Paul Rowley Perrenial Choker

14 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Look back what Kevin Tamati did with Salford in 1990.

He built a team that completely outplayed teams in the lowest division.

With parttime players and good coaching.  Took Salford into a final against Widnes (who believe it or not used to be good!).

Had a cup run knocking out teams in the division above.

What Rowley did was take on teams that would get wiped by a NCL side.

Taking NRL and Superleague players and give them the skill level of an under 8s team.

You were bad you just played development teams.

I would say your logic is a little convoluted to be honest.  

1.  Not talking about Salford...we are talking about Rowley and Toronto...as far as I know Rowley has no connection to Salford but I stand to be corrected.

2.  Toronto has never played an NRL or NCL side.

3.  Toronto have a professional team and they are not Under 8's (hyperbole at its finest; nothing factual here!)

4.  They don't call it 'Toronto The Good' for nothing.

Toronto loses one big game and the knives come out...the previous week they beat the Rhinos...no mention of that though.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I would say your logic is a little convoluted to be honest.  

1.  Not talking about Salford...we are talking about Rowley and Toronto...as far as I know Rowley has no connection to Salford but I stand to be corrected.

2.  Toronto has never played an NRL or NCL side.

3.  Toronto have a professional team and they are not Under 8's (hyperbole at its finest; nothing factual here!)

4.  They don't call it 'Toronto The Good' for nothing.

Toronto loses one big game and the knives come out...the previous week they beat the Rhinos...no mention of that though.

Rhinos were awful it was your failure to see that you played some terrible super league teams that cost you your Super League place.

Siddal are NCL. That amateur team you struggled to beat until you started with the thug tactics.

The point with Salford is part time teams have been far better than you full time team. 

Just now, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

The point with Salford is part time teams have been far better than you full time team. 

Yes of course, that is why we won League 1 and then the Championship in the following year.....these teams finished below us because they are far better than us.....I hope you are not in the banking business.

Just now, Kayakman said:

Yes of course, that is why we won League 1 and then the Championship in the following year.....these teams finished below us because they are far better than us.....I hope you are not in the banking business.

Seriously the whole being in League One was a joke to start with.

Thats like Manchester United holding a victory parade for winning the Conference North.

Toronto the Competitive dad of Rugby League

59 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Look back what Kevin Tamati did with Salford in 1990.

I'd ask some of the players at Salford at that time if I were you.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

40 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Seriously the whole being in League One was a joke to start with.

I'll have you know that both myself and the TWP have nothing but the greatest respect for those League 1 Teams.  They face obstacles and have to overcome alot of things that bigger clubs don't understand....and they are good people all.  The Wolfpack came from League 1 and we formed alot of good relationships there. 

A person should never forget where they come from...neither should a rugby team.  The Toronto Wolfpack is proud to say that we started and came from League 1...if you don't feel the same way well, then, thats your loss.  Some clubs and their fans have clearly lost their way and forgotten their roots.  This is not the case with Toronto.

LONG LIVE LEAGUE 1!

5 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I'll have you know that both myself and the TWP have nothing but the greatest respect for those League 1 Teams.  They face obstacles and have to overcome alot of things that bigger clubs don't understand....and they are good people all.  The Wolfpack came from League 1 and we formed alot of good relationships there. 

A person should never forget where they come from...neither should a rugby team.  The Toronto Wolfpack is proud to say that we started and came from League 1...if you don't feel the same way well, then, thats your loss.  Some clubs and their fans have clearly lost their way and forgotten their roots.  This is not the case with Toronto.

LONG LIVE LEAGUE 1!

I’m sure they willl welcome you back with open arms.

in 12 months time ;)

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

With the Players TWP have had this past 2 years I think Rowley has failed to get the best out of them. They look clueless often when the bash doesnt work and the ill discipline is well known. The Halfbacks look clueless and and have no real game plan at times. McCrone spends more time mouthing off and argueing with Match Officials than he does trying to create things for his team.

Look what Danny Ward and Richard Marshall have achieved on far less money and to be fair experienced players than what Paul Rowley has. With the Money and Players TWP they should have walked the Championship and beaten London easily on Sunday. I just feel Rowley is not the right man for TWP. I think TWP need somebody with experience of Coaching in SL and/or the NRL. I dont think TWP signings have been of great quality neither and presume thats down to Brian Noble.

