Swinton at Home

Heywood Tiger

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just on the Dale MB.

Irrespective of the past, there is an agreement in place that the football club signed up to in order to obtain shares that ultimately gave back control of the stadium.

Apparently we are in no position to not embrace every source of income we can, whether that is honouring agreements, renting the old pitch out or selling commemorative fookin mugs.

As well as the loss of income we have to compensate Hornets. Salford want £8k to stage the game. Hmmm...

A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

4 hours ago, Lion heart 59 said:

To play in the championship ,your ground has to meet certain standards , which i take does not aply to the challenge cup .Swinton was forced to move from Sedgley park because of these rules , but like SHEFFIELD ,these rules can change when it suits , and people wonder why Rugby League is not taken seriously 

Been to Sheffield, that's a ###### experience as well - especially the portable toilets ! However what other complaints I may have about  the stadium the pitch isn't one of them.  It's not great but it is very predictable in how it plays. I can't see how any blame can be placed on the pitch for the lads injury, the " treatment " he received subsequently was from all accounts was very poor.

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Been to Sheffield, that's a ###### experience as well - especially the portable toilets ! However what other complaints I may have about  the stadium the pitch isn't one of them.  It's not great but it is very predictable in how it plays. I can't see how any blame can be placed on the pitch for the lads injury, the " treatment " he received subsequently was from all accounts was very poor.

there's more to the sheffield  story with regaurds the safety  certiicate , but dont want to make myself liable , and i was at the game ,not sure the injury would of been so bad playing on grass 

This is a Rochdale thread - so shouldn't really go on about Swinton's move from Sedgley Park, as I remember it Sedgley Park did not have enough seating capacity to meet Championship requirements, so planning permission was submitted to erect a temporary open stand - bleachers as Americans would say. Anyway the local residents objected so the planning was turned down.

I hope  Rochdale can resolve the problem and the game goes ahead.

Surely the best answer is to relocate the game back to Swinton. Come to an arrangement to share the proceeds,but anything is better than playing at Salford for eight grand and going to Mayfield appears out of the question according to RL rules,so what else is there? 

2 hours ago, DiddyDave said:

Surely the best answer is to relocate the game back to Swinton. Come to an arrangement to share the proceeds,but anything is better than playing at Salford for eight grand and going to Mayfield appears out of the question according to RL rules,so what else is there? 

I dont think RFL rules allow this Dave

I think you can only play at the ground of the away team if its a swap fixture reversal and we have already played Swinton away 

2 hours ago, DiddyDave said:

relocate the game back to Swinton.

As they are still in the relegation mix, others may be less than happy!  Postponement may be being considered, provided Dale can give a guarantee when the pitch will be ready.  We will have to hope that the pitch is ready for our next home game or deja vu on here over again and an extra visit to Toulouse!   Hopefully ?an amicable decision this morning.

Swinton’s CEO & coach are not happy bunnies and have asked the RFL for clarification on the decision to allow the game to go ahead on a “sub-standard” ground.  Their CEO has requested access for an “independent” health & safety check on Saturday morning!

https://twitter.com/M_Shaw1/status/1144552758336532480?s=20

After accessing via link, just tap on the pic

Being a swinton fan i have absolutely no problem with it being payed a mayfield! i go and watch most weeks and think the pitch is spot on . My brother played there before signing for Swinton and he cant wait to get back on the pitch.

I think the main issue is the lack and communication. Hornets have known about this for at least the last week or so yet nobody had been informed. I think for some swinton fans its the case of another excuse should we not win

I'm looking forward to watching a game of good rugby league, glad it's been kept in Rochdale. The pitch at Mayfield is a great pitch. I'm not sure what the issues are ? Its grass and there will be a game of rugby on it. Stop it with all the political nonsense. Take it elsewhere. I'm interested in the game of rugby league. Will be good to see the likes of Brandon Wood, Callum Marriott, Zac Baker, Aiden Gleeson and Matty Ashton playing at the club they came from. Most of them there, coming from the youth. 

Que Sera Sera

The point is one rule one club , totally different rules for another club , we have been trying to get home for nearly 30 years , but can not play at Folly Lane , agecroft because they do  not meet the requirements, got moved from sedgley park , not good enough, force to hire AJBell and Widnes ground to play games , I know it’s not Hornets fault and they can only deal with their own problems. But surely you can understand our frustration and anger , all we are asking for is to be treated fairly . The integrity of the league  as been compromised 

I think the fact of the matter here is that Hornets have had a decision forced upon them by a situation out of their control,  the RFL must have took this into consideration. Perhaps the game last season that Swinton moved to the AJ Bell was due to a prearranged eventand not due to issues arising from the pitch being unplayable. 

The Mayfield ground will have the facilities to cope with the crowd that is normal for a Hornets - Swinton game. 

As for the pitch, im sure it is of high enough quality to suffice a game. Lets be honest its just as easy to pick up injurys on a perfect pitch as any other.

I for one am looking forward to visiting Mayfield. 

2 hours ago, RLfan99 said:

Crazy to  Him all this is happening whilst our only full time employee and the guy running our club is on another holiday ?

You are joking of course? How can a rugby league CEO take a holiday during the season? Especially with the turmoil that's going on with Hornets?

50 minutes ago, Lion heart 59 said:

The point is one rule one club , totally different rules for another club , we have been trying to get home for nearly 30 years , but can not play at Folly Lane , agecroft because they do  not meet the requirements, got moved from sedgley park , not good enough, force to hire AJBell and Widnes ground to play games , I know it’s not Hornets fault and they can only deal with their own problems. But surely you can understand our frustration and anger , all we are asking for is to be treated fairly . The integrity of the league  as been compromised 

It's a one off, extenuating circumstances, get off Hornets backs and get on with the game, if you want to have a go at anyone, then blame Rochdale Football Club,it is all down to them and absolutely little Hornets could have don e about it.

2 hours ago, Lion heart 59 said:

If we'd come out last Autumn and said from now on all our home games will be at Mayfield you would have had good point. As it is this is a one off emergency hopefully with Hornets having been badly let down by the football club. Not for the first time this season I may add.

It's funny that the Swinton chairman seems to be pushing for the game to be called off and the points given to the Lions, I thought as a chair of a rugby club rugby would be a priority and making sure the fans see as many games a possible, so helping Hornets find a suitable place to host the game instead of moaning on twitter would be a start. But I suppose points on the board are more important even if you get them underhandedly.

Why do these problems only seem to affect Dale and Hornets? You don`t hear the same things happening at other football/league shared grounds. Wigan,Hull and Huddersfield are three I know of and they don`t have these shambolic episodes. 

Archived