Summer bash

georgeb1

10 hours ago, YCKonstantine said:

Regardless of any other result this season, or last season or any season. What we served up today was disappointing.

Well I would get used to being disappointed. Some tough games to come mostly away

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Well I would get used to being disappointed. Some tough games to come mostly away

I don't mind losing. But the amount of stupid penalties given away, dropping the ball in our own half, kicking the ball out on the full multiple times is what's disappointing.

For the first 36 minutes and last 10 minutes York competed really well. The two tries just before HT were a sucker punch.

Three lads on dayboo after we were down to 16 fit players on Wednesday meant it was always going to be tough. We are missing Ben Cockayne's leadership around the park and aggression in attack - we've had 4 different half combos in the last month, hopefully Connor Robinson and Liam Harris can build a rapport now, with Matty Marsh going back to full back. Sam Scott, Kriss Brining & Graeme Horne to come back soon too.

Still, we're in the play-off places after Bash weekend. I'd have taken that at the start of the year!  ? 

Into each life a little rain must fall and we knew there would be days like these when we came up into this division.

But we are in a great position still - arguably better than any of us thought - and if we are going to pick off a few more wins in the second half of the season then we need to come together as supporters and a club. I have no doubt that the players will still commit 100% to the shirt everytime they pull it on, and so must us fans. 

Still loving it and still proud to be a Knight!

30 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

For the first 36 minutes and last 10 minutes York competed really well. The two tries just before HT were a sucker punch.

Three lads on dayboo after we were down to 16 fit players on Wednesday meant it was always going to be tough. We are missing Ben Cockayne's leadership around the park and aggression in attack - we've had 4 different half combos in the last month, hopefully Connor Robinson and Liam Harris can build a rapport now, with Matty Marsh going back to full back. Sam Scott, Kriss Brining & Graeme Horne to come back soon too.

Still, we're in the play-off places after Bash weekend. I'd have taken that at the start of the year!  ? 

you can say that but in reality in the first half you never looked like scoring and in the last ten when you scored two FEV  had put their cue in the rack and were waiting for the hooter

2 hours ago, DEANO said:

Penalties and mistakes happen when you at outplayed 

We (Fev) have been there all too often at the blackpool bash. York look a slightly small side and you seem to get your field position with smart passing and good football but in my humble opinion lack the grunt to get you over the line.You came up against the Dane Chisholm show yesterday with a good pack to allow him the space to work his magic. York arent a bad side and you would have taken third had you been offered it at the outset. Good luck for a successful season.

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

I think your spot on Gav, with missing Charlie’s aggression in attack. I’m hoping that Connor and Liam will click in the halves. I love to see a halfback running and challenging at the defensive line, which I think Liam will give us. Not a criticism of Connor, I just don’t think he does it enough. That, coupled with a few more experienced bodies back from injury, will see us right. If you’d have said the Knights would be anywhere near the top end of the table at this point in the season, I’d have snapped your arm off at the beginning of the year. We’ve got some tough fixtures to come, yes, but let’s not give up eh?! I know one thing, Fordy and the boys won’t and I’m confident that we can finish the season in a decent position and kick on for next season. 

18 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

We (Fev) have been there all too often at the blackpool bash. York look a slightly small side and you seem to get your field position with smart passing and good football but in my humble opinion lack the grunt to get you over the line.You came up against the Dane Chisholm show yesterday with a good pack to allow him the space to work his magic. York arent a bad side and you would have taken third had you been offered it at the outset. Good luck for a successful season.

Big lads Jack Ormondroyd and Colton Roche both had good games yesterday... sadly we were outbid for both!

Such is life ? 

This had been coming for a while now, you could see it from Rochdale last week we've been due a pasting. We were poor, silly penalties giving away, sloppy play where we constantly knock the ball on and play the wrong pass etc.  Our pack was weak and for that middle third of the game we were horrific.

