Paul Rowley Perrenial Choker

4 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Rugby or Rugby League buttercup?

Ahh..... Hello...anybody home?...RL is new to Canada for anyone who isn't living on Mars.

Thanks for calling me a buttercup...no one has ever called me that before in my entire life  and it touches my feminine side.  Thanks Mable.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Kris said:

I imagine there is a lot of work in London right now to get players on board, frantic almost

Of course there will be, and as I wrote earlier there is plenty competion for new blood from a number of teams, apart from London there is Leeds, HKR, Hull FC, Widnes, Toronto and  Salford, Wigan have lost 3 main player's and Catalan have already purchased and maybe Tolouse if they are serious about promotion, and that is not counting teams who will want to refresh their squads.

And, what about the end of next season, the team who gains promotion will be like London, they will not know they have been successful in being promoted till the last game of the season, it is turning the clock back to system that did not work before.

11 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I agree with alot of what you have said but  not all of it.  This is a good insight though.  Going to be a great Championship next year except some of the lower teams could be facing a weekly drubbing...I can hear the whining already.

K'man have you not considerd that next season the Championship clubs will only be competing against other Championship clubs to gain promotion, under the 8's system the Championship clubs had to produce and source squads capable of taking on the SL clubs in the qualifying section, theoretically the Champ squads do not need to be as strong in a straight promotion battle with their contemporaries in the same division.

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Ahh..... Hello...anybody home?...RL is new to Canada for anyone who isn't living on Mars.

Thanks for calling me a buttercup...no one has ever called me that before in my entire life  and it touches my feminine side.  Thanks Mable.

Rugby League is not new to Canada its about around a few years.  

But much like your team your all talk and have never stepped foot on a Rugby League pitch.

I watched Canada play in Glasgow back in 2014 and chatted with some of your officials at the time.

Are we still peddling the myth that Eric Perez and the Toronto Lie Pack introduced Rugby League to Canada?

Just now, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Rugby League is not new to Canada its about around a few years.  

But much like your team your all talk and have never stepped foot on a Rugby League pitch.

I watched Canada play in Glasgow back in 2014 and chatted with some of your officials at the time.

Are we still peddling the myth that Eric Perez and the Toronto Lie Pack introduced Rugby League to Canada?

Oh quit it...you are making me blush!

23 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

K'man have you not considerd that next season the Championship clubs will only be competing against other Championship clubs to gain promotion, under the 8's system the Championship clubs had to produce and source squads capable of taking on the SL clubs in the qualifying section, theoretically the Champ squads do not need to be as strong in a straight promotion battle with their contemporaries in the same division.

I get that Harry...thats why I said on a previous thread that there probably don't need to be that many changes at TWP.   I say a top quality center and two or three real top flight forwards should be enough to be able to finish off the team for the Championship.

I'm still upset with you for promising Toronto promotion but you can make it up by answering this question.  "What is the salary cap for Championship teams next year...is it still the same as the SL salary cap?"

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

I get that Harry...thats why I said on a previous thread that there probably don't need to be that many changes at TWP.   I say a top quality center and two or three real top flight forwards should be enough to be able to finish off the team for the Championship.

I'm still upset with you for promising Toronto promotion but you can make it up by answering this question.  "What is the salary cap for Championship teams next year...is it still the same as the SL salary cap?"

Kayakman, do you know if its the champs promoted or a top 5 play off? I think it's a play off, and that always raises the issue of clubs beefing up their talent before the play offs..... If that's the case it will be tough as play offs are a lottery. 

For what it's worth a new coach and a new key half back is needed, Drinkwater would be ideal for you . As well as a few new forwards. Not necessarily top names but young hungry players with a desire to play SL. 

For coach, McDermott would be ideal if you can get him! 

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Nothing has been said as far as I am aware re any SC changes in the Champs, fwiw, how could they change it and to what value considering some clubs could have players already contracted for next year!