28 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Pardon me Sir, not all Leigh people are small, hairy, have long noses and live a troglodyte existance!

I know they are not Harry, there are some really good posters and people from Leigh.  My point was that with all that has happened at Leigh maybe they should not be so quick to condemn a team that just lost the Million Pound Game by a couple of points.  

Leigh will get back on track, I know they will be looking forward to playing Toronto again next year...we certainly are! 

8 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I know they are not Harry, there are some really good posters and people from Leigh.  My point was that with all that has happened at Leigh maybe they should not be so quick to condemn a team that just lost the Million Pound Game by a couple of points.  

Leigh will get back on track, I know they will be looking forward to playing Toronto again next year...we certainly are! 

I would not be to certain that your prediction will come to pass K'man, the Chair - not DJB, he is the owner - issued a statement that said no body or consortium has come forward to take over the club, he said no other notifications will be fortcoming on the situation till the week after the domestic season is completed then he will make a statement as to the future proceedings, so next week, we learn what the immediate future holds.

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I would not be to certain that your prediction will come to pass K'man, the Chair - not DJB, he is the owner - issued a statement that said no body or consortium has come forward to take over the club, he said no other notifications will be fortcoming on the situation till the week after the domestic season is completed then he will make a statement as to the future proceedings, so next week, we learn what the immediate future holds.

Might be time for you to take over Harry...get things sorted once and for all!

Seriously, I hope Leigh can eventually get their house in order...sounds like it might take awhile.  Not sounding good.

I have no views one way or another about Paul Rowley’s coaching abilities. 

However, the way some commentators are viewing TWP Is along the lines that they are a team stacked full of superstars, when the stark reality is that in the main the players are Super League / NRL journeymen or Ex Championship. 

I suggest most Coaches would find it hard to better what Rowley achieved this season with the players currently at his disposal.  

I don't understand why Rowley gets all the flak and Noble gets away unscathed. Noble has been getting away with stealing a living from the game for years now. His "cheque book" approach has failed spectacularly at both Salford and Toronto and at Wigan to an extent. If you ever get to speak to Marwan Koukash ask him his opinion of Noble, but have the swear box handy. He is yesterday's man, talking in cliches and achieving very little. ATEOTD Rowley can only coach what is bought for him.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

49 minutes ago, Derwent said:

I don't understand why Rowley gets all the flak and Noble gets away unscathed. Noble has been getting away with stealing a living from the game for years now. His "cheque book" approach has failed spectacularly at both Salford and Toronto and at Wigan to an extent. If you ever get to speak to Marwan Koukash ask him his opinion of Noble, but have the swear box handy. He is yesterday's man, talking in cliches and achieving very little. ATEOTD Rowley can only coach what is bought for him.

Its Simon Finnigan who gets off lightly for me.  As he smirks watching opposition players getting laid out, clearly one of Rowley's henchmen.

Just now, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Its Simon Finnigan who gets off lightly for me.  As he smirks watching opposition players getting laid out, clearly one of Rowley's henchmen.

Yes I know...they are all evil...burn them all at the stake.  Damn foreigners.

24 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Yes I know...they are all evil...burn them all at the stake.  Damn foreigners.

You ever played rugby or been involved with a team?

Watched a teenage lad get stretched off and taken in a ambulance to hospital and thought you might have to tell his parents he has had a life changing injury and could be paralysed?

Because that's what happen when teams play those tactics.

1 hour ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

You ever played rugby or been involved with a team?

Watched a teenage lad get stretched off and taken in a ambulance to hospital and thought you might have to tell his parents he has had a life changing injury and could be paralysed?

Because that's what happen when teams play those tactics.

Played and been involved with rugby my whole life.

Okay Sally....best that you stick to the nature walks....be careful you don't slip and break your neck/back now...its dangerous on them there moors.

And we were talking about Toronto tactics; not Leigh.  Toronto is a very clean team and everyone knows it.

TWP are a pro side in a semi pro comp - the players they have were more than good enough to get promotion, any other year with the points they got they would have gone straight up

London haven’t been praised on here and neither has Ward, that team of young lads and a few old heads should be celebrated - TWP didn’t have an answer but in reality crossed the whitewash three time for no points. 

