Very exciting development in Africa

So on Developments in Africa, if the Burundi Rugby League can be trusted, the proposed Middle East - Africa Championship will look like this in 2019:

MEA Championship: Lebanon, South Africa

MEA Championship B: Nigeria, Cameroon, Morocco, Ghana

MEA Championship ? Ethiopia, DRC, Burundi + 1 Middle-East Nation

If this does get up (honestly feel that any tournament that is launched will be a scaled back version of the above), it should do wonders for the growth of the sport in the region and help solidify the good work being done in many of those nations including Nigeria, Cameroon, Burundi, DRC, etc. 

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

7 hours ago, Yakstorm said:

So on Developments in Africa, if the Burundi Rugby League can be trusted, the proposed Middle East - Africa Championship will look like this in 2019:

If this does get up (honestly feel that any tournament that is launched will be a scaled back version of the above), it should do wonders for the growth of the sport in the region and help solidify the good work being done in many of those nations including Nigeria, Cameroon, Burundi, DRC, etc. 

I didn’t realise the game was still being played in Morocco? I thought the union lot banned it

I did think there was some rugby being played in Kenya though?

51 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I didn’t realise the game was still being played in Morocco? I thought the union lot banned it

I did think there was some rugby being played in Kenya though?

Wasn’t the Kenya situation linked to the rebel Italian body a few years back? I remember them playing an ‘international’

Out of curiosity I looked at the Burundi Rugby League Facebook page and was really pleased to see their hard work and commitment to the game.

They, like many other African nations, face a huge battle on many front (that became more apparent as I flicked trough their photos).

- Money

- Size and nutrition of players

- Suitable playing fields 

- Decent enough kit

8 hours ago, Yakstorm said:

I wouldn't expect to see Morocco playing any time soon.

7 hours ago, Evil Homer said:

I wouldn't expect to see Morocco playing any time soon.

There is a little bit of activity happening in the country.

This is just from a few days ago....

From what I can see the new FMR XIII have three clubs, Nador Arkmane (Casablanca), Black Eagles (Casablanca) and the Bouizakarne Lions.

There also appears to be some activity in Kariat Arekmane.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

Do hope so with Morocco. Went on holiday there 2 years ago and tried to find any activity, both in country and from French contacts and found nothing.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

I remember various times over the last few decades when RL in Morocco was developing quite nicely. Of course you can guess what happened to every attempt with the helpful assistance from RU. Another country were they mustn't have got the memo that we are all friends now and all that....

19 hours ago, Yakstorm said:

There is a little bit of activity happening in the country.

This is just from a few days ago....

From what I can see the new FMR XIII have three clubs, Nador Arkmane (Casablanca), Black Eagles (Casablanca) and the Bouizakarne Lions.

There also appears to be some activity in Kariat Arekmane.

They should follow the Greek approach then and not publicize it at all, play at midnight etc because once they get wind it's only a matter of time until RU shuts them down again.

1 hour ago, Evil Homer said:

They should follow the Greek approach then and not publicize it at all, play at midnight etc because once they get wind it's only a matter of time until RU shuts them down again.

1 hour ago, Evil Homer said:

I would argue take the Football 13 approach used in Chile dont even go near the word Rugby.

Archived