Hemel V Town predictions

town4me

The Truth is just appearing to me through the mists of all this alien invasion from cyberspace! The fugitives aren't merely from an inferior life form but ancient adversaries of the Great Doctor ( no, not Koukash)-------- Davros and Mara !! Just be grateful that the Daleks can't climb stairs!  

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Haven 1 said:

As you said geordie the rfl couldnt get unvolved as it was a friendly  i gave you an email address to pass this supposed evidence on and guess what still nothing as i have stated previously i think you full of s**t as all you sent me was figure you typed out yourself. now me being an inquisative sort of chap went right through the official attendances at haven games for the last 12 months and couldnt find one that matched up to the figures you gave me. The only thing you pmd me that was fact was a name but stating ask him and he will confirm knowing full well i would never email someone asking about weather or not a club had commited fraud and even if i did, do you really think this person would reply to a random stranger with such liabous alegations. same as the supposed players not being paid again malicious lies on your part with absolutly no evidence to back it up. I will state again YOU ARE FULL OF S**T and quite frankly an embarrassment to the genuine rugby fans that grace this forum.

I think you should invest in Spell checker?

5 hours ago, kiln7 said:

well haven1  all haven fans that come on this site come with the same tale we are just rugby fans, when all the time you and the rest are just on here to stir things up

Not here to stir things up at all marra come on here for the crack with a bit of banter thrown in. 

7 hours ago, Haven 1 said:

As you said geordie the rfl couldnt get unvolved as it was a friendly  i gave you an email address to pass this supposed evidence on and guess what still nothing as i have stated previously i think you full of s**t as all you sent me was figure you typed out yourself. now me being an inquisative sort of chap went right through the official attendances at haven games for the last 12 months and couldnt find one that matched up to the figures you gave me. The only thing you pmd me that was fact was a name but stating ask him and he will confirm knowing full well i would never email someone asking about weather or not a club had commited fraud and even if i did, do you really think this person would reply to a random stranger with such liabous alegations. same as the supposed players not being paid again malicious lies on your part with absolutly no evidence to back it up. I will state again YOU ARE FULL OF S**T and quite frankly an embarrassment to the genuine rugby fans that grace this forum.

An email address that took you 2 days to provide and was still hiding behind an alias.

Send me a proper one and I’ll send the proof. And the address it comes from will reveal exactly who I am and how I have proof.

20 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

An email address that took you 2 days to provide and was still hiding behind an alias.

Send me a proper one and I’ll send the proof. And the address it comes from will reveal exactly who I am and how I have proof.

full of it mate dont believe for one minute you would send anything to me email address or not.

8 hours ago, kiln7 said:

going of the thread , our lack of distance from our kick,s out of hand really is annoying to me there where times against oldham when we could and should have been close to there 10 yard line with a good kick, we are taking 2 tackles to get any where near we should be getting with a good kick,when oldham had the same kick after 1 or 2 tackles they where attacking our line.    

Our kicking game has been very consistent over the last several years, consistently rubbish. We haven't had a decent one since holt left, we desperately need a half back who can bring that and also control games, as seen by how many games we lose late on due to poor game management. 

21 minutes ago, dkw said:

Our kicking game has been very consistent over the last several years, consistently rubbish. We haven't had a decent one since holt left, we desperately need a half back who can bring that and also control games, as seen by how many games we lose late on due to poor game management. 

Hard to argue,  (excluding Sammutt ) 

31 minutes ago, dkw said:

Doran always had a good kicking game whenever I watched him at youth level,the better teams seem to have 2 or 3 kicking options which allows more time as the defending team can't key on an individual.

11 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Doran always had a good kicking game whenever I watched him at youth level,the better teams seem to have 2 or 3 kicking options which allows more time as the defending team can't key on an individual.

Doran , in a game against Whitehaven a couple of seasons ago ,kicked them to death.
Since then his kicking has been hot and cold... not knocking him as he has been one of our best players for the past 2 seasons now.

Doran is very hit and miss,  especially kicking near the opposition try line,  it's very rare we find space behind a defence for example, it usually hits one of them.  Forbers is even worse.

21 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

That’s the problem unfortunately. He’s being targeted because everything goes through him alone.

