Swinton at Home

Heywood Tiger

55 minutes ago, Rampant Lion 59 said:

It’s not a case of what anyone wants rules and regulations are in place for a reason.

lets hope Rochdale aren’t allowed to breach that operational framework and lower the integrity and standards of a professional sport for the good of all.

So if Swinton get drawn against Mayfield away next season in the Challenge Cup I take it you'll refuse to play them ?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Packer Spout said:

Yes clubs is in mess,, One week to AGM and then a new Board new people Ex Players and others. Get Paul back with new people like Tony. The people now have embarrassed everyone. Not one should be on new one. Also bring back others who got shoved out.

Can’t come quick enough. Change of Ceo as well maybe? Or whoever is running the club on day to day basis anyway...

5 hours ago, Rampant Lion 59 said:

Yes let’s set a president and allow all clubs to use sub standard amateur facilities.

Swinton will play our next home game at Folly Lane and save thousands and build relationships ?

Its professional sport not amateur.

Sub Standard ?? ???  

Let's keep it factual now

It really is quite unbelievable that there is no official notification to the public about where this game will be played. I presume that without the previous info off Heywood Tiger, nobody would be any wiser that it wouldn't be at Spotland, it is nothing short of total disrespect to home fans and sponsors and to the travelling fans of both clubs. I cannot believe that our Chief Executive was not aware of this possible change of venue, for God's sake surely he only had to walk out and have a look at the pitch.

5 minutes ago, Rampant Lion 59 said:

Championship standards. 

So your team is capable of playing a challenge cup game at Mayfield, but not a Championship game ? How ridiculous. These are difficult times for Hornets and we get absolutely no support from the football team, no team has had more changes of ground than Swinton and at least if we play at Mayfield it's within our own town. What I would say is we don't help ourselves in these situations, with our lack of communication.

I see a lot of blame placed at the door of the football club. Presumably they own Spotland and the relationship between the club's can't be great if there are short notice issues with Hornets using it. As an outsider it seems like the football club don't value Hornets as tenants, either because they don't turn a profit on match days or don't pay their rent on time. Probably best to look elsewhere for next season.

23 minutes ago, Rampant Lion 59 said:

Championship standards. 

Very little difference between Mayfield and Sedgley Park - infact the dressing rooms are better at Mayfield 

Rochdale Hornets have been dealt a raw deal once again by Rochdale AFC - the easiest way of moving forward with this is to switch the game to Mayfield - its as simple as that

46 minutes ago, Gavinr said:

Very little difference between Mayfield and Sedgley Park - infact the dressing rooms are better at Mayfield 

Rochdale Hornets have been dealt a raw deal once again by Rochdale AFC - the easiest way of moving forward with this is to switch the game to Mayfield - its as simple as that

Sedgley Park isn't Championship standard hence Swinton had to leave at some expense.

58 minutes ago, Colin James said:

As an outsider it seems like the football club don't value Hornets as tenants, either because they don't turn a profit on match days or don't pay their rent on time.

If true, short or clouded memories!  Look into the history of how Hornets came to play at Spotland (now Crown Oil) after the sale of our Athletic Grounds in 1987.  For now, it's the eleventh hour + and as yet no official decision of where our clubs will play Sunday (or later?), with Hornets, as home team, hopefully having preference.  

2 hours ago, Gavinr said:

Complete none sense. 

2 hours ago, Athleticgrounds said:

So your team is capable of playing a challenge cup game at Mayfield, but not a Championship game ? How ridiculous. These are difficult times for Hornets and we get absolutely no support from the football team, no team has had more changes of ground than Swinton and at least if we play at Mayfield it's within our own town. What I would say is we don't help ourselves in these situations, with our lack of communication.

What do you not understand about competition standards? 

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How long did Swinton play there ?

Had a couple of spells there, maybe four or five seasons in total but on promotion to the Championship at the end of 2015 we were forced to leave because it didn't meet Championship standards.

3 hours ago, Athleticgrounds said:

To play in the championship ,your ground has to meet certain standards , which i take does not aply to the challenge cup .Swinton was forced to move from Sedgley park because of these rules , but like SHEFFIELD ,these rules can change when it suits , and people wonder why Rugby League is not taken seriously 

36 minutes ago, Lion heart 59 said:

Swinton only played at sedgley park in league 1, was told it was not up to championship standards and forced to move 

Yeah and it was a ###### experience for visiting fans, totally amateurish. However did any Hornets fans come on your site bitching about having to play one game there ?  You need to get over yourselves.

we  had a player first game of the season(Sheffield)  have a bad injury ,out all season ,may never play again , so you can understand why players welfare comes into it , and before you say Mayfield can play on it , they are not playing the same standard , but i guess rules are there to be broken 

23 minutes ago, Lion heart 59 said:

we  had a player first game of the season(Sheffield)  have a bad injury ,out all season ,may never play again , so you can understand why players welfare comes into it , and before you say Mayfield can play on it , they are not playing the same standard , but i guess rules are there to be broken 

Well if it’s the pitch that’s your worry, good news it’s an excellent playing surface professionally maintained so no need to worry about player welfare 

3 hours ago, Lion heart 59 said:

To play in the championship ,your ground has to meet certain standards , which i take does not aply to the challenge cup .Swinton was forced to move from Sedgley park because of these rules , but like SHEFFIELD ,these rules can change when it suits , and people wonder why Rugby League is not taken seriously 

Well I certainly agree with that, Nothing wrong with Sedgley always enjoyed going there,it's not as if the gates change massively in the championship

13 hours ago, Rampant Lion 59 said:

Please tell me this is a joke??

Championship is professional standard rugby league not amateur and Mayfield is not even one of the better amateur facilities in the sport.

To even consider playing a crucial game at an amateur facility is laughable and as an outsider looking in sums up Rochdale as a club at the moment seemingly bouncing from one disaster to another and fast becoming an embarrassment to the sport at this level. 

I for one sincerely hope the RFL do not stoop so low as to allow something like this or the game really is in ruins and the integrity of the sport is shattered completely.

At a point in time when all the talk is about raising the profile of the sport at Championship level to make it attractive to sponsors and broadcast partners to take a game to a poor standard amateur facility that does not come anywhere close to meeting minimum standards would be disgraceful regardless of circumstances. 

You should either be made to find a suitable facility that meets professional standards and minimum standards or forfeit the two points. 

I really hope our club stand firm on this as if true it’s just not on at all and it’s not the first time this year away teams will have been messed about by Rochdale.

What a wimp

Archived