Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Man of Kent

‘Sky Sports Rugby’

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

from 2020 show a lot more cricket

 

It's ten short-form matches across a whole summer isn't it?


Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

It's ten short-form matches across a whole summer isn't it?

plus 2 t20 internationals, plus highlights to all home tests, ODIs, and T20Is, plus 1 womens T20I and 8 womens domestic 100 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scotchy1 said:

plus 2 t20 internationals, plus highlights to all home tests, ODIs, and T20Is, plus 1 womens T20I and 8 womens domestic 100 games.

I didn't know that. Cheers.


Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s 12 live games (26hrs) of a national sport per year, it’s not comparable to the BBC taking on SL. 

 

However notably sky did increase their bid, despite losing exclusivity. 

 

ITV however could be interested, for they have 4 channels, can but the best matches on 1&2, the rest on 3&4. Might have to give some concessions, like 2 minute breaks on 20&60 minutes. 

Edited by Chamey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sky have just launched Sky Sports USA for US sport as a pop up where Sky Sports Darts is so there is some mileage in the idea that they are further diversifying their sports brands. Sky Sports Rugby would probably fit with that

But this goes massively against the idea Sky arent going to pay good money for SL. Sky Sports Rugby without SL or the RU already elsewhere is dead on arrival

Edited by scotchy1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Sky have just launched Sky Sports USA for US sport as a pop up where Sky Sports Darts is so there is some mileage in the idea that they are further diversifying their sports brands. Sky Sports Rugby would probably fit with that

But this goes massively against the idea Sky arent going to pay good money for SL. Sky Sports Rugby without SL or the RU already elsewhere is dead on arrival

Definitely  noticed more focus on American sports lately . Never seen owt in them personally but it must be a big thing for them they think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Sky have just launched Sky Sports USA

Impressive given that they don't have baseball, hockey or NCAA rights.


Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Impressive given that they don't have baseball, hockey or NCAA rights.

Only for the month of January though. NFL playoffs, plenty of live NBA games (typically in the middle of the night) and the rest of it will be padded out by documentaries like (the excellent) America's Game.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...