2019 Structure

MIG45

1 hour ago, donald said:

That's the format from season just gone . If that happened next season there would be 16 in champ in 2020

Not quite, if you read it correctly the bottom two are automatically relegated, it is then the team that finishes bottom of “Championship shield” that will play the loser of the league 1 playoff final. 2 definitely promoted from league 1 next year with the possibility of a third.

1 hour ago, IanMac said:

Just two promoted in 2019. That is what could have happened last season if we’d beaten Swinton.

2 definitely up with a potential for a third in the 2019 season as explained in my reply to Donald.

5 minutes ago, MIG45 said:

2 definitely up with a potential for a third in the 2019 season as explained in my reply to Donald.

This reads as though it is 2 “ Betfred League 1 will consist of x12 teams playing each other home and away with the top team automatically promoted. Teams 2-6 will play-off to decide the second team to be promoted. 

Only difference to that quote is there’s only 11 teams and depending on Keighley maybe 10. What you have quoted is what happened last season that is not in place next year.

Yeah just realised the first half of the article refers to the end of last season, I’m not sure why Leigh have decided to publish an article from September today? As correctly pointed out by others it will be 2 up from league 1 this season.

14 minutes ago, Havenwarrior said:

Shame that the 1895 cup will now be a straight knock out for the League 1 clubs. Seems only 8 league 1 teams will enter giving 4 of them just 1 extra game. How they can expect teams to survive on what could only be 11 Home games Is beyond me.

HW

Would be a better format if round 1 was two groups of 4, everyone then gets 3 games, top 2 from each group into round 2.... but RFL won’t see it that way.

12 hours ago, Havenwarrior said:

Shame that the 1895 cup will now be a straight knock out for the League 1 clubs. Seems only 8 league 1 teams will enter giving 4 of them just 1 extra game. How they can expect teams to survive on what could only be 11 Home games Is beyond me.

HW

Yes and some of the rounds are to be played as midweek matches, not ideal for part time players.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

1 hour ago, Derwent said:

Yes and some of the rounds are to be played as midweek matches, not ideal for part time players.

Yes , and looking at the fixture lists for this league there’s hardly a shortage of free weekends as they try and drag out a skeletal season to September . Looks truly awful compared to the other leagues 

Archived