Storm Freya

I looked at the weather map on Friday and saw that Freya was due to hit north west England at about 3-00pm. So I made my mind up not to go to Widnes.  But checking on Sunday, it seemed that it was going to arrive late, not due until the evening.  So I changed my mind.  Why can't these storms arrive on time?  Is Grayling in charge of them too?  Had it kept to timetable, I'd have been spared having to watch Widnes murder my team in the first half. 

We had strong winds in Yorkshire last night, not unusual for March, but that's all.  A lot of fuss about nothing I said to SWMBO.  However my daughter. who lives in Lincolnshire had their trampoline blown into the side of their house, and their fence blown down, so perhaps there was something to it after all.   I still blame Grayling though.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

By the lack of response, it must have been a big one, as no-one from the NW has replied, this storm must have ripped all the computer software from the lines, thus stripping the NW from the internet. 

Either that, or it wasn't as big as they were predicting. DOH!

4 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

By the lack of response, it must have been a big one, as no-one from the NW has replied, this storm must have ripped all the computer software from the lines, thus stripping the NW from the internet. 

Either that, or it wasn't as big as they were predicting. DOH!

Perhaps Grayling is in charge and it's turned toward the south coast instead.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

I think they are named by our met office and the Irish equivalent. The names alternate boy/girl starting with Ali for a. So Burt and Dennis are out. Not sure if next year will switch to start with a girls name or not. 

8 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I think they are named by our met office and the Irish equivalent. The names alternate boy/girl starting with Ali for a. So Burt and Dennis are out. Not sure if next year will switch to start with a girls name or not. 

Storm Albert

Archived