Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

22 Apr: The Betfred Championship Easter Monday Match Thread

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Eh? For many years Bootham Crescent was the widest pitch in the football league! 

If he thinks BC is narrow what would he have made of the old HS pitch!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trojan said:

Whereas Wilkin was an absolute angel.  Toronto should have had a man red carded for an appalling high tackle. 

don't know if they showed it on tele but when chisolm made the break and o brian got binned a fev player was taken out off the ball so he couldn't back up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tafkat said:

If he thinks BC is narrow what would he have made of the old HS pitch!

Been there many times. As 400m athletics tracks (obviously) are built to fixed dimensions, there's a minimum of 73 m between the insides of the two straights, ample room for a full-size RL pitch inside.  My guess is Bootham Crescent maybe had a full-sized football pitch until work was done on the stands in the 90s? There is no way the RL pitch is now the full 68 metres across.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Just waiting for the Fax lads to come along and tell us that I am been harsh when I say we are not performing anywhere near where we probably should be.

The Club doesnt need people like you claiming to be fans. Just moan and negative with no thought of the situation.

No Halifax are not performing anywhere near to what they should. But then there are some reasons for that. A side missing the experience and quality of Murrell, Grix, Butler, Kaye, Johnston, Grady etc will struggle. Many of them players have not played this past month or so. That said Halifax have been awful at times. I think that is partly down to the Coaches and partly other things. 

Forcing players to play twice over Easter is wrong, especially when they are Part Time. I know players that have played Friday and Monday plus had to work Saturday. No real recovery time and any injury they may have picked up is often not being properly treated as there is no Training etc. So players play injured on the Monday. That for me is wrong. No Player Welfare side is considered and also many have sadly had little time with their family. Its something many fans fail to recognize the commitment put in by players who often are on less than the minimum wage. Then forcing a team to fly out Sunday to play in Toulouse is just something I think is a joke. Dewsbury last year did it and Halifax this year. The game really does need to look at this, as its just not on. We are living in 2019 and how the game treats the players at times is a disgrace.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

The Club doesnt need people like you claiming to be fans. Just moan and negative with no thought of the situation.

 

The club doesnt need people like you claiming to be fans. Just blowing smoke up peoples asses with no thought to the bigger picture.

Ive always called it straight down the middle and some people are not going to like that. You can make all the excuses you want but professional players playing like they did in the first 20 minutes of a game like they did in Toulouse is unacceptable. This season has been shambolic, from the farcical pre-season, not selling sponsorship packages, to little things like Monday where there was no social media coverage of the game despite the person who does it been in France.

Its looking like 2 previous directors are having to come back in to the fold for the fear of the club going under added to that players that were signed to new contracts when it looked like they probably should have been eased out and Marshall's inability to man manage his most expensive squad that he assembled and the problems will come to a head very shortly.

From an outsider looking in they must be wondering why one of the best young coaches outside of SL is having his contract run down without no talk of a new contract and as I have said elsewhere, it really makes sense to cut ties earlier rather than later and give the new coach a chance to salvage something from this season and plan for the next. A heavy defeat against Sheffield and that might be the reality next week.
If it does all blow up I will refrain from telling you I told you so as I will be busy once again putting my money in to the club to try and help it stay afloat. The club doesnt need fans like me........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of very loyal fans spent a lot of money to get to Toulouse to witness that, they deserve better IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/04/2019 at 03:04, Trojan said:

Whereas Wilkin was an absolute angel.  Toronto should have had a man red carded for an appalling high tackle. 

Which one just got a 1 game suspension?  Bussey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, PatrickB said:

Which one just got a 1 game suspension?  Bussey.

Either way, I wouldn't be a happy bunny or in McDermott's shoes. Wallet Mr Argyle please.. Why you have sent Brierley out on loan and left that nutmeg McCrone in place god only knows.

Edited by SL17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PatrickB said:

Which one just got a 1 game suspension?  Bussey.

What a surprise,  Fev player picks up ban for retaliating to thug. No change there then.


“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

apparently  o brien head shot on chisolm was legitimately attempting to make tackle. no charge  and

sims crusher on bussey was accidental as player falls down with tackle. no charge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 08:51, The Blues Ox said:

The club doesnt need people like you claiming to be fans. Just blowing smoke up peoples asses with no thought to the bigger picture.

Ive always called it straight down the middle and some people are not going to like that. You can make all the excuses you want but professional players playing like they did in the first 20 minutes of a game like they did in Toulouse is unacceptable. This season has been shambolic, from the farcical pre-season, not selling sponsorship packages, to little things like Monday where there was no social media coverage of the game despite the person who does it been in France.

Its looking like 2 previous directors are having to come back in to the fold for the fear of the club going under added to that players that were signed to new contracts when it looked like they probably should have been eased out and Marshall's inability to man manage his most expensive squad that he assembled and the problems will come to a head very shortly.

From an outsider looking in they must be wondering why one of the best young coaches outside of SL is having his contract run down without no talk of a new contract and as I have said elsewhere, it really makes sense to cut ties earlier rather than later and give the new coach a chance to salvage something from this season and plan for the next. A heavy defeat against Sheffield and that might be the reality next week.
If it does all blow up I will refrain from telling you I told you so as I will be busy once again putting my money in to the club to try and help it stay afloat. The club doesnt need fans like me........

Rumoured that your wish has come true.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Rumoured that your wish has come true.......

No surprise really, I just thought it may have taken a defeat to Sheffield to do it.  Im confident we will do better under Grix. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...