2019 Squad and signings

jroyales

A pity about losing Reid. Read League Express today and in it Scott Naylor is supposed to be in meeting early this week with the chairman to discuss player contracts and budget. He calls the situation of no signings ridiculous.

Hope we get some good news by the end of the week.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, you can't blame the players leaving, but I can whole heartedly understand what Scott has said. 

Starting recruitment late means you are left with the ones who are first choice and you pay over the odds to get the player you want 

Just seen the League Express piece, seems like Nobby is as unhappy as us at the situation at the club. Now I know Mr H is recovering but he has a duty to at least let the coach know what he can spend. On this occasion ALL the blame lies at the chairman's door, if players leave it is his fault, the coach is blameless. 

Surely knowing his health issues he would have put plans in place for this situation,it appears not.

Not only has he let the fans down with complete lack of info but also the coach and the players ,leaving it so late to get it sorted. I'm sure he is well enough to at least know what finance is available next season and also a call to the coach wouldn't have gone amiss before the ship sinks completely.

Like I say I understand his health problems and wouldn't wish ill health on anyone, but when even the head coach doesn't know whats going on it's surely time for him to realise he simply can't continue like this.

The situation the club is in at this moment is ridiculous, almost makes you wonder if Mr H still has the desire (and health) to go around again.

The volunteers and especially Anne have done brilliantly to hold the ship this season gone, reality is it's Mr H's show still and he is seemingly treating fans,players, volunteers,staff with a serious lack of respect.

I wasn't concerned about lack of signings up to reading the LE piece, now I'm worried about the club overall,never mind anything else.

It's absolutely farcical and it's definitely not on. ?????

35 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

Just seen the League Express piece, seems like Nobby is as unhappy as us at the situation at the club. Now I know Mr H is recovering but he has a duty to at least let the coach know what he can spend. On this occasion ALL the blame lies at the chairman's door, if players leave it is his fault, the coach is blameless. 

Surely knowing his health issues he would have put plans in place for this situation,it appears not.

Not only has he let the fans down with complete lack of info but also the coach and the players ,leaving it so late to get it sorted. I'm sure he is well enough to at least know what finance is available next season and also a call to the coach wouldn't have gone amiss before the ship sinks completely.

Like I say I understand his health problems and wouldn't wish ill health on anyone, but when even the head coach doesn't know whats going on it's surely time for him to realise he simply can't continue like this.

The situation the club is in at this moment is ridiculous, almost makes you wonder if Mr H still has the desire (and health) to go around again.

The volunteers and especially Anne have done brilliantly to hold the ship this season gone, reality is it's Mr H's show still and he is seemingly treating fans,players, volunteers,staff with a serious lack of respect.

I wasn't concerned about lack of signings up to reading the LE piece, now I'm worried about the club overall,never mind anything else.

It's absolutely farcical and it's definitely not on. ?????

Not reet clever is it.

I am led to believe CH's op was far more serious than first thought and it was first hoped that he would be back before the end of the season. I know this doesn't help Scott's situation but does explain why he didn't have plans in place. Let's hope we get some lads signed up quickly. 

I often go for bike rides along the canal tow path. Normally it all goes OK but sometimes I suffer a puncture. I always carry a spare inner tube in my back pack because I'm sensible and I have learned to expect the unexpected.  Hope the chairman is OK though.

Disagree Yed17, he knew he was having major surgery. If the op was bigger than expected then that is an unfortunate aside to that kind of problem which Mr H had.

Plans should have been made in his absence,it's immaterial wether he was back before the end of last season. He knows the score well enough in terms of what needs doing close season, I'm sure he knows what funding etc is in place for next season and a call to the head coach and staff would have been the minimum I would expect so Scott can get on with building a side for next season,surely he can email Nobby the playing budget for 2019.

There has been no statement from the chairman since his op, I find that odd even if it's "I'm doing ok,be back soon" kind of thing. As usual the fans are told absolutely nothing about what's happening.

In case anyone thinks I'm being uncharitable in terms of Mr H's health I'm not, I have asked constantly this season about his progress and been told he was doing ok on every occasion. Some of us even took a card to him wishing him well before he went into hospital. I genuinely hope the man is recovering well from his surgery.

Scott can't work with nothing, we are lucky he hasn't just turned it in because like the players he knows nothing.

Players can't wait for ever for contracts,they will take whatever is available if Oldham don't sort it out very,very soon. Pre season is most likely only 5 weeks or so away and we have NO players signed up.

I know of lifelong home and away fans who are seriously considering no season ticket,pick and choose games etc for next season all because the way the club is/has been run ,finally seems to have come to a head and even the die hards are disillusioned with everything. Lose that hardcore and might as well fold the club.

