Swinton Game

Krzzystuff

Big big weekend coming up for us and I must say its because of our opponents games vs. our own.

Good to have the boys on Canadian soil but June 9th is the home opener in my eyes. Top vs Bottom isn't very eye catching but Toulouse vs Fev and Leigh vs London means dropped points by our top 4 rivals.

Anyone traveling to the game this weekend?  How excited are you to see the boys in person again and many for the first time? anyone have ambitions of catching a ballistic hot dog this season? I'm planning on bringing my mini-me to a game and i'm expecting that to be a highlight for him.

I'm thinning we win by 30-40 this weekend, I don't think Swinton will travel well.

Haven't posted on here for ages, won't be hitting many games this season as my mobility has become more of an issue these days.  Markham is that bit too far at the moment, but will hopefully be able to get to the London, Leigh & Fev games, perhaps Batley as I've always had a soft spot for them.

I hope Swinton have a good crack and their support have a good reception too from the Toronto faithful.

It will be interesting to see how many choose to head to the Ontario Arrows game at York Uni and if that will have an appreciable effect on the crowd in Markham. 

I think it will be a good crowd, we're bringing 6 with us...all the games will be exciting  as you've probably noticed regardless of standings every team plays out of their skin against the pack

plane is landing at 1430 today - and heading to the reception tomorrow  at 3B to meet them all 

its been a long winter..rock n roll!!!

6 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Toulouse vs Fev and Leigh vs London means dropped points by our top 4 rivals.

So what do you guys prefer?

Wins for Fev and London (with a win for TWP) makes Top 4 pretty much nailed on.

TOXIII and Leigh wins would be better for Top 2....

1 hour ago, dixiedean said:

So what do you guys prefer?

Wins for Fev and London (with a win for TWP) makes Top 4 pretty much nailed on.

TOXIII and Leigh wins would be better for Top 2....

Personally, I'd prefer that London beat Leigh.  Leigh would be more of  threat in the 8s.  

I'm also hoping for a Fev win, they will be weaker in the 8s without DR.

8 hours ago, RobertAM said:

I have been asked to find out if anyone out there know transit options for getting to Fletchers field?

I looked into getting to Fletchers using transit. The nearest bus stop seems to be about a 30 min walk from the field. Google estimated that, using transit, the total trip time from downtown was approximately 3 hours.  This is a trip for the car only, Uber is an option.

Hope that I'm wrong, but I'm predicting the crowd will be way down for this game. The die hards will be there, but the more casual fans, especially those who live downtown, might not fancy making the trek this week.

35 minutes ago, ojx said:

Hope that I'm wrong, but I'm predicting the crowd will be way down for this game. The die hards will be there, but the more casual fans, especially those who live downtown, might not fancy making the trek this week.

I think you are probably correct. There has been more discounting and free tickets for this game than usual, and when we turn up with only a few thousand there will be cries from the heartlands that this means the experiment has failed. Some will conclude we have moved to a smaller stadium because we couldn't sustain things at Lamport. Let's get this one over with and in June show everyone that things continue to grow, with some sell-outs at Lamport!

28 minutes ago, John WP Fan said:

I think you are probably correct. There has been more discounting and free tickets for this game than usual, and when we turn up with only a few thousand there will be cries from the heartlands that this means the experiment has failed. Some will conclude we have moved to a smaller stadium because we couldn't sustain things at Lamport. Let's get this one over with and in June show everyone that things continue to grow, with some sell-outs at Lamport!

Spot on. 

June 9th is the home opener.

First game at Lamport...vs the Broncos who kicked our butts all over the pitch in London...crowd will be larger than half the SL clubs.

i bet we have abt 2700-3000 for this weekend. numbers a lot of teams would love

but return to lamport and multiply by 3   

Game day..weather is fine, beer garden decamped to FF, Pie Commission sausage rolls onsite..

sights like the one in this photo in the works...

ain't life grand?

TWP-Super8-Newcastle-7.jpg

Hope everyone has a good time today, some griping about the state of Fletcher’s online this morning so we’ll see how that pans out.  Lamport needs to get finished ASAP.

Will be watching on telly with a few beers regardless, looking forward to a good match.

30 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

Hope everyone has a good time today, some griping about the state of Fletcher’s online this morning so we’ll see how that pans out.  Lamport needs to get finished ASAP.

Will be watching on telly with a few beers regardless, looking forward to a good match.

Can't say I'm surprised. Will be interesting to see if it is worse then where London or Sheffield play. 

I'm sat in an airport waiting for a delayed flight. Will watch later tonight. 

powerful squad named to take the field today....heading off to 3B soon for a quick pop before the bus ride out to FF. have a good one everybody!!!

Archived