St Helens Final Tickets.

18 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Where did I say I wanted to only pay £20?

Find me a quote or I will report this post as you are a bare-faced liar.

There goes any humour in this thread..........

Calm down lad, it's a RL forum, with a load people talking mainly nonsense about RL and other subjects, its not a court of law. If you want to pay £20 you pay £20 I really dont care, just a bit of banter kid.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

There goes any humour in this thread..........

Calm down lad, it's a RL forum, with a load people talking mainly nonsense about RL and other subjects, its not a court of law. If you want to pay £20 you pay £20 I really dont care, just a bit of banter kid.

Edit. Fine, no desire to carry it on, some posts have already been deleted, so somebody is already bored of this.

10 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Edit. Fine, no desire to carry it on, some posts have already been deleted, so somebody is already bored of this.

Your posts weren't that bad to be deleted but Ok if someone didn't like them it is what it is -  see you at Wembley dave, we can bond over a £6 pint.

Looked at the ticket site and sales seem to be going very well - looking at a good crowd hopefully.

Even though the Widnes/ Sheffield final was poorly thought out it looks like it will put at least 5 to 6k more on the gate. Change the kick off to before the final next season and it could really grow and turn into a great carrot for the lower league clubs.

21 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Leigh are selling tickets in block 545 (£30 area, Saints/Widnes end) for £15 adults, £10 kids. Available to buy online and have them posted out HERE

Top man, just been to LSV and have 4 x £30 tickets  for £60 in a area that the RFL website shows as sold out. Absolute bargain. 

1 minute ago, saintspete83 said:

Top man, just been to LSV and have 4 x £30 tickets  for £60 in a area that the RFL website shows as sold out. Absolute bargain. 

Train ticket included?

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

2 hours ago, saintspete83 said:

You’ll be sat near me so feel free to get me a pint in return. Might wipe out what you’ve saved though ?

Could be one of the better recent attendances,Saints and Widnes seem to have sold well,as long clubs dont return unsold blocks shortly before the final. Could also mean a decent turn out for Skolars on the fri night.

12 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

Bit frustrating that I see this after buying 2 x £30 tickets for £60 though. Now in future years I will delay further and look for cut-price tickets, and the cycle perpetuates itself further...

There should be rules in place to stop clubs selling them for below face value. Im sure this is the case in other sports with similar schemes.

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

£15 is the face value of the ticket to the clubs.

But when the clubs are selling them publicly rather than to members, it undermines the normal tickets on sale.

3 hours ago, Saint 1 said:

Bit frustrating that I see this after buying 2 x £30 tickets for £60 though. Now in future years I will delay further and look for cut-price tickets, and the cycle perpetuates itself further...

Leigh are not alone in selling half price tickets, the only downfall is that you only get the option of 1 block of seats. On the RFL website this block has been listed as sold out when it's about half full looking at the Leigh ticket website a few moments ago. (reds are unsold) 

Screenshot_20190807_141952_com.android.chrome.jpg

35 minutes ago, saintspete83 said:

Leigh are not alone in selling half price tickets, the only downfall is that you only get the option of 1 block of seats. On the RFL website this block has been listed as sold out when it's about half full looking at the Leigh ticket website a few moments ago. (reds are unsold) 

Screenshot_20190807_141952_com.android.chrome.jpg

"I can see my seat from here" ?

59 minutes ago, Dave T said:

But when the clubs are selling them publicly rather than to members, it undermines the normal tickets on sale.

Then the RFL have got to look at what they are trying to gain from charging clubs £1,500 each and saying "here's a pile of tickets". The clubs are then left with doing whatever they can to try and limit their losses. Presumably the offers that Skolars doing are undermining the normal tickets as well?

15 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Then the RFL have got to look at what they are trying to gain from charging clubs £1,500 each and saying "here's a pile of tickets". The clubs are then left with doing whatever they can to try and limit their losses. Presumably the offers that Skolars doing are undermining the normal tickets as well?