Health problems or not it is simply unacceptable to leave the club in this state of flux at this time of the year. 

Until the club- i.e. Mr H breaks the silence then speculation abounds. The fans deserve to know if we will even have a club to support next season,the players need to know they have contracts.

The situation at the club has been very poor and widely documented/discussed in the past but this latest installment really is the most disturbing episode of all imho.

The lack of information from the club is astounding, this latest chaos could end the club yet no one knows anything. 

As I say it needs the head honcho to make a statement now to stop the speculation and let everyone know what is happening for next season.

It's a real mess.

25 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

Disagree Yed17, he knew he was having major surgery. If the op was bigger than expected then that is an unfortunate aside to that kind of problem which Mr H had.

Plans should have been made in his absence,it's immaterial wether he was back before the end of last season. He knows the score well enough in terms of what needs doing close season, I'm sure he knows what funding etc is in place for next season and a call to the head coach and staff would have been the minimum I would expect so Scott can get on with building a side for next season,surely he can email Nobby the playing budget for 2019.

There has been no statement from the chairman since his op, I find that odd even if it's "I'm doing ok,be back soon" kind of thing. As usual the fans are told absolutely nothing about what's happening.

In case anyone thinks I'm being uncharitable in terms of Mr H's health I'm not, I have asked constantly this season about his progress and been told he was doing ok on every occasion. Some of us even took a card to him wishing him well before he went into hospital. I genuinely hope the man is recovering well from his surgery.

Scott can't work with nothing, we are lucky he hasn't just turned it in because like the players he knows nothing.

Players can't wait for ever for contracts,they will take whatever is available if Oldham don't sort it out very,very soon. Pre season is most likely only 5 weeks or so away and we have NO players signed up.

I know of lifelong home and away fans who are seriously considering no season ticket,pick and choose games etc for next season all because the way the club is/has been run ,finally seems to have come to a head and even the die hards are disillusioned with everything. Lose that hardcore and might as well fold the club.

Health problems or not it is simply unacceptable to leave the club in this state of flux at this time of the year. 

Until the club- i.e. Mr H breaks the silence then speculation abounds. The fans deserve to know if we will even have a club to support next season,the players need to know they have contracts.

The situation at the club has been very poor and widely documented/discussed in the past but this latest installment really is the most disturbing episode of all imho.

The lack of information from the club is astounding, this latest chaos could end the club yet no one knows anything. 

As I say it needs the head honcho to make a statement now to stop the speculation and let everyone know what is happening for next season.

It's a real mess.

Well i hope someone who has access to CH makes it known to him. I am sure he'll be hanging onto your every word haha. 

As usual, spot on 34. Health issues apart its the same old 'hot potato'........It's HIS club and he will run it exactly as HE sees fit.

Now just a case of fans going through the same pre season mushroom syndrome as past seasons.

2 hours ago, Yed17 said:

I am led to believe CH's op was far more serious than first thought and it was first hoped that he would be back before the end of the season. I know this doesn't help Scott's situation but does explain why he didn't have plans in place. Let's hope we get some lads signed up quickly. 

If he is so ill and unable run the club then pack it all in and let some one else come in and do what's good for the club, but please don't just let orlfc fold, surely his health comes first and let someone take over, that's if there any persons out there, pity we couldn't get koukash, im scared in where the club is going 

It's sad to think that about 3 years ago we were celebrating our promotion,I hadn't seen the fans and club so together for a long time. It now seems that the wheels have well and truly come off. We haven't any new signings that we know of,we haven't heard anything off the chairman ever since his operation. Chris's health is paramount but as fans,surely we deserve to know what's happening with the club we all support.

1 hour ago, roughyed34 said:

Valid question jroyales. I'm guessing the answer to that is also nobody knows.

As I said it's such a bloody shame when you think back a few years. Worried I think the word is. Unfortunately the game itself doesn't seem to be relevant in Oldham anymore let alone the town team.

In 2015 at the start of the season there was issues between the fans and CH, but the success papered over the cracks. 

The cracks have opened wider than I have ever seen, and the silence is making it worse 

The club seems at the moment to be imploding. I have no doubt that at the presentation there will be retaric but until I see something I can hang my hat the level of interest is waning 

6 minutes ago, clifford said:

In 2015 at the start of the season there was issues between the fans and CH, but the success papered over the cracks. 

The cracks have opened wider than I have ever seen, and the silence is making it worse 

The club seems at the moment to be imploding. I have no doubt that at the presentation there will be retaric but until I see something I can hang my hat the level of interest is waning 

The silence is becoming more deafening. Someone needs to do something and quick, we're not a big club by any stretch of the imagination and at this rate we'll be no club.

Archived