We have a smaller pitch , why don’t we try more 40/20’s . They’re a killer tactic . In fact kicking long and trying to pin an opposition is sometimes a decent tactic coming out of your end . Also our last tackle plays are to often abysmal . How often do we put pressure on the back three or cause major problems like repeat sets .  To me if in doubt just get it bombed as high as you can , all these pointless chips and nothings . Lots of times a winger or fullback is taking it and they’re back on half way on one tackle . A good kicking game controls a game and a bad one can waste a lot of good work. It’s so central now but ours looks rushed and made up as we go. We can talk about passing , ball control and general game management . Basics get you a long way but to often we are frustratingly struggling to get a mastery of them and then you’re making  life very hard 

We definitely need a half back to run the game,  no slight on forber as I like him,  he gives his all and has a great defence.  But we just don't execute Leons game plan, it's no coincidence that the game against the bulls with penky we did it perfectly. We need an experienced half to play alongside doran, that would free him up to take the line on more.

Leon said Oldham looked well drilled . They didn’t do anything out of the box but they did all the fundamentals well over n over again . In our league it will take you a long way 

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

We definitely need a half back to run the game,  no slight on forber as I like him,  he gives his all and has a great defence.  But we just don't execute Leons game plan, it's no coincidence that the game against the bulls with penky we did it perfectly. We need an experienced half to play alongside doran, that would free him up to take the line on more.

Probably why they got Leatherbarra . He did just did the bread n butter stuff for other teams .

No point having a kicking game when you can't play your sets out so that needs fixed first. But yeah it's def something that needs work, when you see that all top tier teams almost always compete for the ball in an attacking position some of our last tackle options are woeful at best. Then on Sunday we did get a repeat set and Tansey stands on half way when they have the wind behind them.......

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Leon said Oldham looked well drilled . They didn’t do anything out of the box but they did all the fundamentals well over n over again . In our league it will take you a long way 

Exactly the same as the Welsh team,  nothing amazing but ran it hard,  ran good angles,  Good kicks and we struggled to beat them. A committed team executing at a high percentage will always have a good chance of winning in rl. 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Leon’s got a big list , we may have to strive to train 8 days a week 

We have to be careful not to go overboard on the negativity here,  we aren't far off and we know this squad can beat any team in this division.  Leon is new to this, he has to find the way to correct the problems and I'm certain he will, while hopefully keeping his frustration in check. He has played under some outstanding coaches and must have picked up some ideas from them.  So,  we are a relatively new squad with a new coach, we must have patience as there will be games like the Oldham one.  The problems will come if them kind of performances become the norm. 

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

We have to be careful not to go overboard on the negativity here,  we aren't far off and we know this squad can beat any team in this division.  Leon is new to this, he has to find the way to correct the problems and I'm certain he will, while hopefully keeping his frustration in check. He has played under some outstanding coaches and must have picked up some ideas from them.  So,  we are a relatively new squad with a new coach, we must have patience as there will be games like the Oldham one.  The problems will come if them kind of performances become the norm. 

Yes well said . We do gallows humour as a norm as town fans but boy when we step back and see where we were ... and where we are with the coach , board and players. It’s ironic that now frustration is from increased optimism and expectation , and that in itself tells you the strides we’ve made in a short time from going nowhere fast   

2 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

No point having a kicking game when you can't play your sets out so that needs fixed first. But yeah it's def something that needs work, when you see that all top tier teams almost always compete for the ball in an attacking position some of our last tackle options are woeful at best. Then on Sunday we did get a repeat set and Tansey stands on half way when they have the wind behind them.......

Agreed.I think we get a little flamboyant throwing the ball about at times in good field position and end up turning  the ball over early in the count. Needs a bit more composure and increased  line pressure by  completing sets. Then a better last play option off the boot.  We need another half. Too much on jamies shoulders  ATM

59 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Leon’s got a big list , we may have to strive to train 8 days a week 

Getting part time players to do extra training whilst in full time employment including shifts can cause stress and strain on physical and mental and partner relation ships which then transfers to worsening performances .

10 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Getting part time players to do extra training whilst in full time employment including shifts can cause stress and strain on physical and mental and partner relation ships which then transfers to worsening performances .

I don't know about that,I would rather do a training session that going shopping with the wife and I'm pushing 50 !!!

1 hour ago, Cato89 said:

Doran , in a game against Whitehaven a couple of seasons ago ,kicked them to death.
Since then his kicking has been hot and cold... not knocking him as he has been one of our best players for the past 2 seasons now.

He can put it on the money on occasion and I rate his kicking out of hand but as has been said teams are on him a lot quicker now. As a team we need an all round better kicking game, I'm always amazed how accurate other teams can be on our pitch. There are aspects of Forbers game I like but his kicking out of hand is not one of them, so frustrating he never seems to improve; I cant think he practices it much; he should just put up bombs and try and avoid just passing it back to the opposition after a set. 

Archived