You don't need to take it as a slur on Leigh, it is not intended that way at all mate. It absolutely applies to Skolars. 

I would expect that this model is designed to see the clubs selling them at face value (£30) and making some money off them, rather than them just covering a cost.

I don't think it is the best scheme for an event that is easy to get tickets for. I can understand if for RU internationals and similar, but in RL this just leads to cut price tickets.

I'd rather just have all clubs selling through one ticket system and if you are passed through the Leigh website for example then the club is paid the commission. That way the clubs have a reason to try and sell these and fans have a reason to buy via the club.

I think it is a well-intended scheme, but maybe not fit for purpose for this.

13 minutes ago, Dave T said:

You don't need to take it as a slur on Leigh, it is not intended that way at all mate. It absolutely applies to Skolars. 

I would expect that this model is designed to see the clubs selling them at face value (£30) and making some money off them, rather than them just covering a cost.

I don't think it is the best scheme for an event that is easy to get tickets for. I can understand if for RU internationals and similar, but in RL this just leads to cut price tickets.

I'd rather just have all clubs selling through one ticket system and if you are passed through the Leigh website for example then the club is paid the commission. That way the clubs have a reason to try and sell these and fans have a reason to buy via the club.

I think it is a well-intended scheme, but maybe not fit for purpose for this.

I think it's done purely because it always has been done that way, not least because it means there are automatically x thousand tickets counted on the gate regardless of whether they get used or not. 

If nothing else, it is good to see clubs actually attempting to shift them these days as in previous years it became an annual ritual for countless clubs outside of Super League to ring the participating clubs to see if they wanted to buy their 100 tickets from them, even though said participating clubs could get as many tickets as they wanted from the RFL on a sale or return basis.

Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

I think it's done purely because it always has been done that way, not least because it means there are automatically x thousand tickets counted on the gate regardless of whether they get used or not. 

If nothing else, it is good to see clubs actually attempting to shift them these days as in previous years it became an annual ritual for countless clubs outside of Super League to ring the participating clubs to see if they wanted to buy their 100 tickets from them, even though said participating clubs could get as many tickets as they wanted from the RFL on a sale or return basis.

Aye. I have no issue with reduced price tickets if it was exclusively for members, or club trips or whatever, but when they go on general sale and can be picked up by the finalists it isn't a great system, we are just fudging ticket sales.

40 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

"I can see my seat from here" ?

Are clubs charged £1500 or is it simply additional revenue for clubs that they have to put a bit of effort into making?

Either way I have no problem with this, every club should be selling tickets to finals and internationals as well as running buses.

Do Super League clubs do this? Never seen anything from Leeds.

1 minute ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Are clubs charged £1500 or is it simply additional revenue for clubs that they have to put a bit of effort into making?

Either way I have no problem with this, every club should be selling tickets to finals and internationals as well as running buses.

Do Super League clubs do this? Never seen anything from Leeds.

It's essentially part of clubs paying a participation fee but it breaks down at £15 per ticket so £1,500 for the 100. The theory is of course that you sell all 100 at full whack and make a bit of money, but that's a tough gig when any neutrals who are planning to go all along tend to prefer to buy through the RFL and have the luxury of choosing their block and price band.

Super League clubs don't receive an allocation in the same manner. They can request them on similar terms but I've never known it to be the case.

9 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It's essentially part of clubs paying a participation fee but it breaks down at £15 per ticket so £1,500 for the 100. The theory is of course that you sell all 100 at full whack and make a bit of money, but that's a tough gig when any neutrals who are planning to go all along tend to prefer to buy through the RFL and have the luxury of choosing their block and price band.

Super League clubs don't receive an allocation in the same manner. They can request them on similar terms but I've never known it to be the case.

That is the main issue here and why I think using digital channels people can buy whatever seats they want. The quality of seat/view at Wembley varies massively.

Archived