However, Fev are an established Championship side, they know what they're doing and Dane Chisolm had another great game himself. All credit to them. We are plagued by injuries at the minute which has seen lots of changes and players playing out of position, with some of the big pack players still missing as well. In all honesty we look like we just need a week off, but unfortunately that won't happen. Yet we are still third in the league. We've only just crossed the half way mark and we've already won more games than any other season we've played in the Championship, in fact another 8 wins would see us win as many games this season as we have in every other season at this level combined. 

I can't speak for others on here, or the players or Fordy, but for me the aim this season was to stay up and try to begin to establish ourselves at this level. We're already massively over achieving on that for myself and either way this season can be deemed a success.

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

So we had no Horne, Baldwinson, Scott, Jordan-Roberts, Dixon and Brining - bascially a first-choice pack. Plus three of our more creative, damaging backs missing in Cockayne,  Robson and Mazive (yes, Judah does have the odd mistake in him, but offers a lot in attack) and people wonder why we might get thumped when we meet a proven Chanpionship team with good players on-song? Add in Peterson (who I like, but seems to be in-and-out) and young Chilton, (who hasn't even played this season) and your'e not far off a full team.  Get most of that lot back and we'd give Fev a proper game.  

It's been a great season and the squad has done brilliantly and there will more good wins  Though can someone please tell me how any "prize" money is alloted for the teams finishing higher up?  More cash equals better players.  Why (with the greatest respect) places like Fev, Leigh, Batley, Dewsbury and Halifax (where I live) have traditionally had more RL support and cash than one of the largest cities in the north of England has always bemused me for my 50+ years on this planet. 

3 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

So we had no Horne, Baldwinson, Scott, Jordan-Roberts, Dixon and Brining - bascially a first-choice pack. Plus three of our more creative, damaging backs missing in Cockayne,  Robson and Mazive (yes, Judah does have the odd mistake in him, but offers a lot in attack) and people wonder why we might get thumped when we meet a proven Chanpionship team with good players on-song? Add in Peterson (who I like, but seems to be in-and-out) and young Chilton, (who hasn't even played this season) and your'e not far off a full team.  Get most of that lot back and we'd give Fev a proper game.  

It's been a great season and the squad has done brilliantly and there will more good wins  Though can someone please tell me how any "prize" money is alloted for the teams finishing higher up?  More cash equals better players.  Why (with the greatest respect) places like Fev, Leigh, Batley, Dewsbury and Halifax (where I live) have traditionally had more RL support and cash than one of the largest cities in the north of England has always bemused me for my 50+ years on this planet. 

Gav will be able to give you the weighting behind it but the central funding is split into 6 categories to work out how much, league position, attendance, compliance are in there

3 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

(yes, Judah does have the odd mistake in him, but offers a lot in attack)

Couldnt agree more. And the number of times it is his quick yards from our own defensive line that get us on the front foot again. Don't understand why he has been in and out of the team this year but I'm not the coach and the one making these calls for very good reasons ?

Wouldnt have altered the result and the best side on the day won, but did anyone notice that the pass to Briscoe for Fev's third try was three metres forward.

Thought Locky had a great game for Fev. Ironic as Fordy was hopeful of getting him to York after his period missing from the game a couple of seasons ago.

Good first thirty but a lack of attacking 'shape' made us easy to defend against.

Had a good day otherwise, though I didnt 'pick' a winner all day - was rooting for Toulouse, Rochdale, Knights and the Bulls. Reet Jonah !!

Best bit of the day, talking that the wonderful bloke Karl Harrison - 'Dont fancy the Rhinos job, Karl'                                                                       ' Ha, the way they are playing I can probably still get a game at prop - havent got any middles have they ?  Just get marched up the park !'

16 hours ago, andyacko said:

Best bit of the day, talking that the wonderful bloke Karl Harrison -                                                                   

ex FEV legend goes to all rovers games watching his lad james  number 17 for FEV 

2 hours ago, POR said:

ex FEV legend goes to all rovers games watching his lad james  number 17 for FEV 

Yeah, we spoke about James and how he is going at the mo. Always approachable and friendly is Karl.

Archived