TO intact, even if they were to lose both, once they get home they are going to be very difficult to beat most of the time.  Its hard to see them not finishing in the top tier of the table at this point.

How are our lads on dr and loan doing?

Of the 3 players TWP let go I know Bailey landed at Workington - what happened to FFMM and the other guy?  Have Bailey and Penky made any impact at Workington?

1 hour ago, Captain Survival said:

My 2nd comment after an absence for which I can only say I missed being able to participate in the forum. 

In a past life while participating on a team I am reminded of some words of wisdom from my  coach:

Refs determine the outcome of plays, but only we determine the outcome of games.

a sentiment to which I subscribe to this day. 

I find all the ref bashing and attributions that a ref has determined the outcomes of certain games both misguided and detestable. I doubt any coach or player believes that a ref has determined their overall game fate.

I thought Toronto played a very good game particularly in the first half.  I think they would have been more dominant were some key talent not sidelined with injury.  I think the TO coach gave his players a good talking to at the half, and they showed much better in the 2nd half as a result.

I also believe that Toronto is still attempting to determine its starting 13.  They have had a lot of turnover this season, I feel they are actually behind where they started out in L1 in terms of jelling as a team.  When they get 2-3 weeks of being able to play the same squad every game watch out.

I assess that if they can come away from the forthcoming matches with Leigh and TO intact, even if they were to lose both, once they get home they are going to be very difficult to beat most of the time.  Its hard to see them not finishing in the top tier of the table at this point.

How are our lads on dr and loan doing?

Of the 3 players TWP let go I know Bailey landed at Workington - what happened to FFMM and the other guy?  Have Bailey and Penky made any impact at Workington?

Dave Taylor is at Central Queensland in the Queensland Cup. Believe FFMM is playing Union at a low level. He is 37.

Workington fans are not happy with the performance of a number of aging stars they have signed...not sure if that is Bailey and Penkywicz in particular.

Quinn has played twice for Skolars. Burroughs hasn't.

Missed the first 25 minutes, but think I got the best of the game. Thought TWP took their chances, but when TO turned it up in the 2nd half, TWP were hanging on in places. Really enjoyed the game though. Very disappointed we will not be seeing TO in TO this summer.

2 hours ago, Medway Bear said:

Missed the first 25 minutes, but think I got the best of the game. Thought TWP took their chances, but when TO turned it up in the 2nd half, TWP were hanging on in places. Really enjoyed the game though. Very disappointed we will not be seeing TO in TO this summer.

Yes, Toulouse were one of the games I was looking forward to the most, I don't understand the benefit of playing at Magic, I would much rather see the game at Lamport.  Maybe we will get them at home in the 8s.  I'm also annoyed about not having the Halifax game in Toronto, so it can be played in London.

Speaking of Lamport, I went by there last week. It didn't look like much work had started, how confident are the TWP that it will be ready for the Swinton game on May 5?

5 hours ago, dixiedean said:

Dave Taylor is at Central Queensland in the Queensland Cup. Believe FFMM is playing Union at a low level. He is 37.

Workington fans are not happy with the performance of a number of aging stars they have signed...not sure if that is Bailey and Penkywicz in particular.

Thank you Dixie Dean for replying with this info.

I am reading elsewhere that Burroughs has an injury that will take some time for a full recovery which may be why he is still on the sidelines.  I will head over to the skolars forum to see what info I can glean although I had thought they would end up at Bradford originally - TWP are spreading the love around I see....

Whatever those 3 players did it has cost them dearly in the pocketbook. We still have no real info on the transgression but it is sad that it has come to this.  Taylor might be able to rehabilitate - the others are too old - the TWP train this year was their last shot I suspect and they have blown it.

18 hours ago, dixiedean said:

Burroughs had an injury at the WC so maybe he inst match fit yet? i honestly think that Burroughs is ahead of Quinn experience wise so i would think he would playing if he was available.

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 6:59 AM, deluded pom? said:

Expect him to be selected for the England XV soon then.

Only a visa issue is preventing him from being announced at Workington I'm told

Archived