Are you also saying you are happy with your half's, especially McCrone? Honestly I would not expect him to stand out on an amatuer field if you did not previously recognise who he was, a good 6 and 7 at TWP would have carried you over the line very easily and in the process made Coach Rowley's life a lot easier.

Also I don't get this with McDermott being a saviour, I well remember some Bronco's fans saying they were very happy to see the back of him when he left them for Leeds, they said he made an attractive London team stale in his time there, he went to a Leeds team that boasted some very influencial players, who turned it on when it mattered like winning the big gong from 5th place, I am not sure he would be the right choice if Rowley left.

2 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

Kayakman, do you know if its the champs promoted or a top 5 play off? I think it's a play off, and that always raises the issue of clubs beefing up their talent before the play offs..... If that's the case it will be tough as play offs are a lottery. 

For what it's worth a new coach and a new key half back is needed, Drinkwater would be ideal for you . As well as a few new forwards. Not necessarily top names but young hungry players with a desire to play SL. 

For coach, McDermott would be ideal if you can get him! 

I think its a top5 playoff....I hate the rule that teams bring in theses new guys right before the playoffs and push out the guys who have played all year for the club ...but I guess thats the way it is...I can see it for injuries though.   I say TWP should put together their best team at the start of the season and stick with those guys until the end, if there are some injuries (e.g. like Kay breaking his leg) then bring someone in.

I would like to see two of the finest and best young top notch NRL forwards brought in...they must be able to score...that should do it.

I would keep everything else roughly as is (noting the center we have already signed).

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Nothing has been said as far as I am aware re any SC changes in the Champs, fwiw, how could they change it and to what value considering some clubs could have players already contracted for next year!

Are you also saying you are happy with your half's, especially McCrone? Honestly I would not expect him to stand out on an amatuer field if you did not previously recognise who he was, a good 6 and 7 at TWP would have carried you over the line very easily and in the process made Coach Rowley's life a lot easier.

Also I don't get this with McDermott being a saviour, I well remember some Bronco's fans saying they were very happy to see the back of him when he left them for Leeds, they said he made an attractive London team stale in his time there, he went to a Leeds team that boasted some very influencial players, who turned it on when it mattered like winning the big gong from 5th place, I am not sure he would be the right choice if Rowley left.

Listen Harry, McCrone is very good with a strong pack in front of him that eats up turf.  With a slower pack or one not making good ground he is not as good.  If you look at his film from the NRL this is glaringly obvious.  The key is to improve the pack, both with speed and have a couple of guys who can punch it over.  Patterson could score but he is retiring.

Plus McCrone is our Captain....and you don't get rid of a Captain unless there is a VERY good reason.  The Captain must be loyal to the Club and the Club must be loyal to the Captain. OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN!

We don't need to make that many changes.

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Listen Harry, McCrone is very good with a strong pack in front of him that eats up turf.  With a slower pack or one not making good ground he is not as good.  If you look at his film from the NRL this is glaringly obvious.  The key is to improve the pack, both with speed and have a couple of guys who can punch it over.  Patterson could score but he is retiring.

Plus McCrone is our Captain....and you don't get rid of a Captain unless there is a VERY good reason.  The Captain must be loyal to the Club and the Club must be loyal to the Captain. OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN!

We don't need to make that many changes.

You do.

14 minutes ago, SL17 said:

You do.

We will not panic, we will stay the course until the powers that be decide otherwise.  And IF changes are made they will be done in a professional respectful manner, not some two bit ad hoc committee looking for scapegoats like some Clubs.

TWP are a class organization, we will make our own decisions based on our wants and needs, we will do it our way...the right way.

We have a destiny to fulfill don't ya know.

13 hours ago, Kayakman said:

We will not panic, we will stay the course until the powers that be decide otherwise.  And IF changes are made they will be done in a professional respectful manner, not some two bit ad hoc committee looking for scapegoats like some Clubs.

TWP are a class organization, we will make our own decisions based on our wants and needs, we will do it our way...the right way.

We have a destiny to fulfill don't ya know.

Well hopefully for you they get it right next season. As for fulfilling a destiny,change is required as your destiny wasn't fulfilled this season. The powers that be re: Argyle will react accordingly.

Also the TWP should follow next season in a professional manner,as if they had been promoted to the promised land. NO match batches. 

2 hours ago, SL17 said:

Well hopefully for you they get it right next season. As for fulfilling a destiny,change is required as your destiny wasn't fulfilled this season. The powers that be re: Argyle will react accordingly.

Also the TWP should follow next season in a professional manner,as if they had been promoted to the promised land. NO match batches. 

Its a 5 year plan...not a three year plan....the destiny will come to fruition.  Of course there will be some match batches...its only fair.

5 team play off - winner takes all goes straight up - SL loser gets a parachute payment otherwise same funding as all other champ clubs

So the teams with backers will flourish - welcome to a RL flashback from the 80’s - have cash will win

Mind you it will even up the comp across the bottom end and at least they should have some cash for the odd good player to supplement the squads

TWP will have to play hard to win next year, Widnes will i think have a different edge now all youth with a few old heads and they have SL experience albeit a few seasons too early for a lot of them

Halifax may look at going full time apparently with that level of consistent funding, Toulouse are full time and Ford has resigned so a big push there, Fev have rejigged the squad, the Bulls will be looking for a good season and possibly consolidation as will York so perhaps TWP wont have it all their own way?

There will no doubt be some heavy recruitment to make sure i would suggest in the off season

What about NYC? That would be interesting as well - needs to be progressed i think

12 hours ago, Kris said:

5 team play off - winner takes all goes straight up - SL loser gets a parachute payment otherwise same funding as all other champ clubs

have cash will win.

Leigh were in the middle eights? Not.

Widnes easily beat championships clubs? Not.

Leeds, easily avoided the middle eights and romped home in every match? Not.

The fact is there just aren’t enough quality players around (supply) so teams end up having to pay inflated prices for journeymen (demand). And giving championship clubs more cash just exacerbated the situation (more demand).

On 10/9/2018 at 7:55 PM, Kayakman said:

I would say your logic is a little convoluted to be honest.  

1.  Not talking about Salford...we are talking about Rowley and Toronto...as far as I know Rowley has no connection to Salford but I stand to be corrected.

2.  Toronto has never played an NRL or NCL side.

3.  Toronto have a professional team and they are not Under 8's (hyperbole at its finest; nothing factual here!)

4.  They don't call it 'Toronto The Good' for nothing.

Toronto loses one big game and the knives come out...the previous week they beat the Rhinos...no mention of that though.

Ha ha seriously? You should have lost to NCL side Siddal in the challenge cup last season that the world could see online. Can tell a lot of your posts are type first think second.

I think the general point that is being made kman is Rowley has had a lot more money to spend than anyone in the championship. Has a team littered with SL and NRL players that should have gotten you up this year. After seeing you in the eights the main thing I saw was a lack of fluidity. Blake Wallace is by far the superior half in the side for me. McCrones petulance and arrogance has held you back, also you missed Corey Paterson massively in the final. All the times I have seen Toronto their main play is getting Paterson one on one with smaller guys to score. I do not think Rowley has brought the same level of cohesion to Toronto that Leigh had when he was there.

On Rowley he has led two sides to being moaned about that when things do not go their way they start rough housing. It can't be a coincidence. I have no doubt that if as is rumoured Rowley leaves and you get a coach that has the nouse of a higher level you will be promoted next year

2 hours ago, thepimp007 said:

Ha ha seriously? You should have lost to NCL side Siddal in the challenge cup last season that the world could see online. Can tell a lot of your posts are type first think second.

I think the general point that is being made kman is Rowley has had a lot more money to spend than anyone in the championship. Has a team littered with SL and NRL players that should have gotten you up this year. After seeing you in the eights the main thing I saw was a lack of fluidity. Blake Wallace is by far the superior half in the side for me. McCrones petulance and arrogance has held you back, also you missed Corey Paterson massively in the final. All the times I have seen Toronto their main play is getting Paterson one on one with smaller guys to score. I do not think Rowley has brought the same level of cohesion to Toronto that Leigh had when he was there.

On Rowley he has led two sides to being moaned about that when things do not go their way they start rough housing. It can't be a coincidence. I have no doubt that if as is rumoured Rowley leaves and you get a coach that has the nouse of a higher level you will be promoted next year

You are the one that has it wrong Pimper...we beat Siddal, but I give them credit for playing the game of a lifetime.

Rowley in not the GM but rather the Coach...he has the players  given to him that the Club brings in.

We lost by 2 points in the Million Pound Game...we move on to next year.  We do need to bring in some new big mobile forwards that can score...on that we agree.

4 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

You are the one that has it wrong Pimper...we beat Siddal, but I give them credit for playing the game of a lifetime.

Rowley in not the GM but rather the Coach...he has the players  given to him that the Club brings in.

We lost by 2 points in the Million Pound Game...we move on to next year.  We do need to bring in some new big mobile forwards that can score...on that we agree.

No I am not you said you have never played an NCL side, I was just pointing out you did and were very lucky to win. That is all.

I am sorry but to say Rowley gets given players to work with is wrong. Otherwise you would not have a team littered with his ex players from Leigh. I want Toronto to succeed but with the level of funding they have available and structures they have these grubby tactics need to go. Unfortunately that wont happen until Rowley goes.

Lutele will be a great signing if he comes still. But signing the likes of Wilkin does nothing to help your pack problem. He hasnt played like a forward for years and lacks in contact nowadays. Another over the hill one looking for a final payday. I do think with a new coach in place you will go up next year. If Rowley is still there it will be extremely difficult to get over the line in my opinion

Just now, thepimp007 said:

No I am not you said you have never played an NCL side, I was just pointing out you did and were very lucky to win. That is all.

I am sorry but to say Rowley gets given players to work with is wrong. Otherwise you would not have a team littered with his ex players from Leigh. I want Toronto to succeed but with the level of funding they have available and structures they have these grubby tactics need to go. Unfortunately that wont happen until Rowley goes.

Lutele will be a great signing if he comes still. But signing the likes of Wilkin does nothing to help your pack problem. He hasnt played like a forward for years and lacks in contact nowadays. Another over the hill one looking for a final payday. I do think with a new coach in place you will go up next year. If Rowley is still there it will be extremely difficult to get over the line in my opinion

McDermott would bring some serious credibility to Toronto.

Not just the first team but he would be able to help create a genuine play pathway for players and establish a foundation for Rugby League in Canada from amateur all the way to Full time professional.

He also would get a handle on discipline the club has struggled with.

2 minutes ago, thepimp007 said:

Well we will have to wait and see but I humbly disagree.  I feel that we will make it next year for sure.

1 minute ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Not just the first team but he would be able to help create a genuine play pathway for players and establish a foundation for Rugby League in Canada from amateur all the way to Full time professional.

Admit it though, you would say anything just to get rid of Rowley....for some reason, unknown to myself,  you hate the fella.

There are no discipline problems at the club...this is contrived.

Just now, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Totally agree. he has shown he has an interest in emerging nations by previously taking the USA job. It really need someone who has been there and dont it so to speak to get them to where they want to be.

Whether he could really push them on in SL given how up and down Leeds were under him is another question, but without doubt he would get them where they want to be for me

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

Admit it though, you would say anything just to get rid of Rowley....for some reason, unknown to myself,  you hate the fella.

I just think like the rest of us he is judging him by his coaching record which even you must be able to see when the chips have been on the table he hasn't delivered when it totally matters at either of his clubs.

Judging by his posts too he is a massive vindicator of expansion and wants to see Toronto succeed like a lot of us do

16 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

How many sending's off in the last two years and trips to the disciplinary committee?

And why do players keep leaving under unexplained circumstances? 

Biting?

Archived