Potential new signings

Raider91

I think all would agree it's great to see another young local lad in Adam Ford sign on, straight out of the academy set up. Cresta deserves the credit for that along with the Board. 

We are in desperate need of some forwards, props in particular that's where I believe we should concentrate our efforts. Looking at who could potentially come in I've come up with below;

levy nzoungou - Hull FC forward doesn't really play been on loan to haven previously current DR with Doncaster I think he would be a good addition on loan big strong ball carrier.

Bartes - obvious one if hes available 

Adam Lawton - Salford prop who was loaned to rochdale, if hes available he been a good addition. Big boy scored against us too.

Shame will Maher has started playing at cas he could have been a good option. If we require a back row would Liam paisley the dalton lad from Wigan be available?

What your thoughts who's out there?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If SL clubs are DR with a club ie Wigan with Swinton, can Wigan loan players to another club (ie Barrow)which are in the same league as there DR partner? If they can’t it cuts down the options a little although there still will be players out there.

28 minutes ago, The Vet said:

If SL clubs are DR with a club ie Wigan with Swinton, can Wigan loan players to another club (ie Barrow)which are in the same league as there DR partner? If they can’t it cuts down the options a little although there still will be players out there.

Correct me if I am wrong Phil, but isn't there a team in our league - possibly Sheffield I can't remember,  who are dual reg with a couple of teams or at least utilised dual reg and loan players?

Rangi Chase - don't clutch at any straws - that could be another Gareth Hock moment.

What's Ben Harrison doing at the moment... we've got to think beyond Bartes althoug I'd love to see im back at Craven Park

Shipbuilider01.png

5 hours ago, steve75 said:

Correct me if I am wrong Phil, but isn't there a team in our league - possibly Sheffield I can't remember,  who are dual reg with a couple of teams or at least utilised dual reg and loan players?

Now you mention it Sheffield could have yes, I wasn’t sure if it could happen, were the loan players from a SL team that isn’t DR with another championship team? 

1 hour ago, The Vet said:

Now you mention it Sheffield could have yes, I wasn’t sure if it could happen, were the loan players from a SL team that isn’t DR with another championship team? 

Not sure Phil to be honest! Think it was Hull and/or Hull KR.

I’ve read on the Sheffield website that they’ve released a utility player called Louis sheriff. Utility meaning a possible half back? Although it says on Wikipedia that he’s a full back. Maybe any Sheffield fans could clear that one up. I think atm a prop forward and a half back are a must.

Tomas Minns  - drug ban expires in July. Was brilliant for HullKr and is from Leeds Rhinos stock.

Be good to have him just until end of the season.

49 tries in 92 games. Not to be sniffed at. ( no pun intended,)

Rhys Hanbury...... would be expensive to get him back over from Aus but has no club at the moment and would rip the championship to pieces. He would 100% get us the creativity we need. 

If we were going for a Bullock type player.... (one Cresta could make feel wanted again

Brad Clavering

Come through Hull FCacademy at FC before joining KR in 2017. He never made a first team appearance for the Robins due to injury but did have dual-registration spells with York, Hemel and Coventry. A versatile man mountain of a forward, Clavering is still only 20.

Or you go local and build for next year. 

3 hours ago, Barrow RLFC123 said:

Is cresta going to stay for the year? I think he has done great but if we were to get relegated financially it would be a disaster. I just don’t see us getting another win all year...

Need a change 

On 06/05/2019 at 22:36, The Vet said:

FEV are in DR with leeds but at same time leeds have loaned out players including lilley to leigh and now bradford and saints in DR with leigh sent some to swinton

As well as DR FEV  have had  players on loan from   c#s  who are  in DR with fax  huddersfield and  wakey

at the minute  we've  got one on a season long loan from huddersfield and just signed chisolm  who was on loan from bradford 

so it appears anything is possible with regards getting players from super greed

1 hour ago, Raider91 said:

Rochdale signed 4 players today, have a cash builder ongoing too. More noise coming out of them now Forster has gone. Seriously hope York turn them over on Sunday.

Wow, thought according to some that new players were hard to come by? 

Archived