Had TWP kicked for goal on the several occasions they were in range on the back of penalties they would have won - i would promote them both if i could but ain’t up to me 

London will struggle because they have no recruitment plans and there has been absolutely no move to bring anyone in - i recall ward stating it was possibly a year early for promotion in the summer although i suspect he’s a happy teddy now regardless - good for them very well done

The match was far from a classic, Rowley tried to play play off football which is very defence orientated and failed mostly, in my view, because his team isn’t that good at playing that sort of game. They have a good pack that should have outgunned London, but was nullified by youth and energy. London wont be able to sustain that through a SL season without new blood.

TWP need some new halves or at least fit halves. Possibly another strike second row and not the workhorses that played. Gary Wheeler was very good, but no edge at the line. Too much defending. And TWP struggled against real pace.

Both game plans were conservative and quite poor in reality and neither would/will survive SL with the staff they have and the methodology they use. I imagine there is a lot of work in London right now to get players on board, frantic almost.

Rowley is gone, McDermott as predicted is in, there will be changes so bye bye Brierley and possibly a number of others - Dixon isn’t a Mac type player for a start - whatever he puts together will be interesting but he cant change too much as the Champs will be very competitive next year

Another interesting point is the lack of fitness in the TWP - nt sure what the staff are doing with them but they aren’t SL standard fitness wise, London showed much more in fitness terms than TWP - need to get out of Beswicks gym and on the field 

Rowley gone, Finnegan to follow? 

One thing we can say, TWP have now got a real home, and that’s worth celebrating - potentially an 8 team shoot out if Bradford get out of the blocks well - i will be watching that comp, just wish it was on TV!

18 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Played and been involved with rugby my whole life.

Okay Sally....best that you stick to the nature walks....be careful you don't slip and break your neck/back now...its dangerous on them there moors.

And we were talking about Toronto tactics; not Leigh.  Toronto is a very clean team and everyone knows it.

Rugby or Rugby League buttercup?

15 minutes ago, Kris said:

TWP are a pro side in a semi pro comp - the players they have were more than good enough to get promotion, any other year with the points they got they would have gone straight up

London haven’t been praised on here and neither has Ward, that team of young lads and a few old heads should be celebrated - TWP didn’t have an answer but in reality crossed the whitewash three time for no points. 

Had TWP kicked for goal on the several occasions they were in range on the back of penalties they would have won - i would promote them both if i could but ain’t up to me 

London will struggle because they have no recruitment plans and there has been absolutely no move to bring anyone in - i recall ward stating it was possibly a year early for promotion in the summer although i suspect he’s a happy teddy now regardless - good for them very well done

The match was far from a classic, Rowley tried to play play off football which is very defence orientated and failed mostly, in my view, because his team isn’t that good at playing that sort of game. They have a good pack that should have outgunned London, but was nullified by youth and energy. London wont be able to sustain that through a SL season without new blood.

TWP need some new halves or at least fit halves. Possibly another strike second row and not the workhorses that played. Gary Wheeler was very good, but no edge at the line. Too much defending. And TWP struggled against real pace.

Both game plans were conservative and quite poor in reality and neither would/will survive SL with the staff they have and the methodology they use. I imagine there is a lot of work in London right now to get players on board, frantic almost.

Rowley is gone, McDermott as predicted is in, there will be changes so bye bye Brierley and possibly a number of others - Dixon isn’t a Mac type player for a start - whatever he puts together will be interesting but he cant change too much as the Champs will be very competitive next year

Another interesting point is the lack of fitness in the TWP - nt sure what the staff are doing with them but they aren’t SL standard fitness wise, London showed much more in fitness terms than TWP - need to get out of Beswicks gym and on the field 

Rowley gone, Finnegan to follow? 

One thing we can say, TWP have now got a real home, and that’s worth celebrating - potentially an 8 team shoot out if Bradford get out of the blocks well - i will be watching that comp, just wish it was on TV!

I agree with alot of what you have said but  not all of it.  This is a good insight though.  Going to be a great Championship next year except some of the lower teams could be facing a weekly drubbing...I can hear the whining already.

19 minutes ago, Kris said:

i will be watching that comp, just wish it was on TV!

TWP games will be and hopefully Bradford can manage to show their games via their website like they did this year